PDA

View Full Version : Fox's Top Ten Post Season Home Runs

Madvora
10-19-2005, 08:15 PM
Anyone else just see that?
This was just on the pregame show for the Cardinals and Astros game.

The weird thing was the shot they showed of Carlton Fisk's 1975 homerun against the Reds. It looked like they inserted an acted out part of a guy that looks like Fisk from the back acting out the homerun rather than showing the real footage.

Did anyone else see that? What the hell was that?

StrTrkker
10-19-2005, 08:29 PM
I saw that too. They did the same with the Kirk Gibson homer. Really lame.

And for some stupid reason...on the pre-game show they had 4 batting helmets lined up behind both of the hosts. The AL on one side the NL on the other. I can understand doing that to promote their "8 Teams...1 Champion" slogan but what is The Cubs helmet doing there?

I see St. Louis, Houston & San Diego, but The Cubs? Wheres Atlanta?

Furthermore...on the AL side the helmets looked like The White Sox, Boston, Yankees and another but its not The Angels.

Madvora
10-19-2005, 08:31 PM
Maybe there's some weird copywright thing with showing the footage.

I never even saw what they did with Kirk Gibson's, I just jumped up and posted that as soon as I saw Fisk's.

That was the weirdest thing I have ever seen.

ChiSoxRowand
10-20-2005, 01:41 AM
There is no way that Fisk homer should be so high. THEY LOST GAME 7. My top 3 (of the top of my head)-

1. Gibson
2. Joe Carter
3. Mazeroski

Baby Fisk
10-20-2005, 01:19 PM
Most striking was the footage of Dave Henderson's 1986 HR against the Angels. The ball cleared the LF wall and fell into a sea of... EMPTY SEATS?! :?:

PaulDrake
10-20-2005, 01:21 PM
Let an old guy bang his head against the wall one more time. Nothing compares to Maz's homer. Nothing. Nowhere. Anytime or place.

Madvora
10-20-2005, 02:07 PM
Most striking was the footage of Dave Henderson's 1986 HR against the Angels. The ball cleared the LF wall and fell into a sea of... EMPTY SEATS?! :?:

Yeah, I noticed that too. Those were all within the first 5 rows too. What the hell was that all about?

Tekijawa
10-20-2005, 02:10 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too. Those were all within the first 5 rows too. What the hell was that all about?

Maybe there was a patio party going on and they hadn't gotten to their Seats yet?