PDA

View Full Version : Denver Sox Fans

manders_01
10-19-2005, 04:31 PM
Trying to make sure that all the Sox fans in Denver have a blast watching the World Series. I know I'd like nothing more than to share my excitement so I'm hoping to find the best bar in town to watch the games.

:gulp:

Old Chicago's (downtown or on CO Blvd) come to mind immediately, followed by Govnr's Park (the manager is always willing to put the Bears on for me, most of the time of the big screen). Is there anyone else out here who's looking to watch the game with others?

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Sxy Mofo
10-19-2005, 04:40 PM
I'm down for any bar. I just want some sox fans here to watch it with. I know there's guys from this board in denver.

I'm actually thinking sports column downtown. I watch the bears at a bar called jackson's sports grill in lakewood off sixth and kipling, but i am down for anything.

Sxy Mofo
10-19-2005, 04:42 PM
And actually, speaking of the bears, that bar i mentioned i watched the bears at (jackson's in lakewood), there's usually 7 or 8 die hards there every week, sometimes as many as 13-15. You should come on down.

manders_01
10-19-2005, 04:47 PM
Sounds cool. There used to be a good group of us at Gov's but since the last season I spent there regularly (I've been out of CO for about 2 yrs), we have dwindled. My best friend's husband said that Old C's on CO plays the Bears each weekend too.

I'm pretty much up for any place also. I'm wondering if there might be an ad or two in the WestWord tomorrow of places doing something special for the series and/or catering to fans of one team or the other.

Sxy Mofo
10-19-2005, 04:50 PM
Like I said, I'm down for anywhere. But i am probably going to be watching game 1 with my dad, but i might be able to drag him to a bar. Let's hope we can get a group together.

manders_01
10-19-2005, 05:02 PM
There are two people I work with that are up for it too. We all live downtown so maybe something in the city?

Totally bring your dad! Won't make me feel so sad that I can't watch the game with mine!

Also, I don't know about you but I don't care if it's a school night or not - I'm in this!

Sxy Mofo
10-19-2005, 05:08 PM
I'm thinking the sports column then. That's always been a good place to watch a game. And one of my favorite bars to hang out at when there's not a game. you know where that is?

manders_01
10-19-2005, 05:19 PM
I do. Should we say there as a tentative location? I'd like to see if there is anything in the WestWord - esp reduced drinks! LOL

Sxy Mofo
10-19-2005, 05:32 PM
sounds good to me.

manders_01
10-19-2005, 05:41 PM
Wondering something though...what time do they start playing music for the dance floor? Are we going to have a conflict?

Sxy Mofo
10-19-2005, 05:48 PM
Wondering something though...what time do they start playing music for the dance floor? Are we going to have a conflict?

We were in there on a friday night a few weeks ago during the cleveland game. They had sound from all the games. I'd doubt the music starts til after 10. who knows though. i bet since it's the world series... wow, the world series... they'll have sound for it the whole time.

manders_01
10-19-2005, 05:50 PM
It still does seem a bit surreal, huh?

I just can't wait till Sat though! :bandance:

pmck003
10-19-2005, 06:10 PM
I would love to have some other sox fans to cheer with - I doubt Sports Column gets too crazy before ten or so and the other side of the bar may have the game sound on if it does.

Sxy Mofo
10-19-2005, 06:17 PM
I would love to have some other sox fans to cheer with - I doubt Sports Column gets too crazy before ten or so and the other side of the bar may have the game sound on if it does.

It'll be fine, I'd believe. You'd have to assume the bar voted best sports bar in denver would have sound for a world series game.

We will see you there.

manders_01
10-19-2005, 06:31 PM
Make sure you recruit any Sox fans you know too!

manders_01
10-20-2005, 03:14 PM
Hey again! I don't know if anyone else found another place to go but I didn't see anything in the WestWord. So it looks like Sports Column is going to be the place to be. The telecast begins at 5:30 but I'll be there shortly after 5. Hope to see lots of people there!

RockyMtnSoxFan
10-20-2005, 04:51 PM
I live up in Boulder. I have a friend who is an Astros fan (unfortunately), so I think I will end up watching game 1 with him. However, I would like to watch game 2 with other Sox fans. Are you guys planning to watch game 2 at the same place?

Sxy Mofo
10-20-2005, 04:56 PM
I live up in Boulder. I have a friend who is an Astros fan (unfortunately), so I think I will end up watching game 1 with him. However, I would like to watch game 2 with other Sox fans. Are you guys planning to watch game 2 at the same place?

I think we should.

manders_01
10-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Sounds good to me! I don't know about anyone else, but I can't bare the thought of being alone during this series, so you will see me out there every night of the series. Hopefully, we will be a big crowd each game.

BTW - I don't know about the rest of you, but my production level at work is seriously low and I cannot wait for Sat!

See you all soon!

bbadger2002
10-20-2005, 07:44 PM
I'll make it to the Sports Column as well, as long as many other will be there. See you then!!!

Sxy Mofo
10-21-2005, 10:13 AM
To warn you guys, hopefully i can drag my dad down there, if not, I'm probably going to watch game 1 with him at his house (and i'll already be out there because we watch the notre dame games together), because that may be the only game we'll get to watch together. But i'll definitely be there on sunday, tuesday and wednesday... and whatever else is needed (and hopefully saturday!)

manders_01
10-21-2005, 03:40 PM
BTW - did you all realize (for those of you that care - I hope all of you), that the Bears play late on Sunday?

I usually watch the Bears at Gov's but I'm going to go to Sports Column so I don't miss a thing from either game. If they normally don't play the Bears, maybe we can convince them to do so. If they won't there's a chance I won't watch either game at SC.

Sxy Mofo
10-21-2005, 04:25 PM
BTW - did you all realize (for those of you that care - I hope all of you), that the Bears play late on Sunday?

I usually watch the Bears at Gov's but I'm going to go to Sports Column so I don't miss a thing from either game. If they normally don't play the Bears, maybe we can convince them to do so. If they won't there's a chance I won't watch either game at SC.

They'll play the bears. They've got all the direct tv packages. I'll probably watch the bears at my traditional sports bar, then head down to the column. hope to see you all there.