PDA

View Full Version : Why does every one hate us?

ChiFabulous1
10-19-2005, 11:52 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5004180
If you look up white sox on google news all you find is articles like this. :angry:

fquaye149
10-19-2005, 11:54 AM
jealousy

spiffie
10-19-2005, 11:55 AM
I pondered a long response pointing out the inaccuracies and foolish stereotypes and all that. Instead I settled on a more direct response:

**** 'em all. Every last one of them. This is for us. Not them.

John Barrett
10-19-2005, 11:58 AM
:whocares

ChiFabulous1
10-19-2005, 12:02 PM
I think it has something to do with the broom that went sweeping across Boston.

LongLiveFisk
10-19-2005, 12:07 PM
That's why I stopped reading all that crap. I made the huge mistake of going to the Red Sox mlb.com forum and seeing all these Red Sox fans say they were no longer going to root for us because of all the "trolls". Come on, how old are you?? If you are too stupid to realize that the troublemakers and big-mouths will come out in full force and that you can't generalize that behavior to a whole fan base, then maybe you need to go back to school.

soxfan26
10-19-2005, 12:11 PM
"Leave it to a Cubs fan to really not care that the Sox have a chance to win it before they do," he says. "That's what irritates Sox fans about Cubs fans ... For the most part, Cubs fans care more about the show, the atmosphere, than the results. If that wasn't the case, they wouldn't keep packing Wrigley when ownership fails to commit to winning."
Ah, the bitterness...

:rolleyes:

:puking:

SOXPHILE
10-19-2005, 12:15 PM
Uhhhh...Randy Hill ? Who's he ? Anyway, the article wouldn't be as bad if he got a few of his facts straight. He says that Bill Veeck sent a midget to bat in a White Sox uniform. Well, Randy, no. He was actually wearing a St. Louis Browns uniform. Veeck owned them one time too. Did you know that ? He also says that unlike Wrigley, fans at the Cell have recently jumped over the walls to beat up first base coaches. Randy, need we remind you of the year 2000 Dodger bullpen vs. drunk frat boy (and Tribune employee) incident ? How about the Randy Myers vs. drunk stock broker match in 1997 ? But hey, dont' let "facts" get in the way of a good story.

Unregistered
10-19-2005, 12:18 PM
Long story short: So essentially all the angry, bitter Sox fans would actually rather see the Cubs lose than the Sox win - while all the lovable Cubs fans want the Sox to win 'cause it'll be good for the City. They just want what's best for Chicago. :rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Please. Look on ANY message board or go to any bar on the North Side and it's filled with Cubs fans rooting for the Sox to lose. This guy's writing proves he knows nothing about Chicago or its sports teams. As for as his "buddy" is concerned, I'm guessing he doesn't actually exist.

credefan24
10-19-2005, 12:30 PM
Who the [bleep] is Randy [bleeping] Hill? F this two bit reporter. :angry:

Why does every stinkin' article about our AL CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX have to include a tidbit about the Triple A team 8 miles north?
The entire spotlight belongs on the Sox; the tough pitching, fantastic defense, clutch hitting, and most of all, most importantly, and what is missing in baseball today, A SENSE OF UNITY AMONG THE TEAM. Where is that mentioned in "Randy's" article? This stuff gets me so angry until I remember that:

THE CHICAGO WHITE SOX ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!
:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :)

jdm2662
10-19-2005, 12:34 PM
I came to the conclusion earlier in the year, anyone that whines about the Sox success or make lame excuses are just jealous. Therefore, I just laugh at them. It's wonderful feeling that my team is in the World Series and their team is not. I've enjoyed the Sox run all year long by ignoring apologists, excuse makers, whinning jealous fans of other teams. The White Sox are my team and they are in the World Series. You whine about it, you are jealous. If you aren't a fan, oh well. It's your loss.

itsnotrequired
10-19-2005, 12:41 PM
jealousy

Is that really it though? I don't seem to remember reading articles like this about the Mets back in 2000. Is it the whole Black Sox issue? Is it the fact that the Sox made it and the Cubs didn't? I am baffled that this team could be hated so much by so many people.

MarySwiss
10-19-2005, 12:56 PM
Everyone doesn't hate us. "Nobodies" hate us. :cool:

Uncle_Patrick
10-19-2005, 01:10 PM
In my lifetime of being a White Sox fan, this what I've discovered is the ugly truth why people hate us:

1. Most people are stupid.
2. Most people think of the Cubs when they think of Chicago baseball, and since the Cubs are loveable, they assume that the Sox must not be. Again, though, that might be because they are stupid.
3. Many people assume that since we aren't popular, we should be unpopular, i.e., they can't like us unless everyone likes us. Again, stupidity.
4. Unfortunately, some Sox fans are uber-sensitive, and take to emailing every sports journalist who says or writes something not favorable to the White Sox. These mediots then paint every White Sox fan as angry and bitter.
5. People hate being wrong, and most people predicted the Sox to be in 4th place this year.
6. The media's desire to compare everything the White Sox do to the Cubs (while not comparing everything the Cubs do to the White Sox) mixed with fanatical Cubs Haters who claim to be White Sox fans while they actually just obsess over all things Cubs makes a ugly combo. The media's constant comparisons of the Sox to the Cubs fuels the obsession of these Cubs Haters who then, in turn, want to take every opportunity to rip on the Cubs despite the fact that the White Sox are in the World Series. This just adds to the perception that all Sox fans are bitter, feel inferior, and can't enjoy anything.
7. 1919 Black Sox. Baseball fans won't forget about the one team that threw the World Series, despite the fact that they only thing the current White Sox have in common with that team is a name. Many people feel that any franchise that has thrown the World Series deserves no happiness.
8. William Ligue. Unfortunately, while people seem to have forgetten about fans starting a brawl with a bullpen catcher over on the Northside, or fans who've thrown cell phones and batteries at players, or any other stupid thing fans have done over the years, the image of William Ligue and his idiot spawn attacking a coach on the field has remained burned in the brain of many baseball fans. There is, also, the ugly lie that many White Sox fans actually approved of this act. I actually was on another baseball board during the ALDS (I think it might have been a Red Sox board, but I can't remember now) that was talking about the White Sox and one poster actually claimed that the posters on WSI actually thought that what Ligue did was cool and funny.

Hokiesox
10-19-2005, 01:13 PM
"Other debits include the Black Sox scandal and broadcaster Hawk Harrelson, whose bid to remain the world's top homer was overpowered a couple of years ago by the now-former Iraq minister of information."

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

fquaye149
10-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Is that really it though? I don't seem to remember reading articles like this about the Mets back in 2000. Is it the whole Black Sox issue? Is it the fact that the Sox made it and the Cubs didn't? I am baffled that this team could be hated so much by so many people.

It's not 100% jealousy of us. It's mostly jealousy by the Tribune Corp of teams like Atlanta who have a 100% market share. The Yankees don't OWN a newspaper, therefore you didn't read this stuff about the Mets.

Articles like this, jampacked with libel, are carbon copies of the libel in full force in any given Tribune article. The national media takes its cues from the green-eyed monster of the cubune.

:knue:
"If we could only run those @#$%@^'s out of town...."

DaleJRFan
10-19-2005, 01:39 PM
It comes down to one simple decision:

Truth or some Douchebag's opinion. Its that simple.

Read the links to the other stories in the margin. Sox Win Pennant. Sox are Powerful Team. Sox best in AL, etc, etc, etc......

This guy is a douchebag.

TommyJohn
10-19-2005, 02:01 PM
That's why I stopped reading all that crap. I made the huge mistake of going to the Red Sox mlb.com forum and seeing all these Red Sox fans say they were no longer going to root for us because of all the "trolls". Come on, how old are you?? If you are too stupid to realize that the troublemakers and big-mouths will come out in full force and that you can't generalize that behavior to a whole fan base, then maybe you need to go back to school.

I'm registered on redsoxnation.net and I made the mistake of going on there
to see the Red Sox fan perspective. Well! After the Game 2 "AJ K" game,
they were all acting like the White Sox literally got away with murder, that
they and the umpires were conspiring against the Angels, and comparing it
to the Black Sox Scandal. It was all so ludicrous. The worst was a poster
named jenny (henceforth to be known as jenny the blockhead.) jenny the
blockhead cried about how the Sox' run was "tainted" and if the Red Sox
won a game like that last year it would've "diminished" it for her. I let it
rip on that board, then came here and threw another hissy fit, but only
because I knew several posters would come on and eviscerate jenny the
blockhead and her blockheaded logic, as she well deserves.

