PDA

View Full Version : New Version of "Let's Go Go Go White Sox"

Viva Medias B's
10-18-2005, 10:43 AM
Yesterday, I heard a new version of "Let's Go Go Go White Sox" on both the Score and ESPN 1000. It's a modernized version of Captain Stubby and the Buccaneers' song performed by a group calling itself Tadahito and the Iguchis. I wouldn't say the new version is a bad one, but I prefer the older version by Captain Stubby better.

cheeses_h_rice
10-18-2005, 10:48 AM
There was a piece about this on the Channel 7 news last night. The song was made by some ad guys from FCB and orchestrated by a huge Sox fan. The guy who sang it was a childhood friend of my brother's. Small world.

chisoxfanatic
10-18-2005, 10:52 AM
That was completely awesome! They played it at the beginning of the Boers and Bernstein show yesterday, and it even included all of the players' names in it. I liked it.

rmusacch
10-18-2005, 11:10 AM
That was completely awesome! They played it at the beginning of the Boers and Bernstein show yesterday, and it even included all of the players' names in it. I liked it.

Any chance of capturing it for us out-of-towners.

FielderJones
10-18-2005, 11:15 AM
The guy who sang it was a childhood friend of my brother's. Small world.

Any chance you or your brother could secure an mp3 version of it for us?:cool:

house215
10-18-2005, 11:28 AM
Any chance you or your brother could secure an mp3 version of it for us?:cool:

E-mail brook boyers....

rmusacch
10-18-2005, 11:39 AM
E-mail brook boyers....

I have been away from the boardfs for a while but I assume that is sarcastic or are most of the people on this board still under the assumption that Brooks is at the beck and call of WSI?

Chicago
10-18-2005, 11:40 AM
I'd rather leave the GO GO White Sox song alone and have someone remake Talkin' Baseball (the South Side & the Sox) (http://whitesoxinteractive.com//TalkinSOXbaseball.rm) (1984)

and include the 2005 player names.

Ol' No. 2
10-18-2005, 11:57 AM
This is great. Maybe someone can tackle Homer next. The Iliad and Odyssey need to be rewritten. Give the charcters regular names - all those Greek names are too confusing.

TomBradley72
10-18-2005, 12:02 PM
I have been away from the boardfs for a while but I assume that is sarcastic or are most of the people on this board still under the assumption that Brooks is at the beck and call of WSI?

We shouldn't abuse it...but Brooks is amazingly responsive. I sent an email out to my buddies celebrating the pennant....I copied him on it without thinking about it. One of my friends replied "there's no crying in baseball"...out of nowhere Brooks replies and says: "Unless champagne burns your eyes. Grinder ball rule #162." :cool:

PaleHoseGeorge
10-18-2005, 12:02 PM
This is great. Maybe someone can tackle Homer next. The Iliad and Odyssey need to be rewritten. Give the charcters regular names - all those Greek names are too confusing.

Sisyphus was the very first Sox Fan. Rolling that stone up the hill for eternity...

:wink:

tebman
10-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Sisyphus was the very first Sox Fan. Rolling that stone up the hill for eternity...

:wink:

:rolling: I wrote the same thing to my mother and sister in North Carolina!

Makes a great symbol for long-time Sox fans!

getonbckthr
10-18-2005, 12:23 PM
the new version sucks. POLKA POLKA POLKA.:supernana:

SOX LA Mikey
10-18-2005, 12:36 PM
you got that right, it was awful

wanna hear something Awesome?
play Captian Stubby and behind it play this:
http://www.ultimatesoundarchive.com...?sound_iid=2732

It's an awesome '59 flashback even though I wasn't born for 3 more years
I can't stop playing them together

:bandance:

34 Inch Stick
10-18-2005, 02:09 PM
The new version sucks. The old one is bad but has been on ice for so long it has become quaint.

IIRC during Odyseus' voyage home a portion of his crew decided to stay in a place called Chicago and they became the founding members of the White Sox.

rdwj
10-18-2005, 02:21 PM
I really dislike the new one - leave the classic alone

Chicago
10-18-2005, 02:31 PM
you got that right, it was awful

wanna hear something Awesome?
play Captian Stubby and behind it play this:
http://www.ultimatesoundarchive.com...?sound_iid=2732 (http://www.ultimatesoundarchive.com.../?sound_iid=2732)

It's an awesome '59 flashback even though I wasn't born for 3 more years
I can't stop playing them together

:bandance:

Link isn't working for me???

and Where can i hear/find the new one???

skottyj242
10-18-2005, 02:39 PM
I heard the new one yesteday and I think it sucks. They guy describes it as Ramones meets Cheap Trick? *** does that mean?

my5thbench
10-18-2005, 02:41 PM
Mike North actually played that & 5 other new Sox tunes this am, a couple

were not good, one was sorta' a rap tune for old timers & was pretty cool,

best of all was atune about Ozzie to the tune of Copacabana, it was

hilarious!!

JohnBasedowYoda
10-18-2005, 02:44 PM
it's kinda hokey. but i like all the 'pep-rally' enthusiasm surround the sox

IronFisk
10-18-2005, 04:15 PM
I heard it...wish I didn't. Just leave it alone - love the hokey 50's sound!

If any song needs a re-do, it's Pall Mall's crusty version - but those lyrics ROCK!

BTW...XRT keeps playing "Weird Al"-like versions of rock classics with Sox lyrics. There have been a couple, but I can't remember.

eriqjaffe
10-18-2005, 04:31 PM
Link isn't working for me???Here's a TinyURL of that link:

http://tinyurl.com/ce28t

That one should work.

MillerSoxFan
10-18-2005, 05:19 PM
I love both versions. How can we get the new one? I googled Tadahito and the Iguchis and didn't come up with anything.