PDA

View Full Version : No Changes to Playoff Roster

knocko94
10-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Just heard on ESPN 1000, Bruce Levine reports playoff roster for World Series will be exactly the same as before.

We all know Levine isn't exactly batting 1.000, but this doesn't really surprise me.

Personally I would have liked another bat (Gload), but there may be late changes before the series starts.

kevingrt
10-19-2005, 12:16 PM
Just heard on ESPN 1000, Bruce Levine reports playoff roster for World Series will be exactly the same as before.

We all know Levine isn't exactly batting 1.000, but this doesn't really surprise me.

Personally I would have liked another bat (Gload), but there may be late changes before the series starts.

Well if PK's wife is pregnant and he might miss a game, I would much rather see Gload at 1B then Timo or Widger.

antitwins13
10-19-2005, 12:22 PM

If it ain't broke don't fix it right?

rmusacch
10-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Well if PK's wife is pregnant and he might miss a game, I would much rather see Gload at 1B then Timo or Widger.

Man I hope that he doesn't have to miss a game for the birth of his first child. Couldn't these guys have scheduled it better? Freddy missed Game 2 of the ALCS for the birth of his kid and now this. :)

rmusacch
10-19-2005, 12:25 PM

Gload is not a good bat. I would rather have Anderson on the roster than him even though he is not that great either YET!

asindc
10-19-2005, 12:28 PM
Fine by me. Dance wit who brung ya.

downstairs
10-19-2005, 12:39 PM
That's fine with me.

It would have been foolish to think that our starting pitching will do as well as its done (which is basically absolutely perfect).

We're going to come down to reality a bit and I am sure there will be a game or two where we have a starter gone by the 5th. Which is perfectly normal....

Wordwoman
10-19-2005, 12:41 PM
Paulie miss a game? No way, Jose. They'll induce his wife today or tomorrow so she can even make some of the games.

anewman35
10-19-2005, 12:42 PM
Paulie miss a game? No way, Jose. They'll induce his wife today or tomorrow so she can even make some of the games.

According the papers the other day, there were no plans to do this (although I agree that it would be a good thing).

Rocky Soprano
10-19-2005, 12:43 PM

Yeah I am sure that EVERYONE agrees that a baseball game is SO much important than the birth of a child.

FJA
10-19-2005, 12:44 PM
Man I hope that he doesn't have to miss a game for the birth of his first child. Couldn't these guys have scheduled it better? Freddy missed Game 2 of the ALCS for the birth of his kid and now this. :)

Don't forget Crede right before the division clincher.

Hopefully these guys can throw nice birthday parties at a packed Sox Park every year. :D:

Chicken Dinner
10-19-2005, 01:00 PM
Yeah I am sure that EVERYONE agrees that a baseball game is SO much important than the birth of a child.

Set up a birthing room by the clubhouse and PK DH's for a day. I'm sure he could come out and swing the bat between contractions.

Rocky Soprano
10-19-2005, 01:02 PM
Set up a birthing room by the clubhouse and PK DH's for a day. I'm sure he could come out and swing the bat between contractions.

:D:

I for one would totally understand if PK is missing for a game to be with his wife.

Let's hope the baby comes REAL soon or decides to wait till after the WS.

sox1970
10-19-2005, 01:06 PM
:D:

I for one would totally understand if PK is missing for a game to be with his wife.

Let's hope the baby comes REAL soon or decides to wait till after the WS.

They just said on the Score, that Paulie is not with the team today and they are expecting the birth before Saturday. Good news for all parties.

The Wall
10-19-2005, 01:10 PM
The birth of a baby has actually been good news for the Sox in more than one way this season.

Crede became a dad - Sox clinched division and home field.
Freddie became a dad - Sox won ALCS 3 days later.
Paulie becomes a dad - Sox are entering their first WS in 46 seasons to win it all

The Dude
10-19-2005, 02:29 PM
They just said on the Score, that Paulie is not with the team today and they are expecting the birth before Saturday. Good news for all parties.

I sure as hell hope so!
Not to be selfish, but our lineup without PK, especially in the NL parks, obviously isnt as dangerous and we'd be placing :o:Blum:o: in his place.
Come on Paulie, get that baby out!!!

SoxFan64
10-19-2005, 04:55 PM

Where's the teal police???

Deuce
10-19-2005, 04:59 PM
The birth of a baby has actually been good news for the Sox in more than one way this season.

Crede became a dad - Sox clinched division and home field.
Freddie became a dad - Sox won ALCS 3 days later.
Paulie becomes a dad - Sox are entering their first WS in 46 seasons to win it all

Blum has triplets and he gets traded from the worst playoff team in baseball to the WS contender.

Chips
10-19-2005, 10:40 PM
Gload is not a good bat. I would rather have Anderson on the roster than him even though he is not that great either YET!

I would rather have Joe Borchard.

Brewski
10-20-2005, 12:34 AM
Blum's value as a switch hitting bat is lessened by CC riding the bench for the away games. Either he or Willie should go to make room for another bat.