PDA

View Full Version : Intriguing Possibility....

MaggPipes
12-12-2001, 06:11 PM
Maybe the reason KW and the Sox have yet to announce it is becuase they are signing Erstad to a long term deal as we speak...that way it looks better to us the fan....that they have him inked up......Peter though said Erstad likes the mid-west...

also here is your 2001 line-up as stands...

CF Erstad
2b Durham
DH Thomas
RF Magglio
1b Konerko
SS Valentin
LF Rowand:Lee will be gone in the next fewdays IMO...
3b Crede
C Alomar

NOT BAD.....

Jerry_Manuel
12-12-2001, 06:13 PM
No Royce will be at SS with Jose at 3rd.
Their not talking to him now, but I think they will sign him before opening day.

Flame away.

Pete Ward
12-12-2001, 06:14 PM
OR.....It could have been....

Durham 2b
Valentin SS
Maggs RF
Frank DH
Giles LF
Konerco 1b
Rowand CF
Crede 3b
Alomar C

MaggPipes
12-12-2001, 06:17 PM
by "there" of course you mean "their"

Right....

Now all that are mad we have another MVP canidate....that has solved our lead off problem...and puts Jose in a position to drive in more runs......give KW a break....lets see if this works out....also see what we get for C Lee.....I am out for now....see yah...ALSO ERSTAD IS 26 a lot better than Giles' 30......

~Out

Jerry_Manuel
12-12-2001, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Pete Ward
OR.....It could have been....

Durham 2b
Valentin SS
Maggs RF
Frank DH
Giles LF
Konerco 1b
Rowand CF
Crede 3b
Alomar C

No it still would be Royce at SS and Jose at 3rd.

Pete Ward
12-12-2001, 06:55 PM
OK Ok Put Royce at SS and Valentin at 3B, I can live with it.

Erstad may be 26 but he's only signed for 1 year. :angry:

At which point did KW and the SOX decide that we need to shake up the whole team? All I have heard is that we need a verteran in the rotation. Out of the blue we need a CF in his option year. Do you think KW was trying to trick the other GM's by laying low? That Fox ;)

Check out Erstad's stats the last 3 years. In 2 of the years he's a .260 hitter. I guess every other year he hits, so 2002 will be his year.