PDA

View Full Version : How will you pass the time?

WinOrDyeTrying
10-17-2005, 08:53 PM
Well, 5 days until the World Series makes its rightful home in the south side of Chicago. That day will be glorious for Sox fans everywhere. The only problem, what the hell are we all going to do until then? Heres a short list of things I will be doing to pass the time.

-Think about the Sox as American League champions
-Hope the Sox will be world champions.
-Be slightly smug about the Sox being one of only 2 teams left in baseball
-Post on WSI
-Think of Cubune conspiracies
-Party like its 1917

Whats you're game plan?

zach23
10-17-2005, 09:03 PM
Going insane watching the time tick by.

halfpricemonday
10-17-2005, 09:06 PM
- Enjoy wearing my Sox cap for the 200th consecutive day
- Think about going down to Grandstand to pick up a new Sox cap
- Call Grandstand and find out if they have the new Sox caps in stock
- Buy a new AL Champion Sox cap

I'm a pretty simple guy. :smile:

whitesoxwilkes
10-17-2005, 09:06 PM
Get rid of this cold I've been trying to kill for 2 weeks. All the booze and lack of sleep have been keeping me from doing so...not that I'm complaining.

Daver
10-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Get my shop ready for winter production, I have ten chassis orders already, and they are still racing down south, so I expect that to grow.

MarySwiss
10-17-2005, 09:09 PM
If it was possible to sleep through the week, that'd be my choice. But since it isn't, I plan to work out at LA Fitness whenever I can in a feeble attempt to rid my body of all the alcohol I consumed this past weekend--in order to make room for all the alcohol I will be consuming this coming weekend!

:cool:

credefan24
10-17-2005, 09:09 PM
I'll play alot of Madden 06, MLB, and think about Cubune conspiracies!! LOL.

Mainly, catch up on some much needed sleep! These past few weeks have taken alot out of me!

slobes
10-17-2005, 10:54 PM
Start sleeping some more finally, and probably play alotta MVP Baseball, imagining that I'm actually playing with the White Sox. I had an old season all the way up into September, but it got deleted :angry: , so I gotta start from Day 1 again

mike squires
10-17-2005, 10:59 PM
PLayed some basketball at the church. I may look fit and feel pretty good, but the running wore me out and I realize just cuase I lift weights and do some cardio doesn't mean I"m prepared for basketball.

I'd like to read another book. Just finished Piper's.

Continue going to the gym about every other day.

Write a new song and play some guitar.

Clean house like a mad man (i do it out of anxiety)

Spend time with my little girl.

batmanZoSo
10-17-2005, 11:08 PM
I remember an old SNL commercial for Hibernol--the pill that helps you sleep through the entire flu season. I want some of that..maybe a half a one and wake up Saturday around 5:30. :cool:

Unregistered
10-17-2005, 11:10 PM
I'm going to re-enact all the highlights from Sox games of the season with Lego men. Then maybe I'll start a blog. What? Did someone do that before? :?:

Chisox003
10-17-2005, 11:11 PM
Try to raise my recently plumetting grades.......

This is once in a lifetime .... There's no time for school these days :wink:

SweetnesSox
10-17-2005, 11:13 PM
Get my shop ready for winter production, I have ten chassis orders already, and they are still racing down south, so I expect that to grow. what kind of shop?

RealMenWearBlack
10-17-2005, 11:14 PM
Homework and a few exams :angry:

Joosh
10-17-2005, 11:24 PM
I need to do a little catch-up on my homework, and not having a commitment to watching the Sox every night, it should be fairly easy. I have a little bit of a difficult week ahead for me, what with a couple of tests, plus I need to do my fair bit of research for my Extra Curricular Economics project.

I also promised all of my Choir brethren from my old school that I would come up and visit for their concert tomorrow, which I was considering blowing off if the Sox were playing tomorrow. So, I'll be fairly busy...

But that wont limit me from doing my fair share of celebrating and gloating this week.

batmanZoSo
10-17-2005, 11:24 PM
what kind of shop?
Um, a chassis shop? :cool:

SoxSpeed22
10-17-2005, 11:59 PM
Workin' my ass off like usual. And plotting on how to school everyone in our fantasy NBA game.:redneck

chisoxfanatic
10-18-2005, 09:47 AM
Get rid of this cold I've been trying to kill for 2 weeks. All the booze and lack of sleep have been keeping me from doing so...not that I'm complaining.

You too?! If it isn't a painful sore throat, like I had all this past weekend, it's mass quantities of phlegm down my throat and a stuffy feeling in my sinusses...sometimes both. I've even done things like eating lots of soups and drinking tons of chamomile tea. And I only had a couple of drinks all weekend at Puffers.

What will I be doing?

I will be catching up on the z's that I have lost over the course of the last couple of weeks. I actually went to bed at 10:30ish last night! I'll also be watching Comcast Sports Net Chicago for continuing Sox coverage. But, most importantly, I will spend more time talking with my boyfriend, whom I've put on the back burner lately. :(:

SOXPHILE
10-18-2005, 11:59 AM
-Say over and over to myself "The White Sox are in the World Series"

-Relax and not have that nervous feeling in my stomach about tonight's game

-sit back and calmly enjoy the rest of the Cardinals-Astros series. I really want St.Louis to win and will be cheering them on, but it the Astros win, well, alright. Good for them. What's most important is that the White Sox are in the World Series

-Keep telling myself that the White Sox really are in the World Series

-Make plans to go out with my friends Thursday and Friday without worrying or wondering how we can plan it around the White Sox game, because the White Sox are already in the World Series.

SSN721
10-18-2005, 01:41 PM
Gonna catch up on a pile of movies I have borrowed but have not watched yet due to baseball. Learnign the guitar so that will take up some time. WOrk out a bit to try to work off my frustration at no baseball. Maybe crack open one of the 10-15 Xbox games I havent even opened yet and start playing. Catch up on everything the Sox have put on hold for the last seven months......at least for a few days. :D:

Baby Fisk
10-18-2005, 01:42 PM
Batman Begins is out on DVD today, my babies. :cool:

pdimas
10-18-2005, 01:55 PM
1. Watch Eight Men Out

2. Start planning this week's tailgate

3. Work on three new cd's for this weekend 1. Game type music 2. Southern Rock 3. Classic Rock

4. Buy White Sox Canopy tent

5. Post pictures to this site from the last four home games (my apologies to Hangar, Longshot, and Pulaski - ive been too busy with work to get them up)

XplodingScorbord
10-18-2005, 02:03 PM
1. Sit on Ticketmaster.com, waiting for tickets to go on sale

2. Watch as "your wait is 3 minutes" becomes "your wait is 41 minutes"

3. Curse ticketmaster and all they stand for.

Stroker Ace
10-18-2005, 02:06 PM
Go to class

Play Madden 06

Work on magazine layout

LOSE MY MIND WAITING!!!!!!!

pdimas
10-18-2005, 02:11 PM
and sit around watching Batman Begins in my Batman underoos while eating Frankenberry Cereal (thank you target) :rolleyes:

tebman
10-18-2005, 02:19 PM
http://www.terapanthonline.com/preksha/images/sitting/padmasan.gif"...ommm...the White Sox are in the World Series...ommm..."

MiamiSpartan
10-20-2005, 01:19 AM
Put shutters on the house, and clean the patio of all potential flying debris waiting for Wilma to come a knockin'...make sure my battery powered TV is ready in case we lose power I can still watch the game!

putherawaywet
10-20-2005, 01:54 AM
like everyone else - pleasuring myself with thoughts of future **** jennie selasko or whatever the hell her name is :bandance:

gaelhound
10-20-2005, 01:58 AM
- Enjoy wearing my Sox cap for the 200th consecutive day
- Think about going down to Grandstand to pick up a new Sox cap
- Call Grandstand and find out if they have the new Sox caps in stock
- Buy a new AL Champion Sox cap

I'm a pretty simple guy. :smile:
Simple?, Hell you are gifted! If you had two heads you could fill up the time quite nicely!

Coolpapa
10-20-2005, 06:14 AM
Talk to my wife