PDA

View Full Version : my first soxfest in 06 any words of wisdom

jerry myers
10-18-2005, 08:07 PM
im going for the first time in jan . anybody give me anything on what i need, or any inside info.

antitwins13
10-18-2005, 08:09 PM
yeah, show up about 2 hours early otherwise you'll get stuck in a line that will extend into that lil mall they have there and you won't be able to get in line for the good autographs and will have to settle for Vizcaino, Borchard, and Ozuna.

itsnotrequired
10-18-2005, 08:17 PM
Make sure you don't get a cup of water thrown in your face!:redneck

Theanticub
10-18-2005, 08:21 PM
Yeah, my suggestion to you is bring a bit of money.

I went bringing about $30 or so on me..., and It was almost like I was a kid in a candy store with all the sox memorbilia.

C-Dawg
10-18-2005, 08:34 PM
Yeah, my suggestion to you is bring a bit of money.

That would be my suggestion too. There is going to be a TON of World Series memorabilia available at this Soxfest! I can't wait!

bafiarocks03
10-18-2005, 08:41 PM
Get there early..Bring money..come if full sox gear..just cuz! And well for me..be ready to cry..Lol! I cannot freaking wait for soxfest! Omg!! I'm going straight for Willie Harris! Oh and hey--What's wrong with Pablo! I'd take his autograph in heartbeat..actually i dont' care about the autograph as much as I do actually meeting them! Oh yea ok off the subject..so yea

Palehose13
10-18-2005, 08:44 PM
Get there early..Bring money..come if full sox gear..just cuz! And well for me..be ready to cry..Lol! I cannot freaking wait for soxfest! Omg!! I'm going straight for Willie Harris! Oh and hey--What's wrong with Pablo! I'd take his autograph in heartbeat..actually i dont' care about the autograph as much as I do actually meeting them! Oh yea ok off the subject..so yea

And I would like to introduce you to bafiarocks...the bench player's groupie. :wink:

mike squires
10-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Ah, Soxfest threads...I love them. I've only been to two and here is what I can offer you.

Expect the unexpected. I ran into Minnie on a near empty second floor with Wilbur Wood just about to get on an elevator. I got the minnie auto and a picture. Another year I was coming down the escalator, looked over and saw Minnie going up.

Try and get a hold of the itenerary and map out what you want to do so you don't miss something you really want.

At least get a few of the seminars in. They are great. I find the ones with Hawk and Harold very entertaining. Kenny is great too. He's very honest when answering questions.

Bring the cards you want signed with you and buy some balls or bats you want signed.

HIt the garage sale early. I got a part of a seat back from Old Comiskey with the number on it for only 10 bucks. I thought it was a steal. I now have 16 or so of the 83 guys on it.

Spend some time at the bar one of the nights. Most of the eplayers hang around there with the rest of the fans and WSI's. I regret not doing this in the past. I've only heard stories.

Take the camera.

These are the basics and some might sound obvious, but I hope it helps.

Have fun. I think I'm gonna skip the fest and try to go to Spring Training.