PDA

View Full Version : The man I fear most: David Eckstein

veeter
10-18-2005, 10:51 AM
When I heard Pujols hit the game winning HR yesterday, my first thought was, 'I'll bet Eckstein was in the middle of that.' Unable to watch the end of the game, the highlights confirmed my thoughts. His two-out hit typifies what that guy does...win. He's the pebble in baseball's shoe. I feel if the Cards get in and we stop Eckstein, we take it in five.

batmanZoSo
10-18-2005, 11:03 AM
When I heard Pujols hit the game winning HR yesterday, my first thought was, 'I'll bet Eckstein was in the middle of that.' Unable to watch the end of the game, the highlights confirmed my thoughts. His two-out hit typifies what that guy does...win. He's the pebble in baseball's shoe. I feel if the Cards get in and we stop Eckstein, we take it in five.

Yeah you can't let that little bastard get hits and be on base for Edmonds and Pujols all the time. He will kill you if you overlook him. I'd key on him as well as the big guns in that lineup if we were to play them that is.

SoxSpeed22
10-18-2005, 12:16 PM
Yeah you can't let that little bastard get hits and be on base for Edmonds and Pujols all the time. He will kill you if you overlook him. I'd key on him as well as the big guns in that lineup if we were to play them that is.Just like Damon and Figgins. We have to keep 1 and 2 off before the strong 3 hitter. We did great against Ortiz and Ramirez and neither lineup between the Astros and Cardinals are 1/4 as scary as Boston's.
On a side note, due to height and talent, I nickname Eckstein, Cloud.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/50/Cloud_Strife_art.jpg

MarySwiss
10-18-2005, 01:53 PM
I agree. As soon as Eckstein got on base, I was thinking "Uh-oh!" He's a total pest. But then again, isn't that what other teams' fans say about Scotty? And AJ?

Frater Perdurabo
10-18-2005, 01:57 PM
I agree. As soon as Eckstein got on base, I was thinking "Uh-oh!" He's a total pest. But then again, isn't that what other teams' fans say about Scotty? And AJ?

Absolutely. It had to kill the Angels and their fans that Pods was taking pitches and working walks after falling behind in the count.

WSoxFanForever
10-18-2005, 05:53 PM
He's a scary hitter; probably the best lead off man in the NL. I'm a little more afraid of Albert because he can crank one out of the park on any pitcher. But we do have have a really great pitching staff. I think we can keep the damage to a minimum. We did it against Boston.

hose
10-18-2005, 05:57 PM
The man I fear most: David Eckstein

Don't sweat the small stuff.:wink:

veeter
10-18-2005, 05:59 PM
Very nice

Jjav829
10-18-2005, 11:43 PM
I think the scariest part about Eckstein is that he hit .375 with RISP. .375! How clutch is that. That's higher than basically every big name guy in baseball. Even Pujols hit only .329 with RISP.

elrod
10-19-2005, 12:03 AM
You know what's funny? When he came up to the plate in the 9th inning I said to my wife, "The reason I'm glad we won't play the Cardinals is that we won't have to deal with that guy. He's a real pest and he's tough to keep off the bases." The rest is history.

redsoxfaninct
10-19-2005, 04:39 PM
I love the way Eckstein plays the game, like he's glad to be there and goes flat out on every play. Being a Red Sox fan I can't tell you what it's like to watch Manny being Manny all the time.