PDA

View Full Version : World Series Uniforms

mattcoz
10-18-2005, 05:07 PM
Who else thinks they should recreate the 1917 World Series uniforms in the current style for atleast game 1?

Here's my take:

http://www.mattcoz.com/WhiteSoxWorldSeriesLogo.png

Palehose13
10-18-2005, 05:08 PM
Sorry, not with you. Keep the normal uniforms, wiht the WS patch. :D:

peeonwrigley
10-18-2005, 05:10 PM
Sorry, not with you. Keep the normal uniforms, wiht the WS patch. :D:

Yep - vests at home, grays on the road. Its a good look, best uniform in baseball, keep it for the biggest stage.

Chicken Dinner
10-18-2005, 05:13 PM
Stay with what got you there.

mweflen
10-18-2005, 05:14 PM
yep, gotta nix that idea. The Sox have a lousy history in altie unies.

DaleJRFan
10-18-2005, 05:16 PM
How about for nostalgia sake, they wear turn back the clock 1919 uniforms... Quick, somebody email Brooks.

HITMEN OF 77
10-18-2005, 05:25 PM
Who else thinks they should recreate the 1917 World Series uniforms in the current style for atleast game 1?

Here's my take:

Nice, I like that. But I think we should stick with the vest look.

chisox117
10-18-2005, 06:32 PM

That looks great!

Concerning the vests: The Sox went with the regular non-vest look for game 2 of the ALCS to start their current 4 game win streak. I hope they donít make an appearance in the World Series. Personally, I think the vests suck.
:gulp:

chisoxmike
10-18-2005, 06:38 PM
Not gonna happen.

chisox77
10-18-2005, 06:48 PM
I like your idea, but for the future.

Keep the uniforms we have - agreed - they are simply the best in baseball.

Fuller_Schettman
10-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Say, what happened to our Blacks? I thought they wore those both at home and on the road...

Dat Funky Motion
10-18-2005, 07:04 PM
I hate the vest also. I was wondering why no black jersey. I thought Freddy was going to pick it for sure. I also thought it would be good for marketing.

whitesoxwilkes
10-18-2005, 07:17 PM

Here's my take:

Don't like it for the WS, but man that would look GREAT for a July 4th game next year.

You can also count me in the anti-vest camp. Baseball jerseys are supposed to have sleeves!

:bandance:

PaleHoseGeorge
10-18-2005, 07:23 PM
The Sox have worn the vest for all home games except the last one, Game 2 of the ALCS. Buerhrle chose the traditional sleeved shirt and the Sox haven't lost since. I'm guessing Contreras likes the vests. IIRC, he chose the vests quite a bit for his home starts during the regular season, too. Assuming Guillen picks him to start Game 1 of the World Series, it will be interesting to see which shirt Contreras chooses.

Mark me down with a big thumbs up supporting the fact that NOBODY has chosen those tired and overworked black jerseys. They may look great but they are worn far too often. In fact I'm sure the team has worn that jersey (both home and away) more than any other the last several years. Just say "NO" to the black jerseys.

:thumbsup:

Fuller_Schettman
10-18-2005, 07:26 PM
So the starting pitcher selects the jersey for the game? I did not know that. Cool!

Chips
10-18-2005, 07:44 PM
I love the black jerseys, I like the vests. I really don't care too much what uniforms they go with as long as they win.

TheOldRoman
10-18-2005, 07:59 PM
The Sox have worn the vest for all home games except the last one, Game 2 of the ALCS. Buerhrle chose the traditional sleeved shirt and the Sox haven't lost since. I'm guessing Contreras likes the vests. IIRC, he chose the vests quite a bit for his home starts during the regular season, too. Assuming Guillen picks him to start Game 1 of the World Series, it will be interesting to see which shirt Contreras chooses.

Mark me down with a big thumbs up supporting the fact that NOBODY has chosen those tired and overworked black jerseys. They may look great but they are worn far too often. In fact I'm sure the team has worn that jersey (both home and away) more than any other the last several years. Just say "NO" to the black jerseys.

:thumbsup:
I agree 100%. I love the black jerseys, but they are WAY overdone. They really toned it down this year with the black jerseys. The last several years, they wore black more often than grey on the road, and a couple times a week at home.
This year they started out in black a lot (they seemed to go on long winnings streaks whenever they pulled the black jerseys out, so they wore them until they lost), but around the time when they premered the vests, they cut back on the black. I love ALL of our jerseys, and the road is probably my favorite.

I think we should have a jersey rotation like the Astros have. They wear the regular jerseys monday thru friday, the non-pinstripe whites with red hats on Saturday, and the reds on Sundays. We could wear the regular home jerseys monday to friday, black on saturdays, and the vests on Sundays. I think it would work much better. The black is great, and I love the vests also, but our home and road jerseys are each the absolute classiest and best jerseys in baseball.

antitwins13
10-18-2005, 08:00 PM

Here's my take:

Keep the same uni's, but I wouldn't mind seeing the old 80's style for one game.

C-Dawg
10-18-2005, 08:09 PM
Keep the same uni's, but I wouldn't mind seeing the old 80's style for one game.

How about one game in the Bill Veeck-era floppy collars?

Nah, no need to mix things up and create distractions. The Sox uniforms are all awesome, and changing them at this time is not needed.

Theanticub
10-18-2005, 08:17 PM

Here's my take:

I like it, but don't mess with success. Some players are really superstitious... But awesome for july 4th, like another poster put.

jerry myers
10-18-2005, 08:27 PM
I like the vest, and the black, but stick to our current gear its the best.

saltwater farmer
10-18-2005, 09:13 PM

Here's my take:

The alternate jersey worked in 1917. I like the idea, but I doubt it would ever happen.

I did learn that next year the Sox will be wearing throwback 1906 uniforms for every Sunday home game to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the WS victory over the Chubs. I like that.

TheOldRoman
10-18-2005, 09:53 PM
The alternate jersey worked in 1917. I like the idea, but I doubt it would ever happen.

I did learn that next year the Sox will be wearing throwback 1906 uniforms for every Sunday home game to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the WS victory over the Chubs. I like that.
Really, where did you hear that? I think it is a nice idea to wear those once during the Cubs series, but not every Sunday. The 2001 Throwbacks were nice enough to wear once a week, but this is not:

1906 Unis (http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/exhibits/online_exhibits/dressed_to_the_nines/detail_page.asp?fileName=al_1906_chicago.gif&Entryid=93)

ElCanuque
10-19-2005, 05:25 AM
What? No one is for the tuxedos? We could have Chet Lemon on hand.

gaelhound
10-19-2005, 07:47 AM

Here's my take:

A little too much bars and stars for people who may have supported the union in the war of southern insurrection!

wdelaney72
10-19-2005, 08:20 AM
I've always thought the road grays were the best in baseball... and still do.

Now that they've changed the vests to REAL vests, I've grown very fond of that one. I agree that the black jersey was WAY overdone. I think those should be limited to once a week.

skottyj242
10-19-2005, 08:29 AM
Really, where did you hear that? I think it is a nice idea to wear those once during the Cubs series, but not every Sunday. The 2001 Throwbacks were nice enough to wear once a week, but this is not:

1906 Unis (http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/exhibits/online_exhibits/dressed_to_the_nines/detail_page.asp?fileName=al_1906_chicago.gif&Entryid=93)

IIRC the ones in 2001 were somewhat updated to fit the times, so maybe they'll do the same next year?

SSN721
10-19-2005, 08:29 AM
I am not a big fan of the vests. I like the logo created in this thread. But I also agree with another it would never happen. It woul dbe cool to see in the the series, but since it wont happen would definitely be a great 4th of July uni. It would be cool if we could add the City of Chicago flag patch somehow to the uniform for the series. Or permanently :smile:

rocky biddle
10-19-2005, 08:42 AM
What about the green jerseys? They always work for ND...

soxfanatlanta
10-19-2005, 08:52 AM
Don't care what they wear, as long as they play well. You cannot make a uniform that looks as good as a "W" on the board.

Ok, don't wear those shorts - that would be bad.
:tongue:

Erik The Red
10-19-2005, 09:33 AM
If so, I hope they decide to make it authentic and not put the numbers on the jerseys.

I want Mags back
10-19-2005, 09:37 AM
I wouldn't mind them wearing that on 4th on July or Memorial Day or something, but for the World series **** no

Bluegrass1SOXFAN
10-19-2005, 09:44 AM
Yes, the 1917 theme added to our current Sox script logo would be very, very cool to see for the home opener (when all the players get their WS rings!). It would also look great for the 4th of July, like several others have suggested.

I hope someone who knows somebody high in the front office, forwards this thread to them!! It's a great marketing idea.

Procol Harum
10-19-2005, 10:36 AM
A little too much bars and stars for people who may have supported the union in the war of southern insurrection!

You mean the War of Northern Aggression? :D: Seriously, most of the Sox fans' South Side ancestorial base wasn't even in the country when the Great Unpleasantness occurred.

On topic: stick with the sleeved pinstripe jerseys--I'm "ehhhh" on the vests and real tired of the black jerseys from overuse the last few years.