PDA

View Full Version : Who is More to Blame?

shoota II
10-18-2005, 12:58 PM
Who is more deserving of blame?

kobo
10-18-2005, 12:59 PM
More to blame for what?

antitwins13
The Sox for not releasing many tickets to the public.

shoota II
For what?

For hurting the public's chances at tickets.

DSpivack
10-18-2005, 01:01 PM
The Sox for not releasing many tickets to the public.

That's not on the Sox. That's on MLB.

Gavin
10-18-2005, 01:01 PM
lame

Chicken Dinner
10-18-2005, 01:05 PM
I think FOX did it so they can make us watch their broadcast.

Palehose13
10-18-2005, 01:08 PM
Us, for not buying season tickets. If you wanted to guarantee yourself playoff tickets, buy them. I only got the Ozzie plan and I am watching on TV like the rest of you, but I was at the ALDS. Next year, 27 game plan.

Let me go through this with you:

1. People bitch and moan because JR doesn't increase payroll every year.
2. IF the season ticket base was stronger, there would be an increase in payroll.
3. Sox make it to world series on low payroll.
4. Non season ticket holders bitch and moan cause they don't have tickets.

Tough. You could have had GUARANTEED World series tickets and playoff tickets for next year if you would have bought the full plan before 11am today.

I'm sorry if it's insensitive, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. You should know by now that the world isn't fair and he who makes the most money has the most priviledges.

I'm not going to let this ruin my fun. The Sox are hosting the first game of the WORLD SERIES! I'm fine with watching it on TV if I have to.

PatK
10-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Ticketmaster.

My order took too long while being processed and "timed out".

So instead of getting two tickets, I got nothing.

I tried contacting Ticketmaster to tell them what happened, and they gave me the "well we have no record of your transaction" response.

Their process is terrible. I understand they can only hold tickets for so long, but I shouldn't have lost my order because of problems with their on-line order processing.

pdimas
10-18-2005, 01:36 PM
My dad and I have been on the 27 game plan the for the past two years. This year we really couldn't afford to pay them off in time (vacations etc.) so we didn't get them. Then with June coming up I went to my mother and told her that we had to get the remaining season's tickets. I could just feel this year being extra special. So she ended up getting them for my dad father's day / bday gift (if you ever get him going he'll tell you its the best present he ever got :D: ). Because we bought all of the remaining games we were still considered full season ticket holders and were given the opportunity to get tix for all of the home playoff games.

itsnotrequired
10-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Us, for not buying season tickets. If you wanted to guarantee yourself playoff tickets, buy them. I only got the Ozzie plan and I am watching on TV like the rest of you, but I was at the ALDS. Next year, 27 game plan.

2. IF the season ticket base was stronger, there would be an increase in payroll.

Tough. You could have had GUARANTEED World series tickets and playoff tickets for next year if you would have bought the full plan before 11am today.

I'm sorry if it's insensitive, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. You should know by now that the world isn't fair and he who makes the most money has the most priviledges.

I'm not going to let this ruin my fun. The Sox are hosting the first game of the WORLD SERIES! I'm fine with watching it on TV if I have to.

That's why the wife and I are getting a 27 game plan for next season. I smell dynasty!

Chicago
10-18-2005, 01:43 PM

So your saying that the fans should stop crying because they could have spent... atleast a $1000 each seat for Upper Reserved for season tickets. then they could have had the chance to purchased World Series tickets...:rolleyes:

Do you think everyone is able to spend that kind of money all at once, or is able to attend that many games, or wants to have to go see everygame in the Upper Reserves???

If more tickets were released to the FANS.. then we wouldn't have this problem... MLB is to blame.

Baby Fisk
10-18-2005, 01:53 PM

Damn straight. Think of it as the ultimate investment, in the team, in the future payroll, and in your own personal enjoyment of White Sox baseball.

Would people rather buy Cubs Suck t-shirts?

itsnotrequired
10-18-2005, 02:02 PM
So your saying that the fans should stop crying because they could have spent... atleast a $1000 each seat for Upper Reserved for season tickets. then they could have had the chance to purchased World Series tickets...:rolleyes:

Do you think everyone is able to spend that kind of money all at once, or is able to attend that many games, or wants to have to go see everygame in the Upper Reserves???

If more tickets were released to the FANS.. then we wouldn't have this problem... MLB is to blame.

Good point about MLB gobbling up a bunch of tickets. In addition to having more tickets open to the public, they need to ditch Ticketmaster and use the lottery system like in St. Louis. Also, the box office should be given a limited number of tickets to be sold at the stadium. This will allow for a good old fashion camp out waiting for tickets. Ultimate die-hards...

That being said, buying season tickets "puts your money where your mouth is". It sends a STRONG message to the front office that you are willing to pony up the dough for the team, especially if you get full season of club level tickets. I can't afford those kind of tickets either but I can afford a split-season plan. A really nice plan and it assures me the chance to purchase tickets for all of the ALDS, one ALCS and one WS games.

Of course, I have to wait until next year...

Palehose13
10-18-2005, 02:11 PM

Yes, that is what I am saying. I am sick of people bithcing about low payroll every ****ing year when they don't put up the money that would help to increase pay roll.

I don't make a lot of money (40K/year) and I live in Milwaukee. I bought the Ozzie plan last year and already have my deposit for 27 game plan next year (lower box). I didn't have ALCS tickets (I had bought game 6 on ebay for $200 each) nor do I have world series tickets. I'm not going to bitch about it cause I didn't make the investment to the team to be guaranteed to get them. If you want them so badly, start bidding on ebay. I'm going to watch at home and save my money for my 2006 tickets, where yes, we'll be in the playoffs again next year.

daveeym
10-18-2005, 02:21 PM
Yes, that is what I am saying. I am sick of people bithcing about low payroll every ****ing year when they don't put up the money that would help to increase pay roll.

