PDA

View Full Version : Puffers this Saturday night

chisoxfanatic
10-18-2005, 01:20 PM
Puffers was an absolute madhouse this past weekend all three nights. We all had a total blast, as I'm sure others can attest to. Who's in for taking over Puffers for the World Series starting this Saturday night?

ChiSoxGirl
10-18-2005, 01:37 PM
Puffers was an absolute madhouse this past weekend all three nights. We all had a total blast, as I'm sure others can attest to. Who's in for taking over Puffers for the World Series starting this Saturday night?
I would be... if I didn't score a singleton for that game!!!! :bandance: I'm going to try and head over there after the game to hang out with you guys, though. I'll probably PM you to talk about this and the best way you think would be for me to do that.

Deuce
10-18-2005, 01:38 PM
I am coming up for the weekend, and would love to spend Game 1 amongst fellow WSIers.

Deuce

gosoxmarc
10-18-2005, 02:41 PM
Have never been to the bars in the area (always go to the game and drive home (2 hours)), I will be passing through Sunday evening and since I didn't score tickets to game 2, would like to go to Puffers and enjoy the atmosphere,

What is the best place to park in the area? Too cheap to pay cash Sox parking (also fearful I won't be able to get out of the lot when I want to)? Suggestions appreciated.

longshot7
10-18-2005, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the invite but I am back in LA now. Boo hoo! Had a blast on Sunday tho! It was total pandemonium.

skottyj242
10-18-2005, 02:50 PM
I would be interested, had a blast with you ladies on Friday night.

Palehose13
10-18-2005, 02:56 PM

I'd like to come down to watch the game and I know that there are others making the trip. Is there a bigger bar in the area. Puffers was awfully crowded that one night we were there (game 3?).

IronFisk
10-18-2005, 03:07 PM
What is the best place to park in the area? Too cheap to pay cash Sox parking (also fearful I won't be able to get out of the lot when I want to)? Suggestions appreciated.

If it were me, I'd take the red line in, and hoof it a few blocks. Probably a mile walk - but amongst RABID fans! I can only imagine a nightmare parking scenario for this weekend.

As for me, unless they let in my 7-year old, I'll be catching it with some friends in a far-less rowdy environment.

Have fun...:whiner:
(ps - The Cowbell RETURNS for road games the following week!!! :bandance:)

The Dude
10-18-2005, 04:31 PM
If I dont end up talking my brother into selling me his ticket for saturdays game, The Dude shall be there.:gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp:

Taliesinrk
10-18-2005, 04:44 PM
I'm coming in from IN and if I don't get a ticket to the game I'd be up for watching the game with some fellow Sox fans.. I'm from very eastern Indiana and don't know my way around all that much.. where is Puffers located?

Palehose13
10-18-2005, 04:49 PM
I'm coming in from IN and if I don't get a ticket to the game I'd be up for watching the game with some fellow Sox fans.. I'm from very eastern Indiana and don't know my way around all that much.. where is Puffers located?

33rd and Halsted

veeter
10-18-2005, 04:51 PM
I think I'll be at Puffer's for the road games.

maurice
10-18-2005, 04:59 PM
I'll probably stop by before the game on Saturday.

na_na_na_na
10-18-2005, 05:22 PM
I was at Puffers on Sunday and didn't realize other WSI'ers where in the bar.

chisoxmike
10-18-2005, 05:44 PM
I'll be there!:gulp:

Jurr
10-18-2005, 05:55 PM
My girifriend and I will be there, up from TN!! I'll be in the Juan Uribe jersey. :supernana:

Theanticub
10-18-2005, 08:43 PM

Never heard of this place.....I'm from the south burbs (tinley park) been hitting up Buffalo Wild Wings on 183rd and harlem, which is insane since day 1 of the playoffs.

They go as far as to play thunderstruck before the game just to pump us up...its a great place to watch a game. (Lots of women too)

IronFisk
10-18-2005, 09:48 PM
Never heard of this place.....I'm from the south burbs (tinley park) been hitting up Buffalo Wild Wings on 183rd and harlem, which is insane since day 1 of the playoffs.

They go as far as to play thunderstruck before the game just to pump us up...its a great place to watch a game. (Lots of women too)

Wow, ya hear that fanatic, LOTS of WOMEN!!!

:tongue:

The Wall
10-18-2005, 10:58 PM
I lived close to this one but never ever went in there. This might be the best time to show up! Therez plenty of free street parking in the side streets around there...so dont worry about parking a block or two away and walking (side streets around Halsted and 30th, 31st, 32nd all have free parking).

skobabe8
10-18-2005, 11:32 PM
Wow, ya hear that fanatic, LOTS of WOMEN!!!

:tongue:

:roflmao:

UofCSoxFan
10-18-2005, 11:59 PM
what are prices like....jimbo's was a little expensive i thought...plus they had the 25 or older signs up everywhere....and although they served me as a 22 year old i felt a bit out of place

CJLove23
10-19-2005, 12:11 AM
I actually have Saturday night off (Well, I switched it, I ain't missing one flipping game!) I'm planning on watching them most with the family, but I actually really want to go to Puffer's for the first game! The last bar I went to sucked bad! So, Hopefully I'll see you there :wink:

Jerko
10-19-2005, 09:10 AM
Gee, I'm like 2 blocks from puffer's. I should get my lazy ass over there. I'm still trying to get tickets though so it will be a last minute thing either way.

whitesoxwilkes
10-19-2005, 09:14 AM
what are prices like....jimbo's was a little expensive i thought...plus they had the 25 or older signs up everywhere....and although they served me as a 22 year old i felt a bit out of place

Jimbo's is only "expensive" on game days.

:bandance:

zach23
10-19-2005, 09:37 AM
I'd like to come down to watch the game and I know that there are others making the trip. Is there a bigger bar in the area. Puffers was awfully crowded that one night we were there (game 3?).

All the bars in Bridgeport are like that. Long and narrow.
WSI should pool together and rent out a hall in the neighborhood. Bring in some tv sets and your own beer and food. There are a few VFW halls in the area and I know Nativity on 37th street has a huge hall in the basement. All of our little league banquets were held there. If you got as many people to show up as did for "Core of the Core" everyone could pitch in a few bucks to cover it all.