PDA

View Full Version : Sox fan in Houston, help me!!

Early Win!
10-20-2005, 01:14 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/icons/icon1.gifI'm a White Sox fan living in Houston. Someone help me out! It was bad enough with the Flub and north side media hype when they play the Astros. Now the local mediots are saying how they are going to explore and describe the south side of Chicago as if it were some sort of wilderness that Lewis and Clark missed. They are going to find out it is the "baddest part of town". It is sickening how they are saying how the Astros are going to dump our Sox.

antitwins13
10-20-2005, 01:25 AM
Just tell them to read the article US Insular Field from last weeks Cubune.

Nellie_Fox
10-20-2005, 01:42 AM
Hey, let them fear the south side. Maybe they'll stay away.

Coolpapa
10-20-2005, 02:16 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/icons/icon1.gifI'm a White Sox fan living in Houston. Someone help me out! It was bad enough with the Flub and north side media hype when they play the Astros. Now the local mediots are saying how they are going to explore and describe the south side of Chicago as if it were some sort of wilderness that Lewis and Clark missed. They are going to find out it is the "baddest part of town". It is sickening how they are saying how the Astros are going to dump our Sox.

Why does that whole team look as if they need a shave?

Kittle'sNeighbor
10-20-2005, 09:52 AM
They were diggin' Buerhle's facial display and had to copy a winner.

rocky biddle
10-20-2005, 10:12 AM
I don't think I've ever heard of someone that visited Chicago and didn't absolutely love the city. That being said, I'm sure there will plenty of stories next week about the area just to the southeast of the ballpark and how terrifying the neighborhood is for poor, out-of-town whitey. Get ready for re-tread columns about the Ligue's and the supposed lack of bars around the park and all the other overused talking points in the stereotype bin of their newsrooms. Why do research and find a unique, well thought out story when you can just throw together a fluff piece full of stereotypical half-truths?