PDA

View Full Version : WS Logistics question

Moses_Scurry
10-18-2005, 10:12 AM
Hey all,

I am planning on doing everything in my power to secure a ticket to Saturday night's game.

That being said, I will be coming up from Indianapolis for the game. I'm thinking about finding a redline stop somewhere south of the park and taking the train up to Comiskey to avoid the traffic and parking issues.

Is this a good idea? What would be a good stop in a safe area where I could park easily? I imagine that there will be a ton of people on the train. Will they set up any special express trains or anything?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

DrummerGeorgefan
10-18-2005, 10:24 AM
There is a park and ride lot for the Green line on 55th street. It is a pretty safe location, well lit and such. Take the green line north to the 35th street stop and its an extra two block walk from where the redline lets off.

Just an option for you. I'm not sure about any other parking lots near the CTA on the southside.

jenn2080
10-18-2005, 10:28 AM
Hey all,

I am planning on doing everything in my power to secure a ticket to Saturday night's game.

That being said, I will be coming up from Indianapolis for the game. I'm thinking about finding a redline stop somewhere south of the park and taking the train up to Comiskey to avoid the traffic and parking issues.

Is this a good idea? What would be a good stop in a safe area where I could park easily? I imagine that there will be a ton of people on the train. Will they set up any special express trains or anything?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Here is my suggestion....take lake shore and park downtown on line harrison and clark. parking lots are like 8 bucks. you can also maybe park on 87th st. there is a mall parking lot. i would do the downtown thing though. i think you can also park in meters around there too for free.

Jerko
10-18-2005, 10:30 AM
You can take the Red line to Roosevelt, transfer to the Orange line and take it to Halsted, and take the 44 bus that will let you off right by Grandstand. I assume they all run on Saturday nights. There is a stop for the 44 right outside the Halsted Orange Line station.

DSpivack
10-18-2005, 12:49 PM
You can take the Red line to Roosevelt, transfer to the Orange line and take it to Halsted, and take the 44 bus that will let you off right by Grandstand. I assume they all run on Saturday nights. There is a stop for the 44 right outside the Halsted Orange Line station.

:?: Why not just take the Red Line to 35th?

Not sure where to park on the Red Line South of 35th.

voodoochile
10-18-2005, 01:14 PM
Here is my suggestion....take lake shore and park downtown on line harrison and clark. parking lots are like 8 bucks. you can also maybe park on 87th st. there is a mall parking lot. i would do the downtown thing though. i think you can also park in meters around there too for free.

After 6PM and all weekend long, many downtown streets have free parking. You might even be able to park for free if you look around, but be careful, they will tow you if you screw up and that is $120 (when I left Chicago 2 years ago) and NO, they won't let you off with a warning.

Jerko
10-18-2005, 01:17 PM
:?: Why not just take the Red Line to 35th?

Not sure where to park on the Red Line South of 35th.

I was trying to give him a "path less traveled". Getting off at the park may be a zoo. Plus I was assuming he'd park downtown somewhere and the Orange line doesn't kick in north of lake street.

DSpivack
10-18-2005, 01:27 PM
I was trying to give him a "path less traveled". Getting off at the park may be a zoo. Plus I was assuming he'd park downtown somewhere and the Orange line doesn't kick in north of lake street.

Ah, OK. makes sense. Coming from the south, and getting there early enough, Red Line may not be a problem. Crazy after the game, though. And still don't know where to park south of 35th.

Jerko
10-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Ah, OK. makes sense. Coming from the south, and getting there early enough, Red Line may not be a problem. Crazy after the game, though. And still don't know where to park south of 35th.

That's another thing, after the game. He could walk to 35th and Wallace and take the 44 right back to the orange line terminal. I doubt that would be that crowded but you never know. I'm assuming most people would just jam the red line.

itsnotrequired
10-18-2005, 01:47 PM

Kramer: All right, Coney Island. Ok, you can take the B or the F and switch for the N at Broadway Lafayette, or you can go over the bridge to DeKalb and catch the Q to Atlantic Avenue, then switch to the IRT 2, 3, 4 or 5, but don't get on the G. See that's very tempting, but you wind up on Smith and 9th street, then you got to get on the R.

Elaine: Couldn't he just take the D straight to Coney Island?

Kramer: Well, yeah...

:D:

Jerko
10-18-2005, 02:04 PM
Just trying to tell him the least crowded and least aggravating way.

http://www.awave.com.au/images/kramer.jpg