PDA

View Full Version : Parking Lots Open?

rmusacch
10-18-2005, 05:02 PM
Sorry if this had been asked already, but does anyone know what time the parking lots open on Saturday?

Bee_Bee_Richard
10-19-2005, 01:38 PM
I just stopped at USC to get my ticket for Game 2.

The ticket window directed me to the security guard at the entrance to the lot directly west of the park.

He said 4 hours before gametime. If that's 4 hours from 6:30, that'd be 2:30. But now that I think of it the "true" gametime is probably 7-7:30, since 6:30 is when the Fox broadcast starts.

He also said lot E, directly south and west of the ballpark, will not be taking cash for parking. Tailgating will be allowed in all the usual lots, plus G to the west of the railroad tracks on the north side of 35th.

34rancher
10-19-2005, 02:47 PM
I just stopped at USC to get my ticket for Game 2.

The ticket window directed me to the security guard at the entrance to the lot directly west of the park.

He said 4 hours before gametime. If that's 4 hours from 6:30, that'd be 2:30. But now that I think of it the "true" gametime is probably 7-7:30, since 6:30 is when the Fox broadcast starts.

He also said lot E, directly south and west of the ballpark, will not be taking cash for parking. Tailgating will be allowed in all the usual lots, plus G to the west of the railroad tracks on the north side of 35th.
I got the same thing...Here is a map from the website....

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/ballpark/directions_map_lg_532x524.gif

TomBradley72
10-19-2005, 03:50 PM
I got the same thing...Here is a map from the website....

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/ballpark/directions_map_lg_532x524.gif

Just to confirm...all other lots (besides Lot E) WILL take cash and WILL open 4 hours before 1st pitch?

Ol' No. 2
10-19-2005, 03:52 PM
Just to confirm...all other lots (besides Lot E) WILL take cash and WILL open 4 hours before 1st pitch?No. A, B and C are coupon-only lots. They usually take cash at these lots during the regular season when they're not full, but not during the post-season. D is reserved. I'm pretty sure only F, G and L will take cash.

TomBradley72
10-19-2005, 03:55 PM
No. A, B and C are coupon-only lots. They usually take cash at these lots during the regular season when they're not full, but not during the post-season. D is reserved. I'm pretty sure only F, G and L will take cash.

Thanks....I got into Lot C for the ALDS and they took cash....but I couldn't get in for the ALCS.....

Mickster
10-19-2005, 03:56 PM
No. A, B and C are coupon-only lots. They usually take cash at these lots during the regular season when they're not full, but not during the post-season. D is reserved. I'm pretty sure only F, G and L will take cash.

That is my understanding as well, although I have heard some on WSI indicate that they got into the A/B/C lots with cash when the lots first opened. I can not comfirm......

Ol' No. 2
10-19-2005, 04:01 PM
That is my understanding as well, although I have heard some on WSI indicate that they got into the A/B/C lots with cash when the lots first opened. I can not comfirm......Ultimately, it's up to the people running the lots. Usually they will accept cash at coupon-only lots only to the extent they think they will still have enough parking available for those with coupons. Your chances are better early. But why bother? If I didn't have a coupon I'd just go to lot G. It's probably the easiest one to get in and out of anyway.