PDA

View Full Version : Where does Bernie Mac stand? (WCIU spot)

HotelWhiteSox
10-20-2005, 01:16 AM
I had the TV on WCIU while browsing WCIU, so I wasn't looking directly at it, but there was a Bernie Mac spot with the Sox logo on the screen, he said something like 'Thank you' or 'Congrats', and then got choked up as the spot was ending. I thought he was kidding around, but it looked like he was really about to cry.

But I'm confused now, where were his allegiances before this season? I remember him saying he was a life long Sox fan, but then in 03 we know what he did, and I've heard him that he gave up on the Sox (and there might have been bad blood of Mr. 3000 not being filmed here) because they've let him down, I guess it'd be no surprise if he starts sporting White Sox colors again :rolleyes:

I'm sure I'll get some 'who cares' type responses, but I'm just wondering, and I my emotions start to rumble when watching this type of thing and the Sox, like Cory McPherin on the post game after we won the pennant, where he got emotional and had to go off the camera as he got emotional from the thought of his dad being a life long White Sox fan.

antitwins13
10-20-2005, 01:23 AM
I had the TV on WCIU while browsing WCIU, so I wasn't looking directly at it, but there was a Bernie Mac spot with the Sox logo on the screen, he said something like 'Thank you' or 'Congrats', and then got choked up as the spot was ending. I thought he was kidding around, but it looked like he was really about to cry.

But I'm confused now, where were his allegiances before this season? I remember him saying he was a life long Sox fan, but then in 03 we know what he did, and I've heard him that he gave up on the Sox (and there might have been bad blood of Mr. 3000 not being filmed here) because they've let him down, I guess it'd be no surprise if he starts sporting White Sox colors again :rolleyes:

I'm sure I'll get some 'who cares' type responses, but I'm just wondering, and I my emotions start to rumble when watching this type of thing and the Sox, like Cory McPherin on the post game after we won the pennant, where he got emotional and had to go off the camera as he got emotional from the thought of his dad being a life long White Sox fan.

As far as I'm concerned once you go Cubbie Blue there is no coming back. He has been branded for life.

ChiSoxRowand
10-20-2005, 01:23 AM
He was on the Dan Patrick radio show last year and said he used to be a Sox fan but not anymore. And we know where he was game 6 of the 2003 NLCS.

gehrtsox7
10-20-2005, 01:36 AM
I used to work at the Stadium Club restaurant, he and his family would come in to eat, Ive also seen him in L.A. and I yelled various phrases like "Go Sox" etc. He is a White Sox fan, his manager probably through a Cubs hat on him for some promotional reason.

StrTrkker
10-20-2005, 10:39 AM
As far as I'm concerned once you go Cubbie Blue there is no coming back. He has been branded for life.

Yep. Your soooo right.

Joosh
10-20-2005, 12:02 PM

Don't tell that to Voodoochile! :o:

beckett21
10-20-2005, 12:19 PM
Don't tell that to Voodoochile! :o:

I'm sure voodoo is capable of speaking for himself, but there's a fundamental difference here. VC changed his colors permanently and has never wavered since.

If Bernie Mac were to come back to the Sox side now, he would be no more than a windsock.

Sure, it's easy to jump back on the bandwagon for the good times. The Cubs can keep him and Cusack and the rest of them all as far as I am concerned.

Then again, honestly, who cares about celebs anyway? This is about the real fans. You know, like the guy who uses a Marlins player as his alias on a Sox site. :cool:

PatK
10-20-2005, 01:17 PM
Bernie never said he was a Cubs fan. He only sang at Wrigley because he was there to promote his show on Fox during a game that was broadcast on Fox.

Remember, he sang "root root root for the Champions", not "Cubbies".

And I think his "I'm not a Sox fan anymore" thing came because of how he got mad at them for collapsing in 2003 and the middle of 2004.

slavko
10-20-2005, 04:33 PM
Once you're gone, Bernie Mac,
You can never come back.

Whooooooo.
(Write Go Go White Sox on the blackboard 100 times and stand on one foot for 5 minutes and I might change my mind.)