I would read stuff like this and get worked up but I won't now. It does
upset me that people continue to propagate lies and myths about the
team and fans, but what can you do? Here's what we can do: Shrug
your shoulders and say "I'm sorry that you don't like the White Sox
and their fans. I'm sorry that your small-minded jealousy leads you to
keep repeating half-assed lies and myths about them. But they are
the American League Champions and are in the World Series and all
the hate, all the lies, all the myths, all of the "Gee look what a clever
writer I am!" yambering by people like you couldn't do anything to stop it."
Nuff said.

Baby Fisk
10-19-2005, 03:57 PM
I pondered a long response pointing out the inaccuracies and foolish stereotypes and all that. Instead I settled on a more direct response:

**** 'em all. Every last one of them. This is for us. Not them.
Exactly. I don't give a **** about anyone's opinion but my own. I want the Sox to win. You want the Sox to win. We all want the Sox to win. For the next week, who the **** cares what fans of other teams think? At this point, after 88 years for the team and X years for each of us personally, THIS IS ABOUT US!

WHITE SOX! WHITE SOX! GO GO WHITE SOX!

ADDENDUM: How freakin timely is this? I just got an e-mail from a co-worker, who asks:

So did the White Sox make it into the World Series by a bad call, or what?

:rolleyes: I. Don't. ****ing. Care.

credefan24
10-19-2005, 05:21 PM
Exactly. I don't give a **** about anyone's opinion but my own. I want the Sox to win. You want the Sox to win. We all want the Sox to win. For the next week, who the **** cares what fans of other teams think? At this point, after 88 years for the team and X years for each of us personally, THIS IS ABOUT US!

WHITE SOX! WHITE SOX! GO GO WHITE SOX!

ADDENDUM: How freakin timely is this? I just got an e-mail from a co-worker, who asks:

:rolleyes: I. Don't. ****ing. Care.

RIGHT ON BABY FISK!! RIGHT ON!!!

Cuck the Fubs
10-19-2005, 05:26 PM
Hey guys n gals,

Ignore em' that's what I'm doing.......

As a matter of fact, I figure wearing my Sox gear out and about is enough to send my message.

Been doing it for 30 plus years......never been a better time than now to wear it loud and proud!!!

4 more wins and we are the Champions! Who cares what anyone else thinks?!?!?

LongLiveFisk
10-19-2005, 06:29 PM
As a matter of fact, I figure wearing my Sox gear out and about is enough to send my message.

Same here...and either way, you get a positive response. Sox fans love it, Cubs fans are speechless. :D:

Etownsox13
10-19-2005, 06:44 PM
Former owner Bill Veeck authorized several peculiar Sox moments, including sending a midget to home plate ... with a bat. Unfortunately, the midget was the only uniformed player that the opposition needed to pitch around.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Veck pulled that stunt with the Stl. Browns. This guy doesn't even know anything about baseball :angry:

MrRoboto83
10-19-2005, 08:07 PM
Hawk is a major reason people hate us across the country, he gets under peoples skin. Non Sox fans hate Hawk.

jhill36
10-19-2005, 08:57 PM
The only good line in the whole thing when he said the White Sox boast an even stronger rotation than Hugh Hefner.

Hah!

GO SOX!

jhill36
10-19-2005, 08:59 PM
Hawk is a major reason people hate us across the country, he gets under peoples skin. Non Sox fans hate Hawk.

Why is that? And what did this guy mean when he called Hawk a "homer"?

chisoxfanatic
10-19-2005, 09:19 PM

Hawk commits the gravest of sins by actually catering to the viewers he broadcasts for!

MrRoboto83
10-19-2005, 09:38 PM

Hawk's home run calls, "He Gone", all the Hawkisms drive opposing teams fans crazy, they hate it, cause Hawk is 100% for the Sox and he shows it.

