PDA

View Full Version : How enjoyable was the commute this morning?

Muopsies
10-17-2005, 10:55 PM
I'm out in the Bay Area and was listening to 1050 while going up 101 and they would play "Go Go White Sox" while doing Jon Miller's call then they would play Rooney's call and I had the absolute biggest smile on my face. They must've played it 10 times and I loved it each time. Then they talked about ND-Southern Cal and my mood somewhat soured.

Chips
10-17-2005, 11:11 PM
My commute was ****ing excellent.

StrTrkker
10-17-2005, 11:12 PM
Man...

I was flying soooo high I didnt even need a car.

batmanZoSo
10-17-2005, 11:22 PM
Oh man, just listening to the radio and waiting for the commercials for them to mention it. It's just too good. To me, every song I hear just sounds so much sweeter now. It just reminds me of the pure joy of last night and the joy to come.

WikdChiSoxFan
10-17-2005, 11:34 PM
Awesome...I stepped out the door at 5:30...3 1/2 hours of sleep after a long night of hootin and hollerin in the streets of bridgeport, watching the news and pinching myself over and over...

the best part is walking over to the bus stop and checking out the front page of all the newspapers...

i took one of everything this morning...beautiful...

and a short el ride later...I'm pinning up the covers in my cubicle next to all the others...

SoXPriDe33
10-17-2005, 11:38 PM
Yeah I got about 2 hours of sleep and got up to go to school. No one could say anything to get me down, heck I failed a spanish test (badly I might add) and it didn't really bother me. I wasn't even tired until i got to work tonight and then the drowsiness set it.

ChiSoxGirl
10-17-2005, 11:45 PM
For having only 2 1/2 hours of sleep, my commute went well. However, it was helped along greatly when I turned on The Loop because what was the first song I heard? THUNDERSTRUCK!!!! You better believe that was blasting and that I was rockin' out in my car at 6:30a!

Erik The Red
10-17-2005, 11:50 PM
The commute was great... all 5 minutes of it. :D:

batmanZoSo
10-17-2005, 11:58 PM
And what a beautiful day, too. The golden sun, the yellow, orange and green everywhere, the crackling leaves blowing across the street in the warm breeze. Maybe it was just my euphoric state, but this was one of the most beautiful days.

Foulke You
10-18-2005, 01:00 AM
And what a beautiful day, too. The golden sun, the yellow, orange and green everywhere, the crackling leaves blowing across the street in the warm breeze. Maybe it was just my euphoric state, but this was one of the most beautiful days.
And if you listen closely, the American League Championship flag flapping in the breeze!:D:

TDog
10-18-2005, 01:37 AM
I had to be cautious on my commute this morning because of icy roads. I easily could have lost control in the best of conditions when I heard ABC radio sports run the Rooney call from the end of Sunday's game. That call should be a keeper.

power98
10-18-2005, 08:52 AM
I honestly don't remember my commute yesterday (I know, senility setting in.) However, I had at least 5 people ask me why I was smiling like I was...

You'd think all of these Cub fans in Arizona would get a clue. I mean, every once in a while they interrupt regular programming to show the White Sox winning another game in October.... :whiner: