PDA

View Full Version : For those that got tickets;

hawkjt
10-19-2005, 04:24 PM
you are the fans that the rest of us will depend on for making Soxpark as loud and inhospitable as possible for this weekends games. The high percentage of MLB fatcats and ''event'' fans that will be in the park will reduce the number of leather lung hardcores that made it so wild for the ALDS and ALCS. We need ya, the sox need ya, the city needs ya. Go Crazy , you lucky dogs.

boiler up
10-20-2005, 10:07 AM
so true

be loud guys

bayzbol44
10-20-2005, 10:21 AM
Also, for the people going to game 1, if you get a coupon for an XM radio and you do not plan on buying one, please forward them to me. :-)

BeviBall!
10-20-2005, 10:44 AM
I will do my best from 153.

soxfanreggie
10-20-2005, 11:09 AM
You all have the opportunity of a lifetime...enjoy it, you're Sox fans and darn it, you deserve it!

Law11
10-20-2005, 11:26 AM
If anyone tells you to sit down you know what to tell them....
Represent us well!

PatK
10-20-2005, 11:31 AM
If any of you see Jurko (of Mac, Jurko, and Harry), kick him in his Cubbie-lovin' nuts.

10-20-2005, 02:11 PM
If anyone tells you to sit down you know what to tell them....
Represent us well!

God I hate that....Sit Down.....NO STAND UP!!!!!!

Theanticub
10-20-2005, 02:25 PM
God I hate that....Sit Down.....NO STAND UP!!!!!!

God I had this happen to me during the Bears vs. Lions game this year.....My response was this, "I have never seen a bears victory like this, you want me to sit, pay for my ticket."

I'm going to have the same attitude this saturday. No one in their right mind will tell me to sit down.

GoGoSoxReborn
10-20-2005, 02:30 PM
I agree to a certain extent. However, it does get annoying if someone is standing for the entire game. I think it is important to stand up and cheer as loud as possible during important parts of the game, or when the Sox do something good. But I cannot condone someone standing up while Jose is pitching and the count is 0-1 with no one out and no one on base in the top of the third.

You gotta pick your spots.

PennStater98r
10-20-2005, 02:36 PM
The standing thing for the whole game is ridiculous, and those of you that do it are selfish - in that you're blocking the view for multiple people.

Now, that said, get off your butts when there's an important count/at bat/situation going on in the game, but if it's between innings or something not significant - you need to sit down.

If you think differently, I hope a 7'2" and 450 lbs guy gets up in front of you and stands for the whole game. In addtion, I hope he puts his hands up and claps and adjusts his cap or uses thunder sticks RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU for the whole game.

:bandance:

Theanticub
10-20-2005, 02:36 PM
I agree to a certain extent. However, it does get annoying if someone is standing for the entire game. I think it is important to stand up and cheer as loud as possible during important parts of the game, or when the Sox do something good. But I cannot condone someone standing up while Jose is pitching and the count is 0-1 with no one out and no one on base in the top of the third.

You gotta pick your spots.
It's the world series, Ill sit down between innings, and when our sox are not up. If we take a huge dive lead wise, I may sit down also.

soxgirl617
10-20-2005, 03:30 PM
It's the world series, Ill sit down between innings, and when our sox are not up. If we take a huge dive lead wise, I may sit down also.

That's when you particularly need to stand up!

I agree with the main point---BE LOUD! I'll be there Games 2 and 7, and you can be sure I will heard!

wxkid23
10-20-2005, 04:15 PM
AND for the Sox fans headed to the Houston games... let's be heard in MM Park!!

PicktoCLick72
10-20-2005, 05:29 PM
I'm making sure my voice is ready for some screaming.

FoulTerritory
10-20-2005, 05:50 PM
God I had this happen to me during the Bears vs. Lions game this year.....My response was this, "I have never seen a bears victory like this, you want me to sit, pay for my ticket."

I'm going to have the same attitude this saturday. No one in their right mind will tell me to sit down.

Same thing happened to me at the Bears game this past Sunday. And at a U2 concert last spring, I actually had a chick so furious that I was standing and singing (at a concert, go figure), she called me a tool and threatened to kick me in the balls.

What is the world coming too.

BeviBall!
10-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Put me in the "you have to pick your spots" camp. The game is 4 hours long, I'll be damned if I'm going to have to stand for all of it. It's bad enough moving and straining to look around the dopes that use the bathroom during stressful moments of the game.

FoulTerritory
10-20-2005, 05:53 PM
And yes, I will have Section 507 rocking for game #1. Rocking I tell you.

BRDSR
10-20-2005, 08:27 PM
You all need to attend a Big 10 Football game and hang out in the student section. 3 hours of standing, with a 20 minute break at the halfway point.

But I don't think standing for an entire baseball game is even fun. it's a much slower paced game. But I'll be at Game 2, and won't hesitate to stand at many appropriate intervals.

BNLSox
10-20-2005, 08:39 PM
During the LCS I wanted to stand the whole time, but I was an away fan in Anaheim and this resulted in many items being thrown at me.

Anyway, I probably wont get the opportunity to be at the series which is okay because my voice hasn't recovered from the LCS... SO SCREAM FOR ME!

Realist
10-20-2005, 08:40 PM
I'm making sure my voice is ready for some screaming.

My voice is still a little shot from Sunday nite, but I hope to get it back to form by Game 1. If I do, I'll make sure to try and make as much noise as 6000 WSI members.