PDA

View Full Version : Schaumburg area bars?

downstairs
10-19-2005, 06:35 PM
Can anyone recommend any good Sox-friendly bars in the Schaumburg area to watch some World Series games?

I'm sure every bar in America will be playing the games... but I'm curious if anyone can recommend some real good ones in the Schaumburg area?

Foulke You
10-19-2005, 07:13 PM
I recommend "The Stadium" in Rolling Meadows. It is not too far from Woodfield off Algonquin near Rt 53. They have $3.50 "monster mugs" of beer (32 oz), good pizza, and good chili, all reasonably priced. They also play the game audio pretty loud. I watched Game 3 of the ALCS there and there were a TON of Sox fans. They looked like real Sox fans too, not bandwagoners.

Here is the info:
The Stadium
4015 Algonquin Road
Rolling Meadows, Illinois
(847) 397-2440

I can also tell you a Schamburg bar to AVOID, and that is a place called "Chicago City Limits". VERY pro Cubs bar that gives crappy service and balked at putting a Sox regular season game on TV for me earlier in the year. I encourage all Northwest Suburban Sox fans to avoid this place like the plague during our moment of glory. (I posted my story about this place in What's the Score after it happened but I'm too lazy to look it up right now).:cool:

Happy hunting and hopefully, we'll be toasting a White Sox World Series Winner!:gulp:

Cuck the Fubs
10-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Looks like I know where I'll be going Saturday!

34rancher
10-19-2005, 07:27 PM
I can tell you Champps was definitely pro-sox on Sat night.

kevingrt
10-19-2005, 09:45 PM
I can tell you Champps was definitely pro-sox on Sat night.

You are correct Rancher... Champps has been very prosox all season. Great place to hang out and gets really loud. Quality place... If you're close I say go.

Theanticub
10-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Can anyone recommend any good Sox-friendly bars in the Schaumburg area to watch some World Series games?

I'm sure every bar in America will be playing the games... but I'm curious if anyone can recommend some real good ones in the Schaumburg area?

Isn't shoeless Joe's up that way? That has to be a pro sox bar.

34rancher
10-19-2005, 10:36 PM
Isn't shoeless Joe's up that way? That has to be a pro sox bar.
Shoeless Joe's is over by O'Hare off of Manheim and Higgins.

mantis1212
10-19-2005, 10:39 PM
Fox and Hound at Roselle and Golf is a great place- lots of big screens and a talented wait staff

CLR01
10-20-2005, 02:18 AM
Fox and Hound at Roselle and Golf is a great place- lots of big screens and a talented wait staff

Fox is great for football on Saturday or Sundays but I am not sure how they will do with a single baseball game, especially a Sox game. The food is decent but stay away from the pizza. From my experience (a lot) the wait staff is very hit or miss. Watch the tab, it adds up quick.

The Stadium is a good choice.

Avoid ****ty Limits.

Village Tavern has good food but Cub fans run the place. Service is usually good.

Hooters is Hooters.

I have not been in the new Damon's but if it like the one in Bloomington it would be a solid choice.

Champps is a good choice but I don't recommend watching every game there. The food, IMO, is very average. They do get a good crowd in there though.

There is a Buffalo Wild Wings on Euclid, in Mt. Prospect I believe. I have never been to that one but I do enjoy watching games there.

To watch all the games I would go with the Stadium or Village. One or two games go with Fox and Hound.

bayzbol44
10-20-2005, 06:03 AM
I went to the Buffalo Wild Wings mentioned above in Mt. Prospect. That place was pretty cool. It was loud and packed. Damon's is just okay. When I was there during the ALDS, you were lucky if there were 10 Sox fans and it was annoying because some worker was clapping everytime the Red Sawx scored. He said something to some customer, if he would have come up to me...
I will be going to the Buffalo Wild Wings out in Algonquin. That place was even louder than the one in Mt. Prospect.

downstairs
10-20-2005, 07:22 AM
You are correct Rancher... Champps has been very prosox all season. Great place to hang out and gets really loud. Quality place... If you're close I say go.

You're crazy! If you're talking about the Champps on Golf... no way.

Went there when a Cubs and Sox game were on one night... 1 big screen for Cubs... one big screen with Cubs and other MLB.... and two of there smaller TV's for the Sox.

downstairs
10-20-2005, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the ideas everyone...

I've been to Fox and Hound. Its a fine place to go for drinks... but if you go there to eat, expect the absolute worst service you'll every get anywhere.

Law11
10-20-2005, 10:31 AM
Theres also Harry's in downtown Arlington heights.
Buffalo Wild wings is a safe bet.
Champs to me isnt set up as well for events.
Its more restaurant than sports bar. To me anyway.

eriqjaffe
10-20-2005, 10:33 AM
Theres also Harry's in downtown Arlington heights.Is Harry's any good? I live within walking distance, so that makes it kinda tempting...

Law11
10-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Is Harry's any good? I live within walking distance, so that makes it kinda tempting...

Harrys is a great place to watch it. Good food, beer a little pricey (Arlington Hts) I'm 5 minutes away so it makes a nice spot to hit for sporting events although Buffalo Wild wings over at Randhurst I hear was jumpin'.

Harry's More local tavernish feel then sports bar.

DaleJRFan
10-20-2005, 10:38 AM
Durty Nellies is a pretty cool place, not too far from the Woodfield area.

http://www.durtynellies.com/

Only problem is I think they have a band playing saturday night... might compete with the TV volume.