PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck to the Chi Sox from Red Sox Nation

redsoxfaninct
10-18-2005, 11:27 PM
I'm a Boston fan but I hope the White Sox win it all this year. They're a great team who play the game the right way and I believe they will rip through either Houston or St. Louis in 5 games or less. If your anything like me, when it does happen for you, like it did for us last year, it will take you a couple of days to sink in. Enjoy it, and we will see you next year. Congratulations!

34 Inch Stick
10-19-2005, 09:50 AM
Thanks, but I don't think there is going to be any ripping through either of the NL representatives. Both the Astros and Cardinal starting rotations are better than what the Sox have seen throughout this postseason.

Uncle_Patrick
10-19-2005, 09:56 AM
I'm a Boston fan but I hope the White Sox win it all this year. They're a great team who play the game the right way and I believe they will rip through either Houston or St. Louis in 5 games or less. If your anything like me, when it does happen for you, like it did for us last year, it will take you a couple of days to sink in. Enjoy it, and we will see you next year. Congratulations!

Thanks and :welcome:

eriqjaffe
10-19-2005, 09:57 AM
Both the Astros and Cardinal starting rotations are better than what the Sox have seen throughout this postseason.But not necessarily better than what Boston and Anaheim saw.

mandmandm
10-19-2005, 10:02 AM
I am hoping to see a Clemens and Carpenter pitching in the 11th inning on Thursday night.

Bluegrass1SOXFAN
10-19-2005, 10:30 AM
I am definetely rooting for the Cardinals in game six, and honestly i don't care who wins game seven....as long as it takes as many pitchers as possible to get them a victory. Burn your pitching up Stros, and Birds. We'll be cheering for you all the way up to the 18th inning of game 7!!!

:bandance:
I think this layoff for the Sox is exactly what we needed for our starters (especially Contreras---17 1/3 inn., 2 games). Our hitters will be ready in game 1 this time! It's the World freakin' Series. There will NOT be an ALCS "hangover".

Thank you Red Sox Nation for your support...:pudge This one's for you Fisk! Yes, you finally have the correct hat on:D:

AZChiSoxFan
10-19-2005, 10:46 AM

Thanks for the good wishes and kind words.

34 Inch Stick
10-19-2005, 10:50 AM
But not necessarily better than what Boston and Anaheim saw.

Nope...and the Astros offense is not as good as either Boston's or Anaheim's. In addition Houston's bullpen cannot match what we saw from the Angels. That is why I would prefer to see the Astros.

elrod
10-19-2005, 10:52 AM
Thanks Red Sox fan. I get the impression that much of the Northeast is behind the White Sox, especially if it's the Cardinals we face. Those who still love Clemens and Pettitte may pull for the Astros, but the White Sox and their fans most resemble those of the Northeast - and in a good way: knowledgeable, passionate, loud, bitter and hungry. No contrived crap like in Houston (though they have some real fans too) and no "Midwestern polite" like in St. Louis. We have our differences with the national media that obsesses over the Red Sox-Yankee axis, but the South Side of Chicago, along with the rust belt cities like Cleveland, Detroit and Pittsburgh are the "real" cities with "real" fans like those in Philly, NY and Boston.