PDA

View Full Version : Bitter Cub Fans

Petch
10-19-2005, 06:41 PM
I know that we all have varying opinions on the Cubs and Cub fans, but I am from the school of "they hate us and I hate them". Anyway, since we got won the pennant, my will to fight with Cub fans has been deflated. However, for some reason, Cub fans find the need to defend themselves, their team, and their reasons for believing that not only will the Sox lose the series, but they are still a "bad team". Do I even need to say anything? How would you deal with these fans and how have you guys handled Cub fans during this wonderful postseason?

soxruleEP
10-19-2005, 06:43 PM
Ignore them--say they're right and walk away. Nothing will burn 'em more. They just want to get you riled so that you pop off.

Half Cocked Jack
10-19-2005, 06:46 PM
However, for some reason, Cub fans find the need to defend themselves, their team, and their reasons for believing that not only will the Sox lose the series, but they are still a "bad team".
Point out the absurdity of calling a team in the World Series a bad one. If the White Sox are bad, the rest of the AL must be beyond terrible.

FarWestChicago
10-19-2005, 06:53 PM
I know that we all have varying opinions on the Cubs and Cub fans, but I am from the school of "they hate us and I hate them". Anyway, since we got won the pennant, my will to fight with Cub fans has been deflated. However, for some reason, Cub fans find the need to defend themselves, their team, and their reasons for believing that not only will the Sox lose the series, but they are still a "bad team". Do I even need to say anything? How would you deal with these fans and how have you guys handled Cub fans during this wonderful postseason?I'm from the "get this crap out of the Clubhouse" school. :rolleyes:

Cuck the Fubs
10-19-2005, 07:22 PM
Simple way to handle it........

Point to your White Sox World Series cap and SMILE!:D:

chisoxfanatic
10-19-2005, 08:51 PM
My God, I had an experience while at Jewel last night! I was wearing a Sox cap and minding my own business when this lady wearing a Cubs shirt said "Sox Suck!"

I couldn't believe it! So, I asked her to name 3 Cub players, to which she could not (figures)! She asked me to do the same with my Sox roster, but I out-did her request...I named the entire 25-man playoff roster in a very short time! She gave me a very dirty look.

I ended by giving her the "choking" sign eluding to 2003 and asked her when the Cubs game was on this Saturday. She had no answer, and I pushed my shopping cart along...Cha ching!

TornLabrum
10-19-2005, 08:54 PM
Cubs fans fit the description that Jerry Reinsdorf gave of J. Moronotti on Bob Sirott's TV show earlier this year. They are pissants.

TDog
10-19-2005, 10:37 PM
To hear some Cubs fans, you'd think the Sox were lucky to get into the playoffs after an 88-win season.

DumpJerry
10-19-2005, 11:10 PM
My God, I had an experience while at Jewel last night! I was wearing a Sox cap and minding my own business when this lady wearing a Cubs shirt said "Sox Suck!"

I couldn't believe it! So, I asked her to name 3 Cub players, to which she could not (figures)! She asked me to do the same with my Sox roster, but I out-did her request...I named the entire 25-man playoff roster in a very short time! She gave me a very dirty look.

I ended by giving her the "choking" sign eluding to 2003 and asked her when the Cubs game was on this Saturday. She had no answer, and I pushed my shopping cart along...Cha ching!
I had a similar experience yesterday. A guy I know who is somewhat of a goon came up to me to let me know that the Sox are real bad and his team (Tigers) rule. This guy is from Detroit and loves all Detroit-based teams (he's single girls!). I reminded him that the Tiger finished something like 20 games under .500. He said something about Magglio Ordonez. I responded that without Maggs on the roster this year, news flash!, we made the World Series!

As I was leaving the bar, he saw me outside and said "Sox Suck." I ignored it and walked to my car.

Now for the big news from yesterday (drum roll please): I am turning over a new leaf. I will from this point forward be nice to Cub fans. I know, first time for everything. From now on, I will not tell Cub fans how bad their team is, rather I will simply state the following: "I hope your team achieves its full potential." Just don't ask me what I think is their potential.:redneck

gobears1987
10-19-2005, 11:10 PM
I know that we all have varying opinions on the Cubs and Cub fans, but I am from the school of "they hate us and I hate them". Anyway, since we got won the pennant, my will to fight with Cub fans has been deflated. However, for some reason, Cub fans find the need to defend themselves, their team, and their reasons for believing that not only will the Sox lose the series, but they are still a "bad team". Do I even need to say anything? How would you deal with these fans and how have you guys handled Cub fans during this wonderful postseason?One thing to say back:

DumpJerry
10-19-2005, 11:11 PM
One thing to say back:
....................and counting..........

havelj
10-19-2005, 11:30 PM
One thing to say back:

..and it was a depleted league in 1945 with the war on.

chisoxfanatic
10-19-2005, 11:45 PM
This guy is from Detroit

I already feel sorry for the guy...