PDA

View Full Version : Supreme confidence?

MERPER
10-19-2005, 04:48 PM
I have always had confidence in the White Sox and always sport their gear proudly... but lately I have been walking around campus with a little more hop in my step...

I keep telling people, especially Cardinals fans here, that I don't care who we play because we can beat either...

Is this the most confidence you've EVER had with the Sox?

:)

sox1970
10-19-2005, 04:52 PM
I have always had confidence in the White Sox and always sport their gear proudly... but lately I have been walking around campus with a little more hop in my step...

I keep telling people, especially Cardinals fans here, that I don't care who we play because we can beat either...

Be careful. It's good to feel confident, but don't say anything outloud to non-Sox fans.

Madvora
10-19-2005, 04:57 PM
I didn't have a ton of confidence with the Sox against the Angels, especially playing in Anaheim. I'm still stunned at sweeping the Red Sox, then winning 4 in a row against Anaheim. This is definitely the best they've played all year.

I think they're going to win it all and I have more confidence in the Sox for this series than the previous two, but that won't keep me from pacing back and forth for every single pitch.

The Dude
10-19-2005, 05:05 PM
I didn't have a ton of confidence with the Sox against the Angels, especially playing in Anaheim. I'm still stunned at sweeping the Red Sox, then winning 4 in a row against Anaheim. This is definitely the best they've played all year.

I think they're going to win it all and I have more confidence in the Sox for this series than the previous two, but that won't keep me from pacing back and forth for every single pitch.

Honestly, the Anaheim series scared me to death! I thought it would go all 7 and could go either way. This upcoming world series will depend on how intense the game is tonight. I think if the Astros put together some runs in non-dramatic fashion and win the game...we should beat this in 5-6 games. If they have a dramatic walk-off HR in the 9th-extras...they will have that little extra edge that can push our World Series to the limit. But hey, I was wrong twice, so why not make it a third time!:D:

About the confident thing, I'm trying not to push my luck with the non-sox fans and keeping my gloating to a minimum until we do win it all because then there can be no naysayers. I wear my AL champ shirt, division shirt, Buehrle and Crede jersey shirts, 83 logo shirt, Pk jersey, green Sox shirt, Southside Hitmen shirt, Grey away jersey, and sometimes even my black Maggs jersey with pride without saying a word. I think the logo speaks for itself and doesnt need someone gloating about it. That being said, I wont be able to contain myself if and when we do win it all! GO SOX!

Corlose 15
10-19-2005, 05:34 PM
I thought the sox would beat the Angels in 6 games. After the egg they layed in game 1 I was a little worried. Then after game 2 I was a little worried how Garland would respond to long rest but as gametime approaced I became more and more sure that he would have a good outing. I was pretty confident about games 4 and 5. What did surprise me was how the Sox totally manhandled the Angels in Anaheim, very impressive and it has to give you a good feeling about the WS.

dividedsk717
10-19-2005, 05:46 PM

Before the Red Sox and Angels series, no. AFTER the Angels series, YES!

I just have this feeling that the Sox will win it no matter what happens. Usually I have anxiety mixed in with excitment before something like this, but I have no anxiety. I'm just eager and excited to get things started!

I guess this is what happens after 4 CG and dominant pitching performances. :cool:

Layla
10-19-2005, 07:15 PM
These guys look awfully good this year.

I'm trying not to get arrogant about the whole thing. I am, though, still so damn excited about seeing these guys make it to the World Series.

SweetnesSox
10-19-2005, 10:53 PM
I'm trying not to get arrogant about the whole thing. I am, though, still so damn excited about seeing these guys make it to the World Series. weird since i'm listening to layla by eric clapton RIGHT NOW. weeeeird. anyway yes the sox seem to be completely manhandling teams, which is amazing to see. they "got them on their knees" as EC would say haaha.

Chips
10-19-2005, 10:54 PM
I'm thinking with four straight complete games.

Theanticub
10-19-2005, 11:12 PM

Well I have a ton of confidence..I mean come on we swept the bosox, we took the ALCS in 5 from the angels....I have confidence coming out my ears.

chisoxfanatic
10-19-2005, 11:35 PM
I'm thinking with four straight complete games.

Probably not going to happen considering our pitchers have to BAT in Houston.

I think this team is going to win the World Series though. Houston's offense isn't nearly as good as Boston's was.

kevingrt
10-19-2005, 11:37 PM
We are still the underdogs. We have won all year as the underdog and in no way is that gonna stop this weekend or the upcming week!

Baby Fisk
10-20-2005, 10:08 AM
http://www.norcalmovies.com/Pollyanna/pollyanna-poster3.jpg
"Oh my beloved White Sox fans! We've made it this far with courage and bravery. And now the prize is within reach, and my confidence is as unshakeable as this tree. There, do you see me shaking it? I can't, because it is unshakeable! Tee hee hee!"