PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Sandberg asks Cubs fans to support the ChiSox...

tifosiv122
10-18-2005, 01:59 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AnytgLt.o5Mo0w2_C9HDj98RvLYF?slug=rs-whitesox101705&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

"I'm not saying that Cubs fans have to go out and buy Paul Konerko jerseys. However, we should have no reason to "hate" the White Sox.

I know Cubs fans are knowledgeable and they should be able to appreciate good baseball when they see it. The White Sox are playing good baseball and it should be appreciated by the entire city of Chicago."

He has picked us to win every series in the post-season, he's not just posing now.

Erik

MrRoboto83
10-18-2005, 02:17 AM
Sandberg has had our back all year. I believe he picked us to be a wild card winner back in spring training.

SSN721
10-18-2005, 05:56 AM
Its nice for him to be that supportive, but I couldnt care less if we had the support of Cubs fans. I know some will. I have a hard time saying it is bad if they dont because I would never support the Cubs if the situation was reversed. BUt it is nice to see Sandberg being so diplomatic.

RedHeadPaleHoser
10-18-2005, 07:06 AM
Its nice for him to be that supportive, but I couldnt care less if we had the support of Cubs fans. I know some will. I have a hard time saying it is bad if they dont because I would never support the Cubs if the situation was reversed. BUt it is nice to see Sandberg being so diplomatic.

Agreed. Actually, I'd rather they not. It's our park, you're not invited.:tongue:

KnightSox
10-18-2005, 07:49 AM
Wow!! support from Cub fans and maybe even Ronnie-woo-woo.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-18-2005, 08:57 AM
When Cindy Sandberg throws her support to the Sox, then I'll have learned something.

:wink:

Tragg
10-18-2005, 09:11 AM
I haven't lived in Chicago since the first 6 months of my life in 1957, but didn't all of this "It's a cubs town" start with the games on WGN and then when the media outlet bought the team, and it's a snowball situation perpetuated by the media? Prior to the 1980s, wasn't it 50/50 at worst really?
Their attendance is buoyed by non-real fans, but by people looking for something to do. Well, now that we have a product, and they don't, we may get some of the casuals to come to the southside.

Risk
10-18-2005, 09:24 AM
Agreed. Actually, I'd rather they not. It's our park, you're not invited.:tongue:

Snotty, exclusive, and utterly petty. I love it.:tongue: :D:

Risk

itsnotrequired
10-18-2005, 09:33 AM
I haven't lived in Chicago since the first 6 months of my life in 1957, but didn't all of this "It's a cubs town" start with the games on WGN and then when the media outlet bought the team, and it's a snowball situation perpetuated by the media? Prior to the 1980s, wasn't it 50/50 at worst really?
Their attendance is buoyed by non-real fans, but by people looking for something to do. Well, now that we have a product, and they don't, we may get some of the casuals to come to the southside.

Yep, pretty much 50-50. Sox had higher in the 1900s and 1910s, Cubs drew more in the 20s, 30s and 40s, Sox drew more in the 50s and 60s, Cubs more in the 70s and so on.

Blah, blah, blah...Sox are in the World Series.

bobowhite
10-18-2005, 09:43 AM
I think Sandberg is showing class by making this suggestion. Whether Cub fans will follow his lead is an open topic of discussion though. I know some who will and I know some who will root against the Sox and remind me of every last 'free round of drinks for every Marlins home run' sign they saw.

Deuce
10-18-2005, 10:24 AM
No offense, but I don't want a Cubs fan behind me. :wink:

SOXPHILE
10-18-2005, 11:26 AM
Well, it's not like he's going to say "To hell with the White Sox ! I hope they lose, and all Cub fans should feel the same way". I don't know or care if this is how he really feels or not. What he's doing is just showing class and being P.C. That's all. Personally, I don't want any Cub fans rooting for us. Go away. Root against us. Sit at home in your Carrie Woods jersey, clutching a copy of the "2003 Magical Season" book, rocking back and forth crying. Get mad and upset whenever they show a replay of the White Sox clincher on Sunday. Run around screaming "THIS SUCKS" as the Sox advance though the Series and hopefully win it all. Get that nauseous feeling in your stomachs when they have the parade/Grant Park pep rally. Go ahead and hate the White Sox and White Sox fans. Wallow in your misery. I'll be having too much fun to notice or care. Go away.

Mohoney
10-18-2005, 11:36 AM
I know Cubs fans are knowledgeable and they should be able to appreciate good baseball when they see it.

A big blow to his credibility here, don't you think?

The Dude
10-18-2005, 11:50 AM
When Cindy Sandberg throws her support to the Sox, then I'll have learned something.

:wink:

I hear the Sox are interested in pursuing Palmiero for next season.:wink:

DaleJRFan
10-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Cub or no Cub, love him or hate him, Sandberg is ALL class.

But I agree, support our Sox, but stay the **** away from our park. You have your own, and from what I understand there's lots of seats available... :redneck

MISoxfan
10-18-2005, 09:12 PM
A big blow to his credibility here, don't you think?

Not as big as when he said that Boston had better fielding than us because of Johnny Damon and when he said the Yanks had the pitching advantage over LAAA.

LuvSox
10-19-2005, 12:42 AM
No offense, but I don't want a Cubs fan behind me. :wink:

:kneeslap:

RedPinStripes
10-19-2005, 01:30 AM
I'm probably going to care less and less about some of the ass clown fans they have. Nothing they can say can get to me now. Any Sox fan out there can just let them yap stupidity as you sit back with a smirk and when you've had enough, all you have to say is. "We went to the World series." Hopefully in about a week and a half we can say. "We won the ****ing World Series!"

On our side or not, I don't care. We know and they know who the true Sox fans are.