my5thbench
10-19-2005, 02:13 PM
The Sox say they are trying to bring in Louie Aparicio to throw out

the 1st pitch for game one & Pudge Fisk for game two, this according

to the Score.....I'm hearing some bad things about the weather also,

so be ready to bundle up

Baby Fisk
10-19-2005, 02:16 PM
Aparicio and a member of the Fox family would be perfect for Game One. Fisk for Game Two would be of equal perfection.

Nellie_Fox
10-19-2005, 02:18 PM
As a small atonement for 1959, they should let Billy Pierce throw out a pitch.

Ol' No. 2
10-19-2005, 02:39 PM
As a small atonement for 1959, they should let Billy Pierce throw out a pitch.They should just get as many guys from that team as they can round up and let them ALL throw.

scottjanssens
10-19-2005, 02:49 PM
As a small atonement for 1959, they should let Billy Pierce throw out a pitch.

He threw out the first pitch of the ALCS. Got a nice ovation.

eriqjaffe
10-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Does Shoeless Joe Jackson or Buck Weaver have any living relatives that the Sox could bring in?

credefan24
10-19-2005, 03:10 PM
From what I can recal, Weaver has relatives in the area, Jackson's family lives, or lived in South Carolina.

I hear the weather is bad for the weekend. I'd sit through thunderstorms in a metal coat to see the White Sox in the World Series. Weather, shmether!! Bring it on!!

HITMEN OF 77
10-19-2005, 03:10 PM
They should just get as many guys from that team as they can round up and let them ALL throw.

I'll second that.

daveeym
10-19-2005, 03:16 PM
I thought we were going to be talking about the club song "French Kiss" - by Lil' Louis, also a Chicago native.

Nellie_Fox
10-19-2005, 03:18 PM
I thought we were going to be talking about the club song "French Kiss" - by Lil' Louis, also a Chicago native.Never heard of him.

Baby Fisk
10-19-2005, 03:19 PM
I thought we were going to be talking about the club song "French Kiss" - by Lil' Louis, also a Chicago native.
You talking about the one from the late 80s? :o:

TheOldRoman
10-19-2005, 03:42 PM
They should just get as many guys from that team as they can round up and let them ALL throw.
I think they should bring back all the living Sox greats, get them all uniforms, and put them all on the bench. I believe the Red Sox did this last year. This World Championship (if we do win it) will be not only for these 25 men, the city and the fans.
It will also for anyone who ever wore a White Sox uniform; the great players who gave their all for this city and came up short. I think it would be surreal to look into the dugout and see Aparicio, Pierce, Rivera, Melton, Allen, Fisk, Ventura, Minoso, Wood, and others in the dugout together.

Ol' No. 2
10-19-2005, 03:45 PM
I think they should bring back all the living Sox greats, get them all uniforms, and put them all on the bench. I believe the Red Sox did this last year. This World Championship (if we do win it) will be not only for these 25 men, the city and the fans.
It will also for anyone who ever wore a White Sox uniform; the great players who gave their all for this city and came up short. I think it would be surreal to look into the dugout and see Aparicio, Pierce, Rivera, Melton, Allen, Fisk, Ventura, Minoso, Wood, and others in the dugout together.If you did that there wouldn't be any room left on the chick-scoping bench for the players.:redneck

Hitmen77
10-19-2005, 04:10 PM

I thought I heard on Fox during the pennant clincher that Al Lopez is still alive and is 97 years old. I wonder if he's in good enough health to make it back to Chicago (though, i suppose at that age i doubt it).

Baby Fisk
10-19-2005, 04:14 PM
I thought I heard on Fox during the pennant clincher that Al Lopez is still alive and is 97 years old. I wonder if he's in good enough health to make it back to Chicago (though, i suppose at that age i doubt it).
He was there in California. Lou Piniella pointed him out.

Hitmen77
10-19-2005, 04:26 PM

Really. Was this at the end of the game? Wow, I'll have to check it out on my tape (of course, I taped the game for posterity:cool: )

ChiSox14305635
10-19-2005, 04:33 PM
The Score has confirmed that Aparicio will throw out the 1st pitch on Saturday.

dickallen15
10-19-2005, 04:39 PM

That was when they were showing video of the clinching of the AL in 1959. Lopez lives in Tampa, I really doubt he would be able to make it.

Baby Fisk
10-19-2005, 04:47 PM
That was when they were showing video of the clinching of the AL in 1959. Lopez lives in Tampa, I really doubt he would be able to make it.
They showed a man with white hair wearing a Sox hat sitting in the stands of Angel Stadium. Piniella said it was Lopez, but he looked a lot younger than 97.

Dick Allen
10-19-2005, 05:08 PM
They showed a man with white hair wearing a Sox hat sitting in the stands of Angel Stadium. Piniella said it was Lopez, but he looked a lot younger than 97.It looked like Roland Hemond but I'm not sure if it was him.

TommyJohn
10-19-2005, 05:50 PM
It looked like Roland Hemond but I'm not sure if it was him.

It was Roland Hemond.

MikeW
10-19-2005, 08:05 PM
According to the New York Times, Al Lopez was not at the game. He told them he is barely able to walk much less be at the game. Of course he said he would have loved to have been there.

mike squires
10-19-2005, 10:12 PM
This was a mistake. Unless I overlooked something. THey zoomed in on a man that Pinella said was Lopez, but in fact that was Roland Hemond in a wet pacnho and SOx hat.