ChiSoxGirl
10-20-2005, 11:40 AM
So this is an e-mail I got this morning from one of my best friends. I don't know... I just don't remember being this mean to Cub fans in 2003. Yes, I was thrilled with the outcome, but I can't remember being this blatant about it.... Why do people hate us??? :(:

To: The Chicago White Sox Fans....
Though it is true that we are happy for the city of Chicago, and for your baseball team, and we may even be rooting for your team deep-deep down in this post season race simply as Chicago natives and baseball fans, there are some words of encouragement for the "White Sox Nation" that the city of Chicago would like you to abide while partaking in the 2005 World Series.

1. While celebrating, please elude from making obscene gestures towards television cameras and news anchors covering the events at your local bar - they are just doing their jobs and may not even like your team.

2. Although it may be tempting to pre-game with a bottle of Jack while tailgating and slamming beers as chasers with your 14 year old son while comparing mullets, tattoos, and gold teeth - we ask that you do not attempt to run out on to the field at U.S. Cellular to show your gratitude for the team by waiving the keys to your "White Sox" R.V. and attempting to beat up umpires. All violators will be prosecuted.

3. As much as you may like cars and televisions, please do not celebrate in the events by tipping or illuminating any neighborhood vehicles while running around celebrating with your discounted water-logged New Orleans special 42" flat screen plasma that you just looted from a local store. Again, all violators will be prosecuted.

4. If you have not always been rooting for the deprived South Siders, please do not start now. Purchasing White Sox memorabilia to join this 2005 bandwagon will only flood the checkout isles at your local Wal-Mart and create headache and tax breaks at the overflow of "black van" discount specials.

5. Please remember to be courteous to others. There is no reason to chant "1908" to any individual who might be wearing RED, WHITE, and BLUE our Nations colors, and coincidently the colors of your fellow North Siders.

6. Your local convenient stores will not be giving a "White Sox Discount" on the following items: Lucky Strike and Kool Cigarettes, Old English 800 Malt Liquor, Miller Lite 16oz cans, High Life bottles, and economy size lighters. Please purchase accordingly.

7. Now that you have finally located U.S. Cellular filed, formally known as the New Comiskey Park, which all the while was right across 35th street from the original stadium, please do not rush the gates. Tickets will still have to be purchased in advance and will not be priced at the usual $15 premium your grandfather told you stories of.

8. Remember not every rebuttal to a question or comment can be "yeah, but we're in the World Series" and you do not formally say good-by by chanting "Na na na na - na na na na - hey hey hey - goodbye!"

Thank you and good luck in the World Series.
Sincerely,
The Chicago Cubs Fans

Baby Fisk
10-20-2005, 11:43 AM
So this is an e-mail I got this morning from one of my best friends. I don't know... I just don't remember being this mean to Cub fans in 2003. Yes, I was thrilled with the outcome, but I can't remember being this blatant about it.... Why do people hate us??? :(:

JEALOUSY! :cool:

credefan24
10-20-2005, 12:05 PM
I have a good response to that email:

2005 Stats

Chicago White Sox- 99-63 and AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Chicago Cubs- (don't really know their recored)- Finished tied for 4th.

END.
OF.
DEBATE.

Uncle_Patrick
10-20-2005, 12:14 PM
I have a good response to that email:

2005 Stats

Chicago White Sox- 99-63 and AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

Chicago Cubs- (don't really know their recored)- Finished tied for 4th.

END.
OF.
DEBATE.

Unfortunately, its clear that Cubs fans care more about Sox fans than actual baseball. I'd say that 90% of the negative comments coming from Cubs fans about the current playoff situation are regarding White Sox fans.

credefan24
10-20-2005, 12:18 PM
Very true :(

Nobody accused them of having brains.

jdm2662
10-20-2005, 12:20 PM
Wow Jen, you know WAY too many jealous Cub fans. Of course, Des Plaines is probably full of them. Too bad I don't know them. That would be even more to laugh at. Laughing at jealous Cub fans makes this run even more sweeter, but I never say anything until they do... Let them whine. Just say World Series, and laugh some more. It's a wonderful feeling.

