PDA

View Full Version : Still Soaking It In

hold2dibber
10-17-2005, 07:53 PM
It has been about 21 hours and I'm still on cloud 9 -- the Sox are going to the World Series. Something I've dreamed about for 30 years, trying to imagine what it would feel like to reach that rarified air.

To not be the second fiddle anymore - when I talk to people from out of town now, they ask about the Sox.

To be at Sox Park for a home playoff game with the crowd going nuts.

To hear John Rooney screaming that the Sox are AL champs and heading for the WS.

To see people on the train, on the streets, at the park, at the store, all wearing Sox hats, shirts coats, etc.

To have the Sox on the front page of the paper everyday.

To cheer for a team that never gives up, filled with egoless "no names" that aren't fazed by criticism or doubters, but just show up every night and play as hard as they can, every time.

To hear my Dad, fighting back tears, saying he had given up and stopped hoping and dreaming of a WS in his lifetime, only to have 60 years of frustration wiped away and replaced with pure joy.

Hopefully, it's not over yet and we'll all have more fantastic memories and thrills in the next two weeks. What a year, what weekend, what a team.

Go Sox!

AntoneSmith2
10-17-2005, 08:42 PM
Its amazing.

I still have to pinch myself.

rwcescato
10-17-2005, 09:14 PM
Its amazing.

I still have to pinch myself.

I have been in a daze for most of the day. It still has not sunk in yet. I have a smile on my face and it won't go away. I wish my dad was still alive to see this. I am glad that my nieces ages 9 and 10 were up to see it. They got to see there dad and 2 uncles jump and cheer and act like kids again. What a fantastic feeling!!!! Four more wins to go and we will have the ultimate prize.
GO SOX!!!!!!!
Rich:supernana:

DVsoxfan
10-17-2005, 09:52 PM
Hasnt sunk in for me....im still in shock. I remember saturday night talking with friends about how there was no way contreras would throw a 4th complete game....wow im glad we were wrong. I dont think it will really set in until game 1 of the ws

antitwins13
10-17-2005, 09:53 PM
I'm still in shock. It probably won't sink in till the series starts up.

Professor
10-17-2005, 09:56 PM
I agree. It really hasn't sunk in...I think subconsciously I want to savor this as long as I can.

sthbndsox
10-17-2005, 09:57 PM
I've been telling myself forever that I would go completely nuts if the Sox went to the world series. I was going nuts through the entire game, and the entire series for that matter. But after the game I just kind of sat there. Don't get me wrong I was as happy as I've been in as long as i can remember, but I just wasn't jumping around and screaming like I though I would be. I know for a fact it'll be different in the world series though.

TornLabrum
10-17-2005, 10:14 PM
When Konerko made that final putout, I whooped and high fived Jeff. Then we spent until about midnight just channel surfing, taking it all in. I had this stupid looking smile on my face all day, and everybody knew exactly why. A few students who were Cubs fans tried to rain on my parade, but I pretty much ignored them.

After work I headed towards Grandstand. They were out of any AL Championship articles, but I did pick up some ALCS gear, including a nice polo shirt I'll be wearing to work tomorrow, still smiling, no doubt. Jeff flew to Vegas today, so I picked up a couple of things for him and for Mrs. Labrum, too.

I just kind of feel like I'm walking on air. It's a great feeling, one I haven't had since I was nine years old, and I love it!

slobes
10-17-2005, 10:47 PM
I've been walking around in a state of euphoria for the past 24 hours. Thought it was an average day, I've been walking around in an abnormally happy mood.

mike squires
10-17-2005, 11:37 PM
I've been telling myself forever that I would go completely nuts if the Sox went to the world series. I was going nuts through the entire game, and the entire series for that matter. But after the game I just kind of sat there. Don't get me wrong I was as happy as I've been in as long as i can remember, but I just wasn't jumping around and screaming like I though I would be. I know for a fact it'll be different in the world series though.

I hear exactly what you are saying. I flet that way the entire series. Maybe it was the Angels, maybe the announcers...I don't know...But I felt bad for not being all excited like I was for the Boston series. I hope the series will be different for me. I hate feeling this way. do't get me wrong...I'm thrilled, but I'm not showing the emotion I thought I would be.

chisoxfanatic
10-18-2005, 09:28 AM
I'm *still* in shock two days after OUR SOX WON A TICKET TO THE WORLD SERIES!!! I just do not know what October Soxess is all about!

The Bulls of the 90s made me feel good inside; however, I like the Sox more than the Bulls, so this is even more incredible! All the pain and suffering us Sox fans have had to go through...It would be right for our team to win this whole friggen thing.

I probably will cry more than I did when my family sang "happy birthday" to me for my fourth birthday!

soxfan26
10-18-2005, 09:55 AM
I agree. It really hasn't sunk in...

I'm right with you. I think it will hit me like a wave when they introduce the Sox before game 1.

rmusacch
10-18-2005, 09:58 AM
I have been in a daze for most of the day. It still has not sunk in yet. I have a smile on my face and it won't go away. I wish my dad was still alive to see this. I am glad that my nieces ages 9 and 10 were up to see it. They got to see there dad and 2 uncles jump and cheer and act like kids again. What a fantastic feeling!!!! Four more wins to go and we will have the ultimate prize.
GO SOX!!!!!!!
Rich:supernana:

I just kept saying holy ****, holy **** yesterday and the night before.

rmusacch
10-18-2005, 09:59 AM
I'm right with you. I think it will hit me like a wave when they introduce the Sox before game 1.

It is going to be incredible Saturday night. I am up in Section 554, a little afraid as I think the upper deck will be swaying :)