PDA

View Full Version : Best Places to Watch the WS

zaidecrannog
10-18-2005, 02:43 PM
Any suggestions for a good place to watch the world series? I'm not really inclined to get near the Cell, because I'd like to avoid too big a crowd. Any north side sox-friendly spots would be nice.

lizard6king6
10-18-2005, 03:17 PM
Any suggestions for a good place to watch the world series? I'm not really inclined to get near the Cell, because I'd like to avoid too big a crowd. Any north side sox-friendly spots would be nice.

Yeah Im looing for somewhere too. Preferablly northwest side maybe around park ridge or norridge? Either way Ill find somewhere

UofCSoxFan
10-18-2005, 03:25 PM
Well US Cellular Field would probably be the best spot....but ticketmaster/white sox season ticket reps assured me that isn't going to happen.

I watched game 2 at Jimbo's in bridgeport...great atmosphere full of tons of sox fans (but not overcrowded)...only thing was a can of miller lite is 4 bucks...cmon.....and the crowd is older (they have signs say 25 or older...I'm 22...they let me drink but I was young for the bar).

I watched game 5 at Halligan in Lincoln Park.....probably about 40 sox fans there....I was able to get a seat. They have pretty good specials (2 buck guiness pints on sundays....3 bucks every other day)....the atmosphere was great but after seeing the partying in bridgeport I wish I was there. I most likely will watch from bridgeport for the series.

MillerSoxFan
10-18-2005, 04:23 PM
any suggestions on family friendly places in NW IN?

soxwon
10-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Yeah Im looing for somewhere too. Preferablly northwest side maybe around park ridge or norridge? Either way Ill find somewhere

go to moretti's in edison park, big bar very sox friendly, i was there the night the sox beat boston.

its on olmstead behinfd northwest highyway.

Theanticub
10-18-2005, 08:50 PM
Right off I-80 Buffalo Wild wings in tinley park is amazing to watch games at. get there 3 hours early if you want a table though.

bayzbol44
10-18-2005, 09:03 PM
All the Buffalo Wild Wings are awesome to watch games at. I and about 6-8 others will be at the one in Algonquin. When I went there for game 4, the place was going nuts. When I went to game 5 in Mt. Prospect, they played Sweet Home Chicago, right after they won.

bayzbol44
10-18-2005, 09:05 PM
During the away games I heard Nancy Faust will be at Haray Carray's one day and Cork and Kerry's (sp?) another day. Once I find out which games, I will let you know.

Soxfan35
10-18-2005, 09:26 PM
Any good spots in the loop area?

rmusacch
10-18-2005, 09:51 PM
During the away games I heard Nancy Faust will be at Haray Carray's one day and Cork and Kerry's (sp?) another day. Once I find out which games, I will let you know.

Will they show the game at Harry Caray's? The reason I ask is because I was flying out of Midway one Sunday at the end of August and walked by the Harry Caray's and saw that they had most of the tv's on the Cubs game and then one tv on some movie. I asked the hostess are they not allowed to show Sox games and she said no.

lizard6king6
10-18-2005, 10:29 PM
go to moretti's in edison park, big bar very sox friendly, i was there the night the sox beat boston.

its on olmstead behinfd northwest highyway.
Yeah thats were I was thinking because it is fairly close and Ive been there tons of times before. Well looks like morettis it is!!

SouthSide_HitMen
10-18-2005, 10:34 PM

I've been to EPI for many White Sox games (they only lost 1 game I've watched there this season). Many Sox fans - was there after the game on Sunday and they kept the bar open an extra hour or so (until 1 am on a Sunday night / Monday morning) and it still had a good crowd after midnight (which is pretty good for the NW side). They have free parking just to the South of the railroad tracks and are located next to Moretti's (you probably know that).

Cuck the Fubs
10-18-2005, 10:50 PM
Due to a lack of tickets and wanting to watch the game with the wife and kids..........

Looks like I'll be watching from the couch in front of my 65" HDTV!

Have to invite a few of the lads over!

peeonwrigley
10-18-2005, 11:01 PM
Will they show the game at Harry Caray's? The reason I ask is because I was flying out of Midway one Sunday at the end of August and walked by the Harry Caray's and saw that they had most of the tv's on the Cubs game and then one tv on some movie. I asked the hostess are they not allowed to show Sox games and she said no.

It would be bad business for any establishment to not show the World Series.

I watched game 4 at Halligan's - its a great place to watch games for north side purposes. Every bar in Lincoln Park I have been to starting with the ALDS has not only shown Sox games, but has had the sound up for the games (includes Durkins, Duffys, Halligans, Kendalls). However, there's definitely gonna be a portion of the crowd that isn't paying any attention to the game if that bothers you.

I would like to watch down in Bridgeport but don't want to take public transportation just to get to a bar. I would have for Game 5 of the ALCS but couldn't drink that night. Definitely looking into it for the series though, especially for a potential clincher *crossing fingers*

UofCSoxFan
10-19-2005, 12:02 AM
peeonwrigley quote (don't know why it didn't show up as such):
"but don't want to take public transportation just to get to a bar"

this is why i need to move out of hyde park

bayzbol44
10-19-2005, 06:34 AM

They should be showing it. It would be pretty silly to have Nancy come in and not show the game. I will be going to watch the game and be part of atmosphere. Sure it will be great to have Nancy there, but if they are not showing the game, I am out.

OH!foracold1
10-19-2005, 06:59 AM
Any feedback on Shoeless Joes in Rosemont. Never been in there. Will it hold a lot of people? Prices?
For all you Northern IL/Southern WI fans, Brat Stop on HYW 50, just west of 94, is a huge place with decent prices.

bayzbol44
10-19-2005, 07:12 AM
I just found out Nancy Faust will be at Harry Caray's on Tuesday night. She will be playing the music in between at bats and innings (just like the old days). Obviously, if she is doing this, the game will be on. From what she says, she did this last week and it was a LOT of fun. Come out and support Nancy, if you can. It should be a lot of fun.

ajtokarz
10-19-2005, 07:52 AM
I asked the hostess are they not allowed to show Sox games and she said no.

She's right....they will be showing a simulated World Series live from Wrigley. I think that Kerry is taking the mound for game one against the Simulated Red Sox.