TommyJohn
10-20-2005, 12:33 PM

I've written about this until I'm blue in the face, but I must again. I am sick and tired of hearing about Ligue and Dybas. Dybas was a Cub fan for one.
For another, it's as if the incidents of fan misbehavior at Wrigley Field never
happened, such as Randy Myers decking a fan and the Dodgers bullpen getting into it with fans and causing a national embarrassment. Yet these
are forgotten. When was the last time anyone in the media (not mentioning any windsock in particular) mentioned them? Yet we see **** about Ligue even as the team prepares to play in the World Series. And speaking of all those warm, civilized, professional Cub fans, is Steve Bartman now allowed
to show his face at Wrigley Field? Maybe the next time he goes he won't be showered with abuse, epithets and garbage? Maybe security won't have
to get him away from there because they feared for his safety? Maybe
300 lb. gorillas won't try to attack him as security is leading him out? Maybe
his family won't have to endure death threats and abuse from all those
lovable, civilized Cub fans? Maybe? Maybe not.

Of course, there are also several incidents of idiots trashing the field with
garbage. If those had happened at USCF, I suppose the mother****er who
wrote the e-mail would be advising Sox fans not to do that, either. Oh, but
they happened at Wrigley which to say they never happened at all.

I suppose he or she also didn't read the Sun-Times article that shows that
the class of fans who follow the Sox and Cubs are pretty much split down
the middle in terms of "white" or "blue" collar. The old saw about Sox fans
being mostly blue collar is an old stereotype that is no longer true. But hey,
nothing like holding on to the past for comfort, right? Several stereotypes
about blacks and whites are not true, but people hold on to them anyway.
What good is a superiority complex if there is no one around to look down
upon?

I was happy that the Cubs lost in 2003, and people like the idiot who wrote
that are the reason.

I am even happier that the White Sox are in the 2005 World Series, but our
battle against the slimebags and windsocks of Chicago and elsewhere for
respect, for us and for our favorite team, will always be a losing one.

TommyJohn
10-20-2005, 12:34 PM
Unfortunately, its clear that Cubs fans care more about Sox fans than actual baseball. I'd say that 90% of the negative comments coming from Cubs fans about the current playoff situation are regarding White Sox fans.

That's true, now that you mention it. The team is in the World Series, so
there is nothing left to do but attack the fan base.

signal00
10-21-2005, 10:24 AM
Yesterday, on morning radio in Miami, they recapped Houston's win and announced Sox vs. Astros. They DJ replied "boring." :angry:
Boring is the Yankees year after year. Boring is the Marlins and D-backs buying a title within the first decade of existence.
Sox & Stro's will be one for the ages for true baseball fans! :D:

SoxEd
10-21-2005, 09:12 PM
Why does the media hate the White Sox and their fans?

I don't live in the USA, but I reckon that the following may have something to do with it:

Sox fans won't 'roll over' for the lazy media talk about 'Curses'. E.g.

Editor (to Reporter): "Gee, what angle can we schill on this team - they haven't won in 88 years, right? They must be cursed - you go out and get some tame fans to blub about the curse, that'll fill column inches/airtime"

Reporter (to Sox fans): "How do you feel about the prospect of the Sox finally erasing the 'Curse of Shoeless Joe'?"

Sox fans: "What 'Curse'? Don't make me laugh - there's no such thing you idiot - we just haven't played well enough to win it all for 88 years - I hope we do now. Bye."

Editor (to Reporter, back at his office): What do you call that? How can we market a team whose fanbase has an attitude like that? Ah, the hell with 'em, let's run a piece about how they ain't as nice as those Lovable Losers 8 miles North of them, and how they don't deserve to win bcause their team threw the Series in 1919..."

(Bandwagon) 'Fans' of other teams don't like being made to look like gullible schmucks for believing in curses, but do like to believe that the Sox are cursed because of 1919 and somehow don't deserve to ever win again.

Just a guess.

SOXSINCE'70
10-21-2005, 10:20 PM
Forget them all.Hey,deal with us,bee-yotches.:angry: :angry:
The White Sox may actually participate in a few of these
contests,baseball gods willing (if there are baseball gods).
PS- read in the CUB-UNE that "Soxfest 2006" is sold out.
Maybe the tide is turning a bit.At least I can hope.

SOXSINCE'70
10-21-2005, 10:26 PM
Yesterday, on morning radio in Miami, they recapped Houston's win and announced Sox vs. Astros. They DJ replied "boring." :angry:
Boring is the Yankees year after year. Boring is the Marlins and D-backs buying a title within the first decade of existence.
Sox & Stro's will be one for the ages for true baseball fans! :D:
If you like pitching,this is the Series for you.
Contreras vs.Clemens in game 1,Pettitte vs. Buehrle in game 2,
Garland vs.Oswalt in game 3,Garcia vs.Brandon Backe in game 4.
Runs will be scarce.Time, to quote Hawk Harrelson, to
"sit back,relax and strap it down".:D: :D:
Maybe we'll see Ozzie and Garner wrestle before this is over.:D: :D: :D:

SOXSINCE'70
10-21-2005, 10:32 PM
That's true, now that you mention it. The team is in the World Series, so
there is nothing left to do but attack the fan base.

But they do it so well.:angry: :angry: :angry:

WinninUglee
10-21-2005, 10:57 PM
Their anger fills me with unending joy.

LongLiveFisk
10-21-2005, 10:59 PM
Their anger fills me with unending joy.

In a lot of ways, true. Winning creates enemies. When you suck no one cares about you. If memory serves, a whole lot of people seemed to hate the Bulls when they were winning too. Screw 'em.

SOXintheBURGH
10-21-2005, 11:19 PM
In a lot of ways, true. Winning creates enemies. When you suck no one cares about you. If memory serves, a whole lot of people seemed to hate the Bulls when they were winning too. Screw 'em.

The first day in my new school when I moved out of Chicago, a few months following the 6th title.

"You a Bulls fan?"

Me: "Hell yes."

"I hate the Bulls."

In Pittsburgh, no less. :kukoo:

likeawarlord
10-22-2005, 12:21 PM
Uhhhh...Randy Hill ? Who's he ? Anyway, the article wouldn't be as bad if he got a few of his facts straight. He says that Bill Veeck sent a midget to bat in a White Sox uniform. Well, Randy, no. He was actually wearing a St. Louis Browns uniform. Veeck owned them one time too. Did you know that ? He also says that unlike Wrigley, fans at the Cell have recently jumped over the walls to beat up first base coaches. Randy, need we remind you of the year 2000 Dodger bullpen vs. drunk frat boy (and Tribune employee) incident ? How about the Randy Myers vs. drunk stock broker match in 1997 ? But hey, dont' let "facts" get in the way of a good story.

jeeze, yeah. when i saw this i flipped out. theres no excuse for this sort of lazy reporting, but they do it all the time. look to last year, when the media constantly reported that the redsox had the second longest world series drought. unbelievable.

woodenleg
10-23-2005, 07:46 AM
I dunno, it wasn't bad.

I've seen much worse.

forrestg
10-23-2005, 06:02 PM
I was born in 48 so I was here in 59. Since I am a sox fan we deal with every complaint people have about the sox. A big deal is made up our uppper deck. I went to St louis for games twice and couldn't perceive what was happening in the game. My grandson says what is this big deal about Wrigley, he's 14 he said, it's dirty, the scoreboard is nothing it doesn't explode. THere is nothing to do around the stadium. Anyway whatever the sox do in way of marketing cable tv, announcers, promotions(disco demolition) selling off key players while still contending. We as chisox just endure because we are sox fans and if that means hating the cubs and rooting against them I will not feel bad. We're going to win this world series and all the columnists or other little stabs can and no longer should hurt us.

MarySwiss
10-23-2005, 06:24 PM
Last night at the bar during the game, some guy came up to our table, which was clearly identified as a White Sox table by the signs and the fact that EVERYBODY SITTING THERE WAS WEARING SOME KIND OF SOX GEAR, and asked if we were Sox fans. When we said we were, he said he was a diehard Cubs fan. I just smiled sweetly up at him and asked in an innocent tone, "How's your team doin'?"

He left. :cool:

gogochisox1917
10-23-2005, 07:12 PM
:puking: This is what I think of Randy Hill and all of the other haters:puking:

michned
10-23-2005, 07:23 PM
A big deal is made of our upper deck...

Yep, and that one always makes me laugh. Most of the parks built in the last 15 years have super-steep upper decks. I was at Petco Park last summer, same experience. I sat in the 21st row of the upper deck at Bank One Ballpark (now Chase Field) a couple months ago and it literally took me three innings for the vertigo to subside (and I has a roof over my head). But apparently, the Sox have a monopoly on steep upper decks.