PDA

View Full Version : Houston not selling tickets. thru ticketmaster

soxwon
10-17-2005, 08:42 PM
It seems you had to sign up for a lottery, then they would select at random entries.
winners were notified yesterday.
no sales thru ticketmaster.
What a ripoff!!!

mike squires
10-17-2005, 11:54 PM
This might actually be a better method. I'm pretty sure the Cards ate doing the same thing. I wonder why it's different for us...

Banix12
10-18-2005, 12:22 AM
It's a better method. When you sell it through Ticketmaster you just have a mad scramble for tickets when they go on sale and huge chunks usually get bought up by brokers, no matter what kind of cap you put on the amount one individual can purchase.

At least this ensures that the fans have just as good a shot at the tickets as the brokers do. The team sees the same amount of money regardless of who buys them so they might as well try to even the playing field and distrubute in a more orderly fashion.

Also, no Ticketmaster service fees, which is always a plus.

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-18-2005, 08:30 AM
The Cardinals' system was pretty neat. I signed up for the lottery just for the heck of it and actually got selected. I was able to order 2 tickets in a window from 9 AM to 5 PM last Saturday. I didn't even get the chance to order tickets until 2 hours after they went on sale, yet I still got some pretty nice seats.

HotelWhiteSox
10-18-2005, 12:30 PM
I would like this better. **** ticketmaster and their service fees and website errors coming after waiting 45 minutes and you select tickets