I don't make a lot of money (40K/year) and I live in Milwaukee. I bought the Ozzie plan last year and already have my deposit for 27 game plan next year (lower box). I didn't have ALCS tickets (I had bought game 6 on ebay for $200 each) nor do I have world series tickets. I'm not going to bitch about it cause I didn't make the investment to the team to be guaranteed to get them. If you want them so badly, start bidding on ebay. I'm going to watch at home and save my money for my 2006 tickets, where yes, we'll be in the playoffs again next year. We need a different color. Pipe Dream is no longer an accurate color for a lot of things. Maybe Wishful Thinking?

Palehose13
10-18-2005, 02:25 PM
We need a different color. Pipe Dream is no longer an accurate color for a lot of things. Maybe Wishful Thinking?

I like it. I wonder what the bosses would think about that.

Hitmen77
10-19-2005, 04:16 PM
I would blame MLB for grabbing 24,000 seats per game for the World Series - leaving as little as 2,000 tickets available for non-season ticket holders.

The Dude
10-19-2005, 04:34 PM
<inserts overdue "This Thread Sucks" tag>

Palehose13 is absolutely right. Buy season tickets or stay at home and watch the games. Plain and simple.

hose
10-19-2005, 04:43 PM
I can't add anymore to what Pale hose wrote but she nailed it 100%.

I still feel for ALL Sox fans that couldn't get a ticket.

HotelWhiteSox
10-19-2005, 04:54 PM
Ticketmaster. They charge all those fees and then can never get their server straight. Service fees for what service? 90% of people who tried online at noon got screwed with a TM server error, or got a BS line about a 2 min wait time, waited 40 minutes later only to get nothing. They're the ones that allow the scalpers to call any center in the country 10 minutes early to get an edge, and they don't care if real fans get tickets, as was shown in my of the "word codes" people got when trying to get tickets, like 'unfair'.

In reference to PH, good points, but I'm sure every poster here would buy season tickets if they had the resources or would be able to go to the games. I can't afford the regular prices of World Series ticktes, let alone a partial season tix plan, but would have loved the chance to put my self in more debt than I'm in in trying to get 4 for me and friends to get to see this once in a lifetime opportunity yesterday afternoon. But, then again, I went through this for every round, so I can't say I went in with real high hopes. I guess I'll have to settle for a program

NEXT TEAM PLEASE USE A LOTTERY! I like my chances a lot better than ****ing Ticketmaster

Ol' No. 2
10-19-2005, 05:13 PM
Ticketmaster. They charge all those fees and then can never get their server straight. Service fees for what service? 90% of people who tried online at noon got screwed with a TM server error, or got a BS line about a 2 min wait time, waited 40 minutes later only to get nothing. They're the ones that allow the scalpers to call any center in the country 10 minutes early to get an edge, and they don't care if real fans get tickets, as was shown in my of the "word codes" people got when trying to get tickets, like 'unfair'.

In reference to PH, good points, but I'm sure every poster here would buy season tickets if they had the resources or would be able to go to the games. I can't afford the regular prices of World Series ticktes, let alone a partial season tix plan, but would have loved the chance to put my self in more debt than I'm in in trying to get 4 for me and friends to get to see this once in a lifetime opportunity yesterday afternoon. But, then again, I went through this for every round, so I can't say I went in with real high hopes. I guess I'll have to settle for a program

NEXT TEAM PLEASE USE A LOTTERY! I like my chances a lot better than ****ing TicketmasterI agree on the lottery. Your odds won't really be any better, but at least you won't have wasted half an hour being told you have 2 minutes to go.

SoxFanSince67
10-19-2005, 06:25 PM
You need a 3rd option: corporate America. How many tickets were giiven to the big sponsors?

Palehose13
10-19-2005, 06:48 PM
Thanks to those who agree with me. I thought that I was going to get flamed.

For those who can't afford season tickets on their own, why not find someone to go in with you? We have over 6,000 members here and people on this board meet up a lot. IMO, it wouldn't cost too much to get 2-6 people together, get some seats, and divide up the games. If you get the 27 or 81 game plan, you get a little bit of savings on your ticket (which is usually a better seat than what you would get at the box office) AND a reduced rate on parking.

If you don't use all your tickets, I'm sure people on this board would buy them from you at face value. It's something to think about, and if you are as obsessive about the Sox as I am (and I am sure most of you are), why not? One more benefit is the number of season ticket holders is one thing that Uncle Jerry looks at when deciding payroll.

You go to the park a lot anyway, why not committ now? That way you will definitely have your playoff tickets for next year (no deep pink needed).

***Unintentional promo for Sox season tickets now over (Brooks, isn't this your job???)***

VivaOzzie
10-19-2005, 07:12 PM
I don't understand what is wrong with watching the SOX IN THE WORLD SERIES on tv?? :dunno:

I mean, I tried to get tickets, and I'd love to go to the game. But demand exceeds supply, thus I was one of the many unlucky people to not get tickets. But hey, I'll just roll with it and be happy that the SOX ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES!

Maybe look at the positives instead of placing blame on people or entities...like you can watch the game at your favorite watering hole. Or you can watch it with a lot of your friends and fellow Sox fans who also couldn't get tickets. Or you can watch it somewhere where you can get absolutely hammered and not have to worry about staying sober to drive home. I could go on and on and on...