PDA

View Full Version : Oakland A's Broadcaster Bill King Dead

eriqjaffe
10-18-2005, 03:44 PM
http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20051018&content_id=1254009&vkey=pr_oak&fext=.jsp&c_id=oak

...not much to be said about it, other than it's a terrible shame, and my prayers are with his family.

hose
10-18-2005, 03:50 PM
One of the all time greats, sorry to here he passed.

Nyls Nyman
10-18-2005, 10:37 PM
Isn't the post-surgery death similar to what happened to Dick Schaap? He didn't have a blood clot, but he picked up something and never got better, even though the original surgery was a success.

My mom has a terrible history of blood clots, so they actually did a procedure and put a screen into her bloodstream to catch them before she had back surgery. We were all on pins and needles for about a week after that until they felt safe enough to take it out.

My condolences to his family.

Viva Medias B's
10-18-2005, 10:57 PM
This is sad news. Bill King was probably better known as the voice of the Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders. He called the Raiders' "Heidi" game as well as many other great Raider games.

FarWestChicago
10-18-2005, 10:59 PM
This is sad news. Bill King was probably better known as the voice of the Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders. He called the Raiders' "Heidi" game as well as many other great Raider games.Bill King was great. Back before FOBB's ruined the A's for everybody, I used to listen to him and Lon Simmons doing A's games on the car radio. But, most say football and basketball were actually his best sports. :D:

Lip Man 1
10-18-2005, 11:50 PM
He was incredibly animated when describing the Raiders especially when they were good.

Lip