PDA

View Full Version : Kruk and Reynolds pick the Sox!!!!!!!

Nellie_Fox
10-19-2005, 11:16 PM
Just now, both Kruk and Reynolds pick the Sox for starting pitching, bullpen (Reynolds picked the Astro's just barely for bullpen,) and offense, and obviously both picked the Sox to win the Series.

I don't know if that's a good thing, but there it is!

AJPosguchi
10-19-2005, 11:18 PM
Unbelievable... I heard it too, Hypocrites!

Optipessimism
10-19-2005, 11:18 PM
I was just going to post this. It's kind of disturbing that we aren't the underdogs anymore.

Coolpapa
10-19-2005, 11:20 PM
Just now, both Kruk and Reynolds pick the Sox for starting pitching, bullpen (Reynolds picked the Astro's just barely for bullpen,) and offense, and obviously both picked the Sox to win the Series.

It took these two Madison Ave., east coast promotion yes men since spring training to pick the Sox, good thing the mets aren't in the Series

fquaye149
I was getting a little nauseous from all the saccharine sweet love fest.

But look at me - typical Sox fan - clamoring for respect ALL YEAR and once we finally get what we deserve I don't want it.

No wonder my love life is so dysfunctional.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:UBkrqWU3BoIJ:http://www.evl.uic.edu/pape/Marx/Groucho.jpg
"I wouldn't belong to any club that would have me as a member"

koch44
They both picked us to beat Anaheim.

Fredsox
10-19-2005, 11:22 PM
I didn't matter when they picked against us and it sure doesn't matter when they pick for us. We'll do our job on the field and they can make their predictions all they want. Nobody gives a whatever. Let's face facts: the ESPN geniuses haven't distinguished themselves this year with their ability to predicut outcomes.

cheeses_h_rice
10-19-2005, 11:23 PM
With this White Sox team, I honestly don't worry about them letting up even if they are the majority favorites among sportswriters and mediots.

silhouette
10-19-2005, 11:24 PM
Now Peter Gammons picked us to win the WS.

Corlose 15
10-19-2005, 11:24 PM
FWIW, Steve Phillips picked the Sox in 7. Peter Gammons also just picked the Sox on Sportscenter.

MrRoboto83
10-19-2005, 11:27 PM
Of course ESPN is going to pick us, we are closer to the Eastern Seaboard than Houston.

silhouette
10-19-2005, 11:29 PM
Well let's enjoy it while it last, it ain't gonna last forever....

gobears1987
10-19-2005, 11:31 PM
(Reynolds picked the Astro's just barely for bullpen,)
Yeah that bullpen did such a GREAT job in game 5.

Hokiesox
Of course ESPN is going to pick us, we are closer to the Eastern Seaboard than Houston.

We are the larger media market.

Optipessimism
If anyone didn't see Reynolds and Kruk pick us, they both compared the Sox and Stros in terms of SP, bullpen, offense, and manager. The only pick for the Stros was Reynolds picking their bullpen and that was only because he wasn't sure how the Sox pen would react to so much time off. Just one question though: how can these ESPN guys be more confident in the Sox's chances than me, a lifelong Sox fan? ***?

Chisox003
*insert extremely overused Who Cares tag here*

I like being the underdogs .... These guys are idiots, and they've proved it time and again this season

Why are we still paying attention to these clowns? :dunno:

seanpmurphy
10-19-2005, 11:36 PM
If anyone didn't see Reynolds and Kruk pick us, they both compared the Sox and Stros in terms of SP, bullpen, offense, and manager. The only pick for the Stros was Reynolds picking their bullpen and that was only because he wasn't sure how the Sox pen would react to so much time off. Just one question though: how can these ESPN guys be more confident in the Sox's chances than me, a lifelong Sox fan? ***?

Yeah, remember how terrible Jon Garland was after almost 2 weeks off?

I trust our guys. Hey, if we can go another 4 straight CGs....why not?

flo-B-flo
10-19-2005, 11:43 PM

I like being the underdogs .... These guys are idiots, and they've proved it time and again this season

Why are we still paying attention to these clowns? :dunno:Wow man this is what I think. Who the **** cares what John ****in' Kruk thinks. Jeeez. You'd think all of us would have learned the lesson that the Sox gotta win it all before they get the credit they deserve. And who gives a **** about that too? GO-GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tragg
10-19-2005, 11:44 PM
Kruk picked us to sweep the Angels.

CHISOXFAN13
10-19-2005, 11:48 PM

Why are we still paying attention to these clowns? :dunno:

They were pretty smart with their predictions for the ALCS.

I find these threads funny. If they don't pick the Sox, they are idiots. If they do, they are idiots.

Nellie_Fox
10-19-2005, 11:58 PM
I find these threads funny. If they don't pick the Sox, they are idiots. If they do, they are idiots.Ain't that the truth?

You'd think all of us would have learned the lesson that the Sox gotta win it all before they get the credit they deserve.Here's an example. ALL of BBTN gives the Sox "the credit they deserve" and we have a poster saying that they don't get "the credit they deserve."

I'm confused.

putherawaywet
10-20-2005, 01:49 AM
Kruk and Reynolds are true "heiny birds". They fly in around in the same concentric circle. Eventually they will fly up each other's ass and both disappear forever! :bandance:

Stroker Ace
10-20-2005, 01:53 AM
Yeah, they may have picked us, but they sounded that they regret doing this. Anyway, I don't care what these idiots think.

TheOldRoman
10-20-2005, 01:59 AM
I find these threads funny. If they don't pick the Sox, they are idiots. If they do, they are idiots.
Yes, and you are missing the underlying theme... they are idiots!! No matter what they do or say, they have proven themselves to be bandwagon hopping clowns. They picked the Red Sox over us, and if we would have played the Yankees they would have picked them over us.

The Dude
10-20-2005, 07:16 AM
Kruk picked us to sweep the Angels.

No he didnt. He picked us in 5 and was absolutely right. Reynolds said Sox in 6 over the Angels. I dont know where you people come up with these numbers!:o:

EDIT: Heres the old thread from before the Angels series. Hopefully Kruk will be right on again!
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59550

tifosiv122
10-20-2005, 07:38 AM
ESPN Cold Pizza is very against the Sox, almost everyone has picked the Astros.

Erik

Over By There
10-20-2005, 08:40 AM
I heard this on M&M this morning, and my first thought was, "I hope this is where Kruk and Reynolds start being right about something for a change."

Scotty347
10-20-2005, 08:45 AM
Now Peter Gammons picked us to win the WS.

Gammons also picked us to beat Boston and then to beat the Angels. He has been right on the money.

IronFisk
10-20-2005, 10:12 AM
Remember where all these "pros" picked us at the BEGINNING of the season?

WHO CARES! That's why they play the games!

Being said, let's rip 'em a new one! :bandance:

pczarapa
10-20-2005, 10:13 AM

That's the kiss of death

santo=dorf
10-20-2005, 10:29 AM
Gammons also picked us to beat Boston and then to beat the Angels. He has been right on the money.
He also picked the Red Sox over us on the radio, and picked the angels online.

He's just covering his ass.

ChiSoxGirl
10-20-2005, 10:33 AM
Remember where all these "pros" picked us at the BEGINNING of the season?

WHO CARES! That's why they play the games!

Being said, let's rip 'em a new one! :bandance:

What happened to "...WE NEED MORE COWBELL!" in your signature? :tongue:

mccoydp
10-20-2005, 10:59 AM
I'm surprised that Kruk could put his feed bag down long enough to make any type of verbal prediction.

DenverSock
10-20-2005, 11:13 AM
We are the larger media market.

Truer words were never spoken!

DenverSock
10-20-2005, 11:15 AM
They were pretty smart with their predictions for the ALCS.

They are in fact idiots.:tongue:

gf2020
10-20-2005, 11:28 AM

Someone else brought it up, but I simply refuse to let the HOF get away with it. Gammons turned around and picked the Red Sox on The Dan Patrick Radio Show less than 24 hours after picking the White Sox online.

These fools simply look at the larger media market and pick them to win every series, which is why Chicago is finally favored to win one.

Bucky F. Dent
10-20-2005, 11:54 AM
Just wondering when ESPN will run the story about all the great former Yankee pitchers in the Series, and where would the Yankees be today had they kept these guys.

IronFisk
10-20-2005, 11:55 AM
What happened to "...WE NEED MORE COWBELL!" in your signature? :tongue:

OOOPS! :redneck