PDA

View Full Version : Beginning of the end for the Braves?

Flight #24
10-19-2005, 11:28 PM
Probably not, but jaw-droppingly amazing, IMO. Leo Mazzone to join O's (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2194428)

How they let this guy go is beyond me. Here's hoping the Sox realize what they have and lock Coop up beyond next year, or at least give King George the finger if/when he officially requests permission to talk to him, keeping him here through 2006.

But really, he should be here forever, unless he wants to manage. But IMO he's at least a few years away from that.

Unregistered
10-19-2005, 11:38 PM
Baltimore? What a crap assignment. I can't blame Mazzone for wanting nothing to do with the Yankees. Today was the last day he was allowed to negotiate with them and that obviously fell through...

Chips
10-19-2005, 11:39 PM
Why? Why would Mazzone leave the Braves for any job other than manager? Best of luck to him and this is not the beginning of the end for the Braves. THEY WILL THEIR DIVISION NEXT YEAR. IF NOT YOU CAN THROW IT BACK IN MY FACE. THEY ARE WINNING IT.

antitwins13
10-19-2005, 11:56 PM
Why? Why would Mazzone leave the Braves for any job other than manager? Best of luck to him and this is not the beginning of the end for the Braves. THEY WILL THEIR DIVISION NEXT YEAR. IF NOT YOU CAN THROW IT BACK IN MY FACE. THEY ARE WINNING IT.

Throw it in my face too. I don't have kids, but if I did I'd bet my kids on The Braves winning the division.

DSpivack
10-19-2005, 11:58 PM

Seems like every year is the predicted "end of the Braves." This year they didn't have a great offense and their pitching was solid but not spectacular [6th in NL ERA]. Who knows. I doubt Florida will be good; their payroll is going down. I just don't see the Nationals doing it. The leaves the Mets and the Phillies. Mazzone is the best in the business, and Cox is certainly one of the top managers, and they have young talent. Should be interesting.

HotelWhiteSox
10-20-2005, 12:02 AM
This kind of surprised me, I guess it shows that every organization has their issues, because I don't see why else he'd leave Atlanta for Baltimore? (unless there's some personal or family consideration)

TDog
10-20-2005, 01:51 AM
The Braves actually won this season with an infusion of young talent. They play in a tough devision. No team had a losing record. But the Braves seem to be doing the right things to stay on top.

OEO Magglio
10-20-2005, 04:32 AM
I'll remember this post.:tongue: Their run is over. BOOK IT.

maurice
10-20-2005, 01:59 PM
Coop repeatedly has said that he's loyal to the Sox and has no interest in the NYY job. Media reports to the contrary are ignorant speculation.

DSpivack
10-20-2005, 03:03 PM
This kind of surprised me, I guess it shows that every organization has their issues, because I don't see why else he'd leave Atlanta for Baltimore? (unless there's some personal or family consideration)

Sounds like Mazzone and the new O's manager, forgot his name and too lazy to look it up right now, are very good friends.

Chez
10-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Sounds like Mazzone and the new O's manager, forgot his name and too lazy to look it up right now, are very good friends.

Bingo. Mazzone and Perlozzo (that's a lot of Z's) were best friends growing up.