PDA

View Full Version : NLCS Games 6 & 7

Viva Medias B's
10-17-2005, 10:56 PM
What will happen?

Chips
10-17-2005, 10:58 PM
Cards win game 6 by a score of 5-2. Then they win game 7 by a score of 1-0. Houston does what they do best when Clemens pitches, get shutout.

D. TODD
10-17-2005, 11:02 PM
As i stated in the game thread I really don't have a preference for a winner, but i would like to see a grueling 7 game series, with a long extra inning finale before either team comes to Chicago.

Fuller_Schettman
10-18-2005, 05:50 PM
I wish Houston had won last night to put them on equal footing with the Sox. If the Sox are going to be rusty Saturday night, I'd just as soon the Astros be too.

But now with Houston blowing Game 5, I think that was their shot. The series has turned and the Astros are toast.

PAPChiSox729
10-18-2005, 07:33 PM
'Stros in 6. Book it.

eastchicagosoxfan
10-18-2005, 08:12 PM
I think the Cards win it, in seven. I wonder if the Cardinals are a little too familiar with Brad Lidge, Houston's closer? I remember one of the coments last year, concerning the Red Sox's victory over the Yanks, was that they had seen Mariano Rivera so often, they learned to hit him. I know it was Puljos, but the Cards have put guys on base against Lidge in other games too. With the unbalanced schedule, the two teams are plenty familiar with one another. Good pithching should beat good hitting, but the Cards pitching is solid enough to scratch out two wins. And they can hit the Houston's closer.

34 Inch Stick
10-19-2005, 08:55 AM
Astros win tonight.

fquaye149
10-19-2005, 10:48 AM
It baffles me that people are predicting the Astros to lose this game. I'm not saying it's impossible for the Astros to lose this game, nor do I think the Cardinals are huge underdogs, but it just blows my mind that people are still unconvinced of the importance of pitching. Roy Oswalt is going today. The same Roy Oswalt who won 20 games this season and shut the Cardinals down in St. Louis in Game 2.

This Cardinals team does not have the pitching to be favored over the Astros nor has their hitting proven that they can outmash the Astros. Obviously it's baseball and anything can happen, but to me, to say the Astros will lose this game is like saying at the beginning of the season that the White Sox will finish third - it's assuming way too much - assuming that the Cardinals have excellent pitching like ESPN has fed us all year long (their pitching is actually quite mediocre), assuming the Cardinals bullpen isn't a problem spot (it's a HUGE problem spot), assuming that because Lidge blew a save in game 5 that he's not still the premiere closer in baseball.

The only thing that perplexes me more than picking the Cardinals to win this game is picking the Cardinals to win this game and LOSE game 7. I just don't understand the baseball minds on this site sometimes...

If the Astros are going to win, they're going to win tonight. That's what logic says. Obviously talk is cheap, but that doesn't mean some predictions aren't more valuable than others.

Deuce
10-19-2005, 11:35 AM
http://www.knbr.com/jimRome/graphics/jimRomeBurning.jpg

"Cards in seven... or not."

jehosaphat
10-19-2005, 01:13 PM
Who knows? When the series began I wanted Houston becasue I thought St. Louis had the most balanced, forminable team. Then, as I became more familiar with the Houston team, it dawned on me that they have been the dominant team in the NL for the last 75% of the season, and I worry about our beloved Sox bats going against their pitching. I don't think Houston can hit our pitching hard, but in the end we have to score at least 1 run a game. So, I started rooting for St. Louis, figuring our pitching and defense can shut them down and we can be counted on to hit their "better than average but not so great" pitching. So, here's to grueling, perhaps even injury inducing, games 6 & 7 - and a St. Louis winner. Unless I change my mind. I wish they would have sent us the Padres.

:?: