PDA

View Full Version : Heads held high?

StockdaleForVeep
10-17-2005, 08:58 PM
Am i the only one who, since this, have felt a weird sense of community pride wherever i go and the "holding your head high" feeling when walking down a sidewalk wearin your jersey or other sox gear?

If this is what yankee fans have felt for the past century i wont complain, hell, i think it cured my depression

antitwins13
10-17-2005, 10:55 PM
I always wear my Sox stuff with head held high win or lose because I know Sox fans are the greatest fans in the world.

batmanZoSo
10-17-2005, 11:00 PM
It's annoying that every other person I see is wearing a Sox hat. Two days ago, this was not the case. You're not a real fan, take it off.

SOecks
10-17-2005, 11:05 PM
For me, the true testament was during the so called "choke" period. I wore my Sox hat and shirts more than normal and took a bunch of crap because of it. They are my team win or lose and now I'm glad that I supported them when things were going bad. However, I won't begrudge anyone who is buying/wearing new Sox gear. I would hope as many people as possible can feel as happy as I/we do right now about this team. Call them bandwagon jumpers but I choose to think of them as new members of our family here.

SOecks
10-17-2005, 11:07 PM
And to the original poster, yes it does feel great to wear my nasty, old, stinky 1983 Sox hat around town with my head held high. And despite requests from my wife I will NOT put it in the washing machine. :tongue:

wdelaney72
10-17-2005, 11:16 PM
I have one of the Sox warm-up jackets, which I basically use as a fall / spring coat. Last week I received countless "Go Sox" cheers from complete strangers. Bandwagoners? Yes, they are, but let's be honest. Many Sox fans (including people on this site) are always pointing out that we get no love. You can't have it both ways. Now the love is pouring in. Personally, I don't care of it's bandwagoners or not. This team is getting a lot of love and they deserve it. I for one am taking a huge amount of enjoyment in that.

... and yes, I had a little bit of an extra bounce in my step today. Man, it feels great to experience winning baseball in October.

SweetnesSox
10-18-2005, 12:11 AM
I always wear my Sox stuff with head held high win or lose because I know Sox fans are the greatest fans in the world. yes but now everyone else knows it :D: