PDA

View Full Version : Guarantee yourself WS Tix by buying 2006 Season Tix

Pages : [1] 2

Damer
10-17-2005, 03:43 PM
From the Tribune:

Guaranteed SOX Series tickets -- with a catch

Published October 17, 2005

The White Sox announced Monday that they would guarantee tickets to any of the four World Series games scheduled for U.S. Cellular Field -- if the buyer puts down a deposit for 2006 season tickets.

Individual tickets for the Series go on sale at noon Tuesday.

Here's the way press release phrased it:

"Fans wishing to guarantee a seat for the 2005 World Series can make a deposit on 2006 White Sox season tickets and then purchase 2005 World Series tickets. A 50 percent deposit on the 2006 tickets is required. "

For information, contact the White Sox sales department at 312-674-1000. The team said the offer ends at 11 a.m. tomorrow or while supplies last.

Settembrini
10-17-2005, 03:55 PM
My dad and I just split 2006 season tickets - now we get 2 WS tickets for each game. Supposedly lower box.

Pulaski
10-17-2005, 04:04 PM
I had friends do the same. Section 160, Row 5.

Rocky Soprano
10-17-2005, 04:09 PM
Full Season?

DSpivack
10-17-2005, 04:11 PM
Full Season?

An 81-game plan or either 27-game plan, from what I understand.

ChiWavDave
10-17-2005, 04:24 PM
An 81-game plan or either 27-game plan, from what I understand.

I've been emailing with them all day (the WhiteSox sales dept) its only for the 81 Game the wording is confusing. You get access to 1 game of the 2006 World Series if you buy the 27 game plan for next year, not this years world series. that only works on the 81..

DSpivack
10-17-2005, 04:25 PM
I've been emailing with them all day (the WhiteSox sales dept) its only for the 81 Game the wording is confusing. You get access to 1 game of the 2006 World Series if you buy the 27 game plan for next year, not this years world series. that only works on the 81..

Ah, that is confusing. Thanks for the clarification.

MUsoxfan
Anybody have $10,000 they can give me?:cool:

salty99
they shoudl make their info more clear. I was just trying to call them and all the lines are busy. It looks the Cell will be a little more full next year.

credefan24
10-17-2005, 04:40 PM
Where on the website does it say you have to buy the 81 game plan for W/S tickets this year? Ahhh, Im so confused!

When I called, the girl on the phone answer, "2005 American League Champion Chicago White Sox." Music to my ears. Anyways, why is their website all confusing?

ChiWavDave
10-17-2005, 04:43 PM
Where on the website does it say you have to buy the 81 game plan for W/S tickets this year? Ahhh, Im so confused!

When I called, the girl on the phone answer, "2005 American League Champion Chicago White Sox." Music to my ears. Anyways, why is their website all confusing?

Here's the body of the email I received from the WhiteSox Sales Rep

The information in that packet pertains to 2006 postseason tickets. The offer you are referring to is for 2005 World Series tickets if you purchase a full season of 2006 tickets.

Hope that Helps

credefan24
10-17-2005, 04:44 PM
Thank you Dave!

Daver
Anyways, why is their website all confusing?

Because West did not design it.

gobears1987
This is good. It means Paulie will likely be staying here next year.:gulp:

Pulaski
10-17-2005, 04:51 PM
Anybody have $10,000 they can give me?:cool:

You can get some of the less expensive seats and won't even cost that much.

2006 SEASON PRICES PER SEAT range from $952 - $3,058.
https://secure.mlb.com/cws/images/trans.gif

Ol' No. 2
10-17-2005, 04:52 PM
You can get some of the less expensive seats and won't even cost that much.

2006 SEASON PRICES PER SEAT
https://secure.mlb.com/cws/images/trans.gif
Seat LocationHit and RunDouble Play PlanSplit Season SavingsFull SeasonFull Season SavingsPrem Club LevelN/AN/Ahttps://secure.mlb.com/images/trans.gif $3,058 $891/seatClub LevelN/AN/Ahttps://secure.mlb.com/images/trans.gif $2,896 $810/seatPremium Lower BoxN/AN/Ahttps://secure.mlb.com/images/trans.gif $2,977 $891/seatLower Box$843 $866 $108/seat$2,410 $405/seatLower Reserved$735 $758 $108/seat$2,086 $405/seatBleachers$681 $704 $135/seat$1,924 $486/seatPrem Upper Box (1-6)$546 $569 $108/seat$1,519 $405/seatUpper Box (7-21)$465 $488 $108/seat$1,276 $405/seatUpper ReservedN/AN/Ahttps://secure.mlb.com/images/trans.gif $952 $405/seatThanks for clearing that up.:o:

C-Dawg
10-17-2005, 04:55 PM
You get access to 1 game of the 2006 World Series if you buy the 27 game plan for next year, not this years world series. that only works on the 81..

Wow I would be all over this if I could buy a Weekend package and get 2005 WS tickets. I could swing 27 games, but not 81 (have to get up too early).

I need to move to Bridgeport so I can walk to the games!

Pulaski
10-17-2005, 04:56 PM
Thanks for clearing that up.:o:

I had to state the facts. People always exaggerate about ticket prices.

If you don't have season tickets now (which gave you Worldd Series tickets) and want to go to the World Series, I think the Sox are offering a great promotion to get the "real" fans in the game and at the same time build there growing Season Ticket Holder base. $952 for a season packge is pretty reasonable.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Anyone have a number to the season ticket office (or a their own ticket representative) - the general line has been busy for over 1 hour. Thanks.

Palehose13
10-17-2005, 06:42 PM
So what's the deal? I have a deposit on a 27 game plan, but my dad called and said that he would split a full plan with me depending on the World Series tickets.

Does anyone know how many tickets to how many of THIS year's WS games would I get if I put my deposit down on full season tickets?

Palehose13
10-17-2005, 06:44 PM
Anyone have a number to the season ticket office (or a their own ticket representative) - the general line has been busy for over 1 hour. Thanks.

When I called my rep directly I got the "all circuits are busy now" message.

The Dude
10-17-2005, 06:59 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20051017&content_id=1253136&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

I guess they're doing it online too due to the large call volume.

Due to high call demand, deposits for 2006 Chicago White Sox season tickets now are being accepted online at whitesox.com (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/index.jsp). Fans who purchase 2006 full season ticket plans also can purchase 2005 World Series tickets

Palehose13
10-17-2005, 07:02 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20051017&content_id=1253136&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

I guess they're doing it online too due to the large call volume.

Due to high call demand, deposits for 2006 Chicago White Sox season tickets now are being accepted online at whitesox.com (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/index.jsp). Fans who purchase 2006 full season ticket plans also can purchase 2005 World Series tickets

Unfortunately, the questions that I have are still not answered. If I only get 2 tickets to one game, I'll stick with my 27 game plan. However, if I can get more I'll probably buy the full plan with my dad.

salty99
10-17-2005, 07:03 PM
if you buy 2 full season plans you will get to buy 2 world series tickets for all 4 games.

Palehose13
10-17-2005, 07:04 PM
if you buy 2 full season plans you will get to buy 2 world series tickets for all 4 games.

Thanks!

CPditka
10-17-2005, 07:13 PM
If you buy the 27 game plan, can you get tickets to all 4 series games?

This seems like a great idea, I have been trying to get thru via phone since 5 when I heard about it. Thanks in advance for the help!

Palehose13
10-17-2005, 07:25 PM
If you buy the 27 game plan, can you get tickets to all 4 series games?

This seems like a great idea, I have been trying to get thru via phone since 5 when I heard about it. Thanks in advance for the help!

No. You need to buy the 81 game plan in order to get tickets to this year's WS.
If you buy the 27 game plan you get tickets to 1 game of the 2006 world series.

Jerko
10-17-2005, 07:31 PM
MY buddies just did the upgrade. We had the weekend plan for years, so we automatically got tickets for game 2 of this year's series. If you buy the ENTIRE SEASON next year, you get tickets for every game of this years World Series. So, you have to pay (half up front) for an entire season next year, and you have to pay for the 4 WS games too. So, a 28 dollar ticket (for example) x 41 (half year) = 1148, plus the 560 for the 4 WS games, = 1708 now, plus the other 1148 when next year starts. Your total: 2856. I already have game 2 from being a split holder this year; I think I'll take my chance with stubhub for game 1. I hope I can get one for less than $2856. Take into account also that you're now paying full price for Mondays and Tuesdays, and if you can't get rid of some tickets (I know I can't make EVERY game), you lose out on those too. Take that for what it's worth. One more thing: the upgrade means your seat will be moved too; my buddies went from lower reserve to bleachers and are no longer going to be sitting together as of next season. Take all that into account if you're thinking about this. It's probably easier if you don't already have an exisiting plan.

jabrch
10-17-2005, 07:42 PM
So...I signed on, on the internet for a full season of lower box seats...

Now does that guarantee me lower box seats for the WS? It does say "while supplies last" and we know how limited supply really is. Will they call me tomorrow and tell me they have no lower box tickets left for the WS? I hope not...that's the draw for the deal right now...

Hmmmmm

jabrch
10-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Can their phones really still be busy? It has been 4 hours...

gf2020
10-17-2005, 07:48 PM
This is really a great, exciting thing. I can't wait to see the crowds next year and hopefully, all of this means more revenue to put back into the team.

I want me my Paul Konerko at 1B come opening day.

billnahorodny
10-17-2005, 07:48 PM
Can their phones really still be busy? It has been 4 hours...

I'm seeing the same thing! I put a smaller deposit down on a full season plan a couple of weeks ago and am trying to reach my ticket rep to take advantage of this plan. What time did they announce this? Has anyone gotten through recently (after 5)?

Jerko
10-17-2005, 07:49 PM
Here's the email I just read:

Are you interested in upgrading to full season tickets? If so, now is the time to do it! We would like to extend a limited time offer for you to purchase tickets to all four potential World Series games at U.S. Cellular Field.
A small number of tickets have been returned to us from Major League Baseball, therefore we only have a limited number of tickets available in the lower and club level seating areas.

The number of World Series ticket strips available for purchase must match the number of 2006 Full Season Tickets that you upgrade too (limit 8 World Series ticket strips). All 2006 Season locations will be assigned on a first come, first served basis and World Series ticket strips will be available while supplies last. Please note a 50% non-refundable deposit is due for the full season tickets. You will be invoiced for the remaining 50%. Full payment is due for the World Series ticket strips.

If you are interested, please contact your sales representative. Again, there are a limited number of tickets and a short time frame to take advantage of this offer.

Sincerely,

Chicago White Sox

Pulaski
10-17-2005, 07:54 PM
My friend said he called 100 times and no luck. He even has been calling my ticket rep via his direct number. A lot of people must be calling to get Season packages so they get World Series Tickets.

I saw Brooks Boyer on the Channel 5 news at 5:00 pm talking about the offer. It is a great promotion.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-17-2005, 08:42 PM
I put my order in online - the people who said they did this earlier - did someone call or email them?

This message appeared

White Sox New Season Tickets Deposit Form

Thank you for placing a deposit on season tickets for the White Sox 2006 regular season. A ticket account executive will contact you shortly to discuss the details of your order.

after I placed the order. I just hope this goes through and I have some input on section before the order is finalized. That of course and World Series tickets.

Please reply if anyone did this online today and recieved a response. Thanks

bayzbol44
10-17-2005, 08:44 PM
I just got through...But they said they are closed. :mad:

clogoodie
10-17-2005, 08:48 PM
OK, so from reading through this thread, this appears to be the correct information. Please correct me if it is not.

Buy 2006 Season Tickets - You will be allowed to purchase 2005 World Series tickets for all 4 WS games...# of tickets purchased must match # of season tickets purchased.

Buy 2006 Partial Plan (27 Games) - Nothing as far as 2005 WS. Like all other season ticket holders though, you'd get the opportunity to buy some tickets for the 2006 Playoffs.

Finally, I'm guessing that to take advantage of this, you'd have to submit before noon when the WS tickets are released to the public. Fair assumption?

gf2020
10-17-2005, 08:56 PM
Finally, I'm guessing that to take advantage of this, you'd have to submit before noon when the WS tickets are released to the public. Fair assumption?

I believe the deal ends at 11 a.m.

billnahorodny
10-17-2005, 09:06 PM
I got through about a half hour ago...talked to my rep and I'm all set for all four games. Although he said tickets are in the upper deck. Lower and Club are for existing season ticket holders only.

HITMEN OF 77
10-17-2005, 09:17 PM
I got through about a half hour ago...talked to my rep and I'm all set for all four games. Although he said tickets are in the upper deck. Lower and Club are for existing season ticket holders only.

No bleacher seats left?

SouthSide_HitMen
10-17-2005, 09:20 PM

Sounds like they will need to work round the clock to get these orders done. I sure hope they do because my order is in. I thought about it mid season but didn't pull the trigger. I ended up going to many of the games anyway (some for free some not).

Hopefully they will have a good 2006 and we can do it again!!!

Go White Sox!!!

pearso66
10-17-2005, 09:37 PM
So let me get this right, If i buy 2 seats for season tickets in upper deck reserved, I get 2 tickets for all 4 world series games this year? Do I get any selection on my season tickets? or do they at least give me the best available at the time i buy them? Does anyone know if I did this and they didnt have World Series tickets (it states they may not be available), would i be able to back out of the season tickets?

MrRoboto83
10-17-2005, 09:47 PM
Sounds like they will need to work round the clock to get these orders done. I sure hope they do because my order is in. I thought about it mid season but didn't pull the trigger. I ended up going to many of the games anyway (some for free some not).

Hopefully they will have a good 2006 and we can do it again!!!

Go White Sox!!!

I also put my order in, have they contacted you yet, I wonder how long this will take?

SouthSide_HitMen
10-17-2005, 09:53 PM
I also put my order in, have they contacted you yet, I wonder how long this will take?

I am assuming if anyone is still there this evening they are working through the big in box created today.

My guess is they will get the approximate count of deposits accepted tomorrow morning and block those tickets out and then process the orders after the noon sale is over.

I hope they realize I am 3-0 this playoff season in the lower deck and 0-1 in the upper deck and allocate my order accordingly :smile: .

ChicagoHoosier
10-17-2005, 09:56 PM

Do you know where your UD seats will be? Or just that you have tickets to all four games and they'll be somwhere in the UD?

MrRoboto83
10-17-2005, 09:59 PM
I am assuming if anyone is still there this evening they are working through the big in box created today.

My guess is they will get the approximate count of deposits accepted tomorrow morning and block those tickets out and then process the orders after the noon sale is over.

I hope they realize I am 3-0 this playoff season in the lower deck and 0-1 in the upper deck and allocate more order accordingly :smile: .

I am also 3-0 in the playoffs, although all in the upper deck. I was 8-1 during the regular season all in the lower deck. The only loss coming from a 16 inning affair with Minnesota.

My pocket book has never felt so punished, but who cares right?? I am going to the SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEBODY HIT ME!!

rhill72
10-17-2005, 10:00 PM

I put an order in about 1 1/2 hours ago via the internet. Havent got the call from the rep as of yet. Supposedly the deal ends tomorrow at 11:00 am. I would think that they would want to fill every order that they can. Not sure where these tickets are coming from? Possibly part of the ticketmaster lot? If that is the case I would assume that they would fill every order for season tickets just to lock us in for next year. I am hoping for the best. Will be using my phone as a pillow tonight. It would be nice to at least know if they are still working. If anyone gets a call please post to let us know they are still in the office.

Jerko
10-17-2005, 10:19 PM
I just hope nobody gets the old "we're out of WS tickets, thanks for your 2006 Season ticket order" treatment! Good luck to all who put their orders in!!!!!!!! I may just "hope" I can find a reasonable ticket for game one. One that costs less than a full season would be nice!

wdelaney72
10-17-2005, 10:22 PM
World Series Victory = Return Of Paul Konerko

This is a great promotion.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-17-2005, 10:24 PM
I just hope nobody gets the old "we're out of WS tickets, thanks for your 2006 Season ticket order" treatment! Good luck to all who put their orders in!!!!!!!! I may just "hope" I can find a reasonable ticket for game one. One that costs less than a full season would be nice!

They can't do that. Here is the fine print:

Terms and Conditions:
You hereby agree that in consideration of purchasing tickets to each potential Chicago White Sox 2005 World Series home game at U.S. Cellular Field (location of tickets shall be determined by CWS in its sole discretion) (the “World Series Tickets”), you agree to purchase the number of 2006 full season tickets selected below (limit 8 tickets) (and hereby agree to pay a fifty percent non-refundable deposit), at the location determined by Chicago White Sox (the “Season Tickets”). You understand that, upon charge of your credit card for the deposit and such charge of your credit card has been authorized by the applicable network, the sale of the World Series Tickets to you is final, and you are obligated to pay the remaining fifty percent balance due on the Season Tickets and that you are not entitled to a refund for any reason.
By providing your credit card number below, you hereby authorize Chicago White Sox to charge your credit card a fifty percent non-refundable deposit of the full cost of the Season Tickets as well as the full price of the World Series Tickets.
You acknowledge that, as World Series tickets are limited, your offer to purchase Season Tickets and World Series Tickets may or may not be accepted by Chicago White Sox, in its discretion. Your order is not accepted until you have been contacted by an account executive, your credit card has been charged and the charge of your credit card has been authorized by the applicable network.

Scotty347
10-17-2005, 10:27 PM
My ticket rep just sent me an e-mail 10 minutes ago. They are burning the midnight oil.

Jerko
10-17-2005, 10:28 PM

Terms and Conditions:
You hereby agree that in consideration of purchasing tickets to each potential Chicago White Sox 2005 World Series home game at U.S. Cellular Field (location of tickets shall be determined by CWS in its sole discretion) (the “World Series Tickets”), you agree to purchase the number of 2006 full season tickets selected below (limit 8 tickets) (and hereby agree to pay a fifty percent non-refundable deposit), at the location determined by Chicago White Sox (the “Season Tickets”). You understand that, upon charge of your credit card for the deposit and such charge of your credit card has been authorized by the applicable network, the sale of the World Series Tickets to you is final, and you are obligated to pay the remaining fifty percent balance due on the Season Tickets and that you are not entitled to a refund for any reason.
By providing your credit card number below, you hereby authorize Chicago White Sox to charge your credit card a fifty percent non-refundable deposit of the full cost of the Season Tickets as well as the full price of the World Series Tickets.
You acknowledge that, as World Series tickets are limited, your offer to purchase Season Tickets and World Series Tickets may or may not be accepted by Chicago White Sox, in its discretion. Your order is not accepted until you have been contacted by an account executive, your credit card has been charged and the charge of your credit card has been authorized by the applicable network.

Cool. Well good luck to you guys. My buddy heard from his rep between 6:30 and 7 so hopefully those of you who haven't heard anything get the word first thing tomorrow.

dllrbll7
10-17-2005, 10:32 PM

Terms and Conditions:

My confirmation letter stated Lower Box or Club level, not sure if thats because i did it at 1pm or if its because i had a 9game plan that i upgraded. I cant believe i am now a season ticket holder!

soxwon
10-17-2005, 10:45 PM
so this means EVEN fewer tickets available tommorow!!!

Great!!!

Scotty347
10-17-2005, 10:47 PM
so this means EVEN fewer tickets available tommorow!!!

Great!!!

Just pony up for the 2006 plan - the Sox have earned your business. The tide is shifting, its time to fill up the Cell next year.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-17-2005, 10:51 PM
My ticket rep just sent me an e-mail 10 minutes ago. They are burning the midnight oil.

When did you submit your order? Or were you an existing holder upgrading?

otis
10-17-2005, 10:52 PM
What are the WS seat locations some of you have got from this promo?

Scotty347
10-17-2005, 10:54 PM
When did you submit your order? Or were you an existing holder upgrading?

I bought the full season plan last week while the Sox were in the ALCS. Glad I got a jump on things.

Just making sure I get in on the offer for WS tickets.

Otis:
I don't know the WS seat location yet.

otis
10-17-2005, 10:57 PM
Does a lower deck season ticket get you a lower deck WS ticket?

ChicagoHoosier
10-17-2005, 11:29 PM
I just took the plunge. A little nervous about not knowing where my season ticket seats will be as well as my WS tickets, but I'm pretty pumped to know I'm hopefully going to the WORLD SERIES assuming my order goes through.Hopefully I get a call from ticket rep soon.

MrRoboto83
10-17-2005, 11:37 PM
I just took the plunge. A little nervous about not knowing where my season ticket seats will be as well as my WS tickets, but I'm pretty pumped to know I'm hopefully going to the WORLD SERIES assuming my order goes through.Hopefully I get a call from ticket rep soon.

I put my deposit in a few hours ago, no call yet, I hope to hear something in the morning. The suspense is hard to bear.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-17-2005, 11:42 PM
You know if they wanted to increase the season ticket base they should have thought about hosting the World Series years ago and White Sox Army would have invaded Comiskey in a full 40,000 Corps Formation. :wink:

SoxSideIrish
10-18-2005, 12:01 AM
My dad just jumped on for my whole family, 4 upper deck box tickets. I can't believe he did it, thats a lot of money for 4 season tickets. We had the 9 game plan last year, I thought that was exciting! Im so happy right now. Im extremely nervous though because I dont know how this is gonna happen for the WS tickets. I know we're supposedly guarenteed tickets, but when are they gonna call? Im gonna be crapping my pants until this ticket rep calls. Its gonna be a messy day, Im gonna need more underwear!

MrRoboto83
10-18-2005, 12:05 AM
We may have a section of WSI at the World Series before this is over

Cuck the Fubs
10-18-2005, 01:42 AM
I just applied for 2 bleacher seats for 06'..................

Hopefully I'm not too late!

ZachAL
10-18-2005, 01:55 AM
Unsure if it was posted yet, but is anyone afraid that brokerages are going to be hopping all over this too? I mean if it is only a 50% deposit and the cheapest season tickets are $952 this means brokers can deposit $476 then get the World Series tickets for another $120 each or so, costing them a total of around $600 each, which seems to be much less than they are trying to sell them for on ebay, stubhub, broker sites, etc. Meaning they can make money especially if the brokerages just cancel their season tix after getting the world series tickets. Man, I hope this isnt happening as I want to see as many tickets released on ticketmaster to the fans as possible. Hopefully all of us who have laughed and cried with this team throughout the year can have an oppurtunity at buying some tickets, good luck to everyone else who is going to be trying.

MrRoboto83
10-18-2005, 07:49 AM
To anyone that put a deposit down later in the evening yesterday into this morning: Let us all know when and If they call.

daveeym
10-18-2005, 08:10 AM
Unsure if it was posted yet, but is anyone afraid that brokerages are going to be hopping all over this too? I mean if it is only a 50% deposit and the cheapest season tickets are $952 this means brokers can deposit $476 then get the World Series tickets for another $120 each or so, costing them a total of around $600 each, which seems to be much less than they are trying to sell them for on ebay, stubhub, broker sites, etc. Meaning they can make money especially if the brokerages just cancel their season tix after getting the world series tickets. Man, I hope this isnt happening as I want to see as many tickets released on ticketmaster to the fans as possible. Hopefully all of us who have laughed and cried with this team throughout the year can have an oppurtunity at buying some tickets, good luck to everyone else who is going to be trying. I thought of that right away and I bet they are.

Damer
10-18-2005, 08:27 AM
Unfortunately, brokers always find a way. After all, it's their job to find a way. And to be honest, if I were in that line of business, I'd probably waste away a 50% deposit for season tix in exchange for the mark-up I could get selling individual WS tix.

gosox83
10-18-2005, 08:52 AM
Unfortunately, brokers always find a way. After all, it's their job to find a way. And to be honest, if I were in that line of business, I'd probably waste away a 50% deposit for season tix in exchange for the mark-up I could get selling individual WS tix.

Its totally bush league and it sucks, but think of how much money the White Sox will make off of them when they cancel and don't pay the remaining 50% the White Sox will sell those tickets over again to the general public.

Then if they get a lot of sell outs in 06 they could make a ton more money than the cubs because they will have sold many of their seats twice because of these brokers.

In other words: The worrying about Paul Konerko going elsewhere is OVA!!!

GO SOX!!! WIN THIS THING!!

FoulkeFan
10-18-2005, 09:13 AM
Has anybody who ordered online heard anything? I placed my order at about 8pm last night and have not heard back yet.

SaltyPretzel
10-18-2005, 09:16 AM
My mom heard on the radio that if you're a current season ticket holder and renew for next year, you get priority in regards to the WS tickets that are going on sale today. Any truth to this?

SouthSide_HitMen
10-18-2005, 09:24 AM
The White Sox are totally unprepared for this. I have been trying to get through to someone / anyone since yesterday afternoon. They should have people answering phones - a few $200 / day temp workers. Its not like the playoffs just sprung up out of nowhere.

They keep hyping this offer up on the radio and TV and yet have nobody to take / fulfill the orders.

Ol' No. 2
10-18-2005, 09:24 AM
My mom heard on the radio that if you're a current season ticket holder and renew for next year, you get priority in regards to the WS tickets that are going on sale today. Any truth to this?Not unless they're keeping it a big secret from the ST holders. I haven't heard any such thing.

HawkDJ
10-18-2005, 09:30 AM
So if you make a 50% deposit, you still can cancel the other 50% right??

ChicagoHoosier
10-18-2005, 09:32 AM
The White Sox are totally unprepared for this. I have been trying to get through to someone / anyone since yesterday afternoon. They should have people answering phones - a few $200 / day temp workers. Its not like the playoffs just sprung up out of nowhere.

They keep hyping this offer up on the radio and TV and yet have nobody to take / fulfill the orders.

I ordered on the internet last night at around 11:00 and still have received no word from the White Sox. I'm nervous they won't process my order.

FoulkeFan
10-18-2005, 09:33 AM
So if you make a 50% deposit, you still can cancel the other 50% right??

No, you can't. The disclaimer says that once your credit card is charged you are committed to paying the entire amount.

IspepAloc
10-18-2005, 09:52 AM
When is the last 50% due?

fox23
10-18-2005, 09:52 AM
Unsure if it was posted yet, but is anyone afraid that brokerages are going to be hopping all over this too? I mean if it is only a 50% deposit and the cheapest season tickets are $952 this means brokers can deposit $476 then get the World Series tickets for another $120 each or so, costing them a total of around $600 each, which seems to be much less than they are trying to sell them for on ebay, stubhub, broker sites, etc. Meaning they can make money especially if the brokerages just cancel their season tix after getting the world series tickets. Man, I hope this isnt happening as I want to see as many tickets released on ticketmaster to the fans as possible. Hopefully all of us who have laughed and cried with this team throughout the year can have an oppurtunity at buying some tickets, good luck to everyone else who is going to be trying.

My worry is that a lot of people will be doing this and then just not going to the games next year. That would leave a lot of "sold out" games with a ton of empty seats, all the while making it harder for the casual Sox fan to get a decent ticket (sounds like another team I know). Of course I hope to be wrong.

Flight #24
10-18-2005, 10:01 AM
My worry is that a lot of people will be doing this and then just not going to the games next year. That would leave a lot of "sold out" games with a ton of empty seats, all the while making it harder for the casual Sox fan to get a decent ticket (sounds like another team I know). Of course I hope to be wrong.

If people aren't planning on going to the games and play this strategy, they'll default on the 2d 50%, and the tickets will be made available again. That'll almost certainly be only brokers or those looking for really good seast, i.e. ones that have a street value of 3-5k (thus making the 50% deposit cheaper than buying the ticket).

But it will ensure that there are precious few seats for sale at noon.

That said - brilliant move by Brooks. Strike while the iron is hot and maximize the ST base for next year, then you still get the partial ST buyer/single-game "bump" after the title has been won.

Without turning it into an attendance thread, I think you can pretty much book a Sox record in ticket revenues for 2006.

IspepAloc
10-18-2005, 10:08 AM
I broke down and ordered 2 UD box seats for 2006. Hopefully they contact me.

clogoodie
10-18-2005, 10:15 AM
has anyone who placed an order today been contacted yet?!?

IspepAloc
10-18-2005, 10:16 AM
has anyone who placed an order today been contacted yet?!?

Not yet. but if they don't...I will burst.

UofCSoxFan
10-18-2005, 10:18 AM
Help...where's the link to buy them...I can't find it anywhere on whitesox.com

clogoodie
10-18-2005, 10:21 AM
I don't even know if its worth it to try and buy the season tix right now. Dunno how they're gonna get back to me before noon...

I don't know what to do!!!!

IspepAloc
10-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Help...where's the link to buy them...I can't find it anywhere on whitesox.com

https://secure.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/sth/deposit_form.jsp

kjkobs
10-18-2005, 10:23 AM
They are no longer accepting applications online. I still haven't heard back on my deposit either...

SouthSide_HitMen
10-18-2005, 10:28 AM
They are no longer accepting applications online. I still haven't heard back on my deposit either...

Why do you say that? I see the link still up. Did they announce something and if so where? Thanks

clogoodie
10-18-2005, 10:30 AM
Heh, I had the page up, debating whether to submit it or not. I sent an order for 3 Upper Box ones about 3 minutes ago. It appeared to be accepted, got the page saying an account executive will contact you shortly.

And yeah, now there are no links on site to the deposit page.

We'll see what happens. Obviously, will still be joining in the TM riot at noon.

The Dude
10-18-2005, 10:37 AM
I don't even know if its worth it to try and buy the season tix right now. Dunno how they're gonna get back to me before noon...

I don't know what to do!!!!

I say you have nothing to lose by sending it in because worst case scenerio, they dont accept you. I shouldve done this yesterday when I had the chance.:angry:

gr8mexico
10-18-2005, 10:49 AM
What would happend if we didn't get a call back from a REP.? That would suck I placed my order @ 9AM today and still haven't received a call

UofCSoxFan
10-18-2005, 10:52 AM
well i placed my order online...i figure if nothing else I can use the ticket exchange to recoup some of my losses if I'm shut out of world series tickets......it'd be nice if they reserved a seat for every ticket purchased (since people are obviously going to buy thme) in this program so people got seats even if a rep didn't contact them in time

i just don't know why I didn't do this last night.

UofCSoxFan
well i placed my order online...i figure if nothing else I can use the ticket exchange to recoup some of my losses if I'm shut out of world series tickets......it'd be nice if they reserved a seat for every ticket purchased (since people are obviously going to buy thme) in this program so people got seats even if a rep didn't contact them in time

UofCSoxFan

The Dude
10-18-2005, 10:54 AM

I dont see what they have to lose just by counting the amounts of tickets to reserve for the new season ticket holders. It's basically free money for them and even if the brokers cancel the tix, they still make out like bandits with the free money with the 50% deposits. Come on Sox, dont let us down!

HITMEN OF 77
10-18-2005, 10:57 AM
I wonder if you get special consideration for the final few tickets if you purchased a plan this year compared to those who didn't?

gr8mexico
10-18-2005, 10:58 AM
If anyone receives a call please let me know? I want to know about how long it took to receive the call

G-Ville Sox
10-18-2005, 10:59 AM
I did the online deposit this morning at 8:30, still havent received a call. I am assuming that either way, since the link is not up anymore I will still be accepted for next season, and this years world series

Anyone else still not get a call, or know when the supplies ran out

Good Luck at noon everyone
:gulp:

enurb
10-18-2005, 11:03 AM
Still waiting for a call here. Placed order this morning at 9:21 a.m.
:whiner:

Pulaski
10-18-2005, 11:04 AM

I am sure the list is very, very long. I know people that placed orders yesterday evening and still have not been called.

Scotty347
10-18-2005, 11:05 AM

All you can do is hope that they have accounted for all of the online deposits and will set aside the World Series tickets.

I think it is going to take them some time to catch up.

I'm really interested to know how many 2006 season tickets were sold in the last 2 days. Very exciting.

The Dude
10-18-2005, 11:05 AM
Someone on (that other sox site) just said he just heard on CLTV that we couldve went to the box office at the cell and did this!! I wish I wouldve known that!

UofCSoxFan
10-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Someone on (that other sox site) just said he just heard on CLTV that we couldve went to the box office at the cell and did this!! I wish I wouldve known that!

If this is correct I'm going to punch something...I live 10 min from the stadium but assumed the box offices weren't open b/c they wouldn't want people camping out for singles.

scottjanssens
10-18-2005, 11:13 AM

It was on the news last night.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-18-2005, 11:14 AM

Like I said earlier the White Sox did a piss poor job with this. Brooks Boyer spent the whole day (even through this morning) hyping this up and then they have not enough people to process the orders, no personnel to communicate with the interested fans, no way of reaching anybody at the White Sox organization and no press release keeping people updated.

If you don't have the people to process this and didn't plan ahead to get extra help or move people from other departments to help out then don't go on all TV, radio and print outlets hyping something you cannot fulfill.

I put my order in early evening as soon as I heard about it (around 7 or so) and haven't heard anything. Other posters said they talked to their reps late last night.

If they ran out of tickets sometime yesterday than that is one thing. If they had tickets but couldn't process them in time and now the scalpers with their ins and bought off agents at Ticketmaster get the remaining World Series tickets that would be a debacle of epic proportions.

If this is correct I'm going to punch something...I live 10 min from the stadium but assumed the box offices weren't open b/c they wouldn't want people camping out for singles.

That was not mentioned in either official press release by the White Sox:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20051017&content_id=1253092&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

In fact their latest release stated due to demand the online form was the only method of ordering.

The debacle continues.

UofCSoxFan
10-18-2005, 11:14 AM
Something tells me I'm gonna be "out" a couple grand here....money I could have spent on a scalper if worst comes to worst.

Yes I know I have seats to 81 games next year but chances are I'll be able to use a quarter of those tops........sigh.......well thank God for a the ticket exchange and at least I'll avoid this whole mess next year.

clogoodie
10-18-2005, 11:17 AM
I'm jumping every time my office phone rings...though it would make no sense for my 10:29 order to get a call before people from last night and this morning. waiting....waiting....

hose
10-18-2005, 11:17 AM
I was able to get through on the phone about 10 minutes ago. My rep's mail box is full so my call was forwarded to a receptionist who took my name and number and told me my rep would get back to me later.
I couldn't get confirmation if my on line renewall for 2006 season tickets went through last night. Plus I asked her if there was any truth to the rumor of present season ticket holders getting preferred treatment and she didn't know.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

With all the 1 run games the Sox have put us through this year I'm use to this coming down to the wire.:bandance: :cool:

gr8mexico
10-18-2005, 11:21 AM
If I don't get a call by 12 I think I might just cancel the transtation on my card.Would I be able to do that?

clogoodie
10-18-2005, 11:23 AM
Something tells me I'm gonna be "out" a couple grand here....money I could have spent on a scalper if worst comes to worst.

Yes I know I have seats to 81 games next year but chances are I'll be able to use a quarter of those tops........sigh.......well thank God for a the ticket exchange and at least I'll avoid this whole mess next year.

My impression from the wording in the fine print on the online deposit page was that until you're contacted by a rep, nothing is final. I could be wrong, but I think that if they've run out of WS tix/don't contact us in time/whatever, we won't be on the hook for that couple grand.

Scotty347
10-18-2005, 11:23 AM
If I don't get a call by 12 I think I might just cancel the transtation on my card.Would I be able to do that?

I'd wait until tomorrow or Thursday before doing that. Also FWIW, my credit card was not charged until I spoke with a ticket rep. I don't believe you are charged immediately when you fill out the online form. If they don't have the world series tickets, I don't think you have to go through with the season tickets.

credefan24
10-18-2005, 11:25 AM
I have a somewhat silly question.

What if you placed an order prior to 11am today, but by the time a ticket rep contacted you, the World series tickets are gone? Are you still on the hook for the 81 games next year?
To be honest, I'd be plenty upset, and probably put up a bit of a stink about having to pay. The only reason I bought the 81 game plan was for this year's World series. If there are no more Series tickets available, as far as I'm concerned, the deal is off.
But, we shall see what happens.

gr8mexico
10-18-2005, 11:26 AM
Thank God because my wife is going to be ticked off LOL but who care we are in:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

hose
10-18-2005, 11:30 AM
I have a somewhat silly question.

What if you placed an order prior to 11am today, but by the time a ticket rep contacted you, the World series tickets are gone? Are you still on the hook for the 81 games next year?
To be honest, I'd be plenty upset, and probably put up a bit of a stink about having to pay. The only reason I bought the 81 game plan was for this year's World series. If there are no more Series tickets available, as far as I'm concerned, the deal is off.
But, we shall see what happens.

The way I read the fine print was that you are on the hook for 50% of what you put down.

I'm not a lawyer, just my opinion.

We got a few legal eagles here at WSI who might be able to explain it better.

credefan24
10-18-2005, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the response!

I'm a lawyer myself, and from my reading of the website, the deal was 06 season tickets in exchange for 05 world series. So I think the Sox might have themselves a little bit of a problem here if they try to get people on the hook for the 50%.

Jerko
10-18-2005, 11:33 AM
There is NO WAY the Sox should hold you to 2006 season tickets if they fail to deliver 2005 World Series tickets. Nobody would have signed up if the WS tickets weren't part of the deal. Nothing would surprise me though.

UofCSoxFan
10-18-2005, 11:34 AM
If I'm on the hook for half already I prob will pay the other half.....so I don't lose 2 grand for nothing

This SUCKS

I agree with the statements that if they ran out of tickets that's one thing....but if we're getting screwed b/c they didn't have enough workers that is crap.......they shouldn't have cut it to within 1 hr of the deadline in that case.

Jerko
10-18-2005, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the response!

I'm a lawyer myself, and from my reading of the website, the deal was 06 season tickets in exchange for 05 world series. So I think the Sox might have themselves a little bit of a problem here if they try to get people on the hook for the 50%.

The NON-REFUNDABLE 50%. I know they have to protect themselves so everyone doesn't "back out" after the Series ends, but this has the potential to become a mess.

UofCSoxFan
10-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the response!

Feel like doing some pro bono work for me if need be :)

Well its good to know that I'll be able to spend 3 grand on lawyer/court fees to recoup my losses :o:

If they hold us to this it would be like buying bad tickets from a scalper...not only do you not getting into the game...but you lose a ton of money that could have been spent on beer or real tickets

The Dude
10-18-2005, 11:38 AM
Relax guys. No chance they can charge your card without even talking to you so if there are no WS tickets left, they will call and probably ask if you still want tickets or just say sorry and your card will not be charged. The deal is...sign up for 2006 tix and get WS tickets.

credefan24
10-18-2005, 11:39 AM
Even though it says "non-refundable," my interpretation of the agreement is that the deal is only good IF 05 World Series tickets are delivered. No World Series, no tickets.

Therefore, the "non-refundable" only goes to the person who actually receives World Series tickets. In that case, I have no problem paying the full season package.

PS- After typing, I saw the Dude's post. He's most likely right. And if they do try to charge us, they are entering a world of pain. LOL.

UofCSoxFan
10-18-2005, 11:41 AM
I think from a PR standpoint the sox are on really thin ice here:

Enough people are already pissed b/c of no wristbands/camping out....

Then if you make people 50% liable b/c of there ineptitude you have a whole new storm to deal with...not to mention you are dealing with people already livid about not getting seats.

I understand the 50% deposit thing if people get tickets.....hell I would have made it 100% but allow people to back out, or at the very least downgrade their plans if they didn't go with the cheapest.

It would be a shame if in a season with so many new sox fans the team allienated a bunch of diehards....i'd personally forgive them b/c the alternative is being a cubs fan...but I wouldn't be happy about it

The Dude
10-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Even though it says "non-refundable," my interpretation of the agreement is that the deal is only good IF 05 World Series tickets are delivered. No World Series, no tickets.

Therefore, the "non-refundable" only goes to the person who actually receives World Series tickets. In that case, I have no problem paying the full season package.

PS- After typing, I saw the Dude's post. He's most likely right. And if they do try to charge us, they are entering a world of pain. LOL.

http://aklemai.com/lj/2004/01/bigl6.jpg
A....WORLD....OF......PAIN!

zach23
10-18-2005, 11:44 AM
We have been trying to get in touch with our rep since last night to upgrade our 27 game plan to full season and get the Series tickets. She hasn't answered any of our emails or voice mails.

I wish they would have contacted the partial season ticket holders before putting this out to the public. We have been doing this package for years and it would have been nice to have had a crack at upgrading before all the lines got jammed and the reps got so busy.

Scotty347
10-18-2005, 11:44 AM
the Dude is right - relax guys. They are just swamped. Your credit card will not be charged until you speak to a rep. If they can't deliver on the WS tickets, you won't have to go through with the 2006 plan.

I'm sure they are working feverishly to fill the orders and also had to set aside the required tickets by 11:00am so they don't go on sale at noon.

My only complaint is they should have issued a press release saying that they got everyones order and are working on it. Hopefully one is forthcoming.

billnahorodny
10-18-2005, 11:45 AM
I put in my order for season tickets a few weeks ago and was assigned a rep...so when I called...I looked for him directly. He emailed me a contract that I was supposed to sign and fax back. I tried all morning to fax it but the lines are so jammed that I just scanned it and emailed it to him. I'm waiting for his confirmation that he got it. So if anyone else is getting frustrated with the fax and phone lines...scan and mail. However...I think you need a rep to be able to do this. I don't think it will work if you're putting in your order for th first time today.

hose
10-18-2005, 11:51 AM
I wish the Sox could find a way to differentiate from the Sox fan and the ticket broker.

To see a college kid willing to put up the few bucks they have for a full season package just for a chance at WS tickets has to be taken into account some how.

The Dude
10-18-2005, 11:52 AM
Anyone who gets a call from a ticket agent. Please post it in this thread ASAP!

Edit : Fixed

SouthSide_HitMen
10-18-2005, 11:53 AM
Anyone who gets a call from a ticket agent. Please post it here!

Do we have a pink police insert?

I'm going down to the park after the internet sale and if I don't have my tickets there may not be a park (well then they could move to Soldier field and have 20,000 more seats).

enurb
10-18-2005, 11:55 AM
If tickets go on sale through ticketmaster at noon, that should be a good indication that our orders were processed. No way the Sox release tickets to TicketMaster with all of us in line for Season Tickets.

IspepAloc
10-18-2005, 11:57 AM
I hope your right

SoxFan78
10-18-2005, 12:05 PM
We have been trying to get in touch with our rep since last night to upgrade our 27 game plan to full season and get the Series tickets. She hasn't answered any of our emails or voice mails.

I wish they would have contacted the partial season ticket holders before putting this out to the public. We have been doing this package for years and it would have been nice to have had a crack at upgrading before all the lines got jammed and the reps got so busy.

Your rep should of emailed you last week about this. I have a weekend package and I got a email on 10/12 letting me know about this program.

HITMEN OF 77
10-18-2005, 12:15 PM
I just talked with one of my connections at the White Sox and was informed that the ticket reps are in the process of calling everyone right now. Also, the internet package is no longer available and yes they have a big mess.

gr8mexico
10-18-2005, 12:31 PM
Did everyones computer run really slow it sucked big time.Still no call from the REP.:angry:

IspepAloc
10-18-2005, 12:32 PM
Yep and no call for me yet.

SoxSideIrish
10-18-2005, 12:34 PM
I just talked with one of my connections at the White Sox and was informed that the ticket reps are in the process of calling everyone right now. Also, the internet package is no longer available and yes they have a big mess.

heres to hoping your connection is a good one. placed the order last night, still no call, but im not worried yet.

hose
10-18-2005, 12:36 PM
Do we have a pink police insert?

I'm going down to the park after the internet sale and if I don't have my tickets there may not be a park (well then they could move to Soldier field and have 20,000 more seats).

How bad do the top eight rows of the upper deck that were removed look now.:o:

People would have stood on their heads to get that same seat now.

Blob
10-18-2005, 12:46 PM
Your rep should of emailed you last week about this. I have a weekend package and I got a email on 10/12 letting me know about this program.

Zach and I just got the email yesterday. It was labeled sent at about 3:30pm. I didn't get the email until I got home at 5. I called her and emailed her right away.

We have the 27 game package and have had that for over 8 years now!

If we would have gotten it last week like you, this would all be done right now...Our rep is TERRIBLE. She has NEVER done anything extra for us and still claims she "owes" us a favor for the seat sale fiasco from a couple of years ago.

This is insane!!!

zach23
10-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Zach and I just got the email yesterday. It was labeled sent at about 3:30pm. I didn't get the email until I got home at 5. I called her and emailed her right away.

We have the 27 game package and have had that for over 8 years now!

If we would have gotten it last week like you, this would all be done right now...Our rep is TERRIBLE. She has NEVER done anything extra for us and still claims she "owes" us a favor for the seat sale fiasco from a couple of years ago.

This is insane!!!

Yeah, our rep blows. You really need to tell them we want somebody else. She dropped the ball on this big time for us. I will still be in for the 27 game package but I would much rather have a new rep. Can you PM me the name of your rep SoxFan78?
We also approached her about paying in full, non-refundable for our package in 2006 when they were promoting that "Grinder" package back in July and offering the chance to get all postseason games. She said no.
Oh well, I am happy we at least get in for game 1 and I will see if I can get game 2 from a scalper.

putherawaywet
10-18-2005, 01:17 PM
I suggest calling your credit card company and see if the transaction went through. I just called mine and learned the Sox sent the 3 grand plus through this morning. At miminum that will tell you that they've accepted your $$$ and if the amount includes the WS tickets you can probably assume that you will be going to the WS and all games next year. Go Sox.

UofCSoxFan
10-18-2005, 01:22 PM
putherawaywet......

Did you talk to your rep first? Also did your charge in fact include the Word Series Tickets? Was your charge for the full amount or just the 50%?

putherawaywet
10-18-2005, 01:35 PM
I went to the park yesterday and met with a rep after a long wait. The amount charged my credit card was for one season ticket and the amount for the world series tickets. I still have to pay for the other season ticket by 1/20.

While I was there, I got the impression that submitting an online form would have been perfectly acceptable as well.

MrRoboto83
10-18-2005, 01:43 PM
I think we all just need to give it time, they are not going to pass up this opportunity to sign up this many people for full season ticket packages. The promotion was obviously a large success to the point the Sales Dept got over their head in orders. I am going to try not to wear a rut in my floor and I have finally set my cell phone on the table instead of clutched in my fist waiting.

ShoelessJoe
10-18-2005, 01:57 PM
we are not getting our tix. I doubt us 50% depositers will get our tix.

ShoelessJoe
10-18-2005, 02:09 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/sth/acct_care.jsp

contact the reps below if you paid the 50%

Scotty347
10-18-2005, 02:16 PM
we are not getting our tix. I doubt us 50% depositers will get our tix.

Did someone notify you or are you just assuming?

credefan24
10-18-2005, 02:17 PM
Thank you very much, Mr. Roboto!

For those of us who ordered online, and have not gotten a call, don't sweat. Even if they run out of tickets, you aren't going to be responsible for the 50% deposit.
The deal was "50% deposit for 06, guarantee 05 W/S." It WASN'T "50% down for 06, and we'll see if we can get you some W/S tickets, if not, hey, pay up."

Don't worry guys, things will turn out ok.

SoxSideIrish
10-18-2005, 02:19 PM
its not ok if im not at that game. i have my heart set on going.

gr8mexico
10-18-2005, 02:22 PM
Did anyone receive a call or has tried calling any info would be great

clogoodie
10-18-2005, 02:22 PM
If anybody gets a call from a rep, please ask them the question we're all dying to know here...will every order placed online be getting a phone call and WS tickets?

Damer
10-18-2005, 02:31 PM
I didn't buy, so I'm not emotionally invested, but for those who are awaiting confirmation from the Sox ticket office, consider: The Sox are not going to turn away money. So if you went online, posted a 50% deposit, here's betting the Sox will make sure that you get what you asked for.

This was a promotion that was run on as short a schedule as they come: not only was it advertised minutes before it went into effect, it had a shelf-life of fewer than 24 hours. That means that things were naturally going to be harried, not only for the Sox but for its patrons. It's not as though your deposit turned into a pumpkin at 11 am--the most likely scenario is that the Sox recognized your deposit, accounted for the # of tickets you requested, and subtracted that amount from the total available for the World Series. So maybe that haven't allotted your seats for the WS or 2006 season, but they accounted for you and they'll allot later.

MrRoboto83
10-18-2005, 02:41 PM
If anybody gets a call from a rep, please ask them the question we're all dying to know here...will every order placed online be getting a phone call and WS tickets?

THis is a must!!!!!!!!!!!!

scottjanssens
10-18-2005, 02:42 PM
In all liklihood a block of seats was set aside for the promotion. Whatever wasn't sold by 11am would have been released to ticketmaster. Since it sounds like they stopped the promotion early, my guess is they stopped it when they used up the block of seats set aside.

salty99
10-18-2005, 02:47 PM
my boss just got a call..he applied online last night. He did not get World Series tickets.

enurb
10-18-2005, 02:50 PM
my boss just got a call..he applied online last night. He did not get World Series tickets.

Are you serious?

UofCSoxFan
10-18-2005, 02:53 PM

Did he at least get out of the 50% deposit?

hose
10-18-2005, 02:59 PM

I think this promotion could really have a negative effect on Sox fans who jumped in on a full season ticket plan for 2006 and don't get 2005 WS tickets.

I called my credit card company and the Sox haven't charged me yet.

putherawaywet
10-18-2005, 03:03 PM
Everybody can rest assured regarding the fifty percent deposit. I am an attorney and I just looked at the contract again. The contract specifically states that the purchase of 2005 WS tickets is part of the consideration of the 2006 season ticket purchase. The deposit you placed is an offer to purchase both sets of tickets. The White Sox can either accept or refuse your offer. If they charge the credit card you gave them, they have accepted your offer and you will have both sets of tickets. If they deny your offer, you have no tickets and you also owe them no money - including the deposit. In other words, they will only charge you if they can include the world series tickets as part of the package. Therefore, you cannot get stuck with 2006 tickets without also having 2005 WS tickets.

credefan24
10-18-2005, 03:06 PM
Another legal eagle here!
Put is exactly correct. No worries guys about getting charged, and being without W/S tickets.

F1RaceFan
10-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Has anyone else been called/emailed by a rep yet?

MrRoboto83
10-18-2005, 03:30 PM

I applied last night around 9pm, I have not heard anything and now hearing this I don't feel so good.

UofCSoxFan
10-18-2005, 03:32 PM
if this is the case its a travesty....why still have the promotion up if you've already filled your limit?

IspepAloc
10-18-2005, 03:38 PM
I called one of the #s listed for the execs and am still on hold. Called about 15 minutes ago.

BRDSR
10-18-2005, 03:39 PM
In all liklihood a block of seats was set aside for the promotion. Whatever wasn't sold by 11am would have been released to ticketmaster. Since it sounds like they stopped the promotion early, my guess is they stopped it when they used up the block of seats set aside.

Kind of, but you've got it backwards a little. The way I understand it, when the White Sox won the pennant they asked/petitioned that MLB release to them a certain number of tickets that they could use for this promotion. Those tickets were then taken out of the pool of available tickets for ticketmaster.

This is the impression I got from the email sent from my ticket rep. I don't have the time or the money to pony up for full ticket package next year, but that would have been great.

UofCSoxFan
10-18-2005, 03:40 PM
Part of me does feel bad for the ticket reps here...they prob make what 25,000 a year and are going to have to be dealing with extremely pissed off people for the next week

gr8mexico
10-18-2005, 03:46 PM
The Sox could really make this up to us by offering to sell us entrance to the bullpen sports bar.They really dropped the ball on this one I'm really ticked off

IspepAloc
10-18-2005, 03:48 PM
Finally got through to someone, unfortunately she wasn't a rep. She said that if there are tickets available for the World Series, then people who signed up will get that option. She wouldn't tell me whether or not they were still available, but she said a rep would call.

I hope this helps. I'm back to waiting.

salty99
10-18-2005, 03:48 PM
Yes, I am serious. He applied on line last night for premium upper box season tickets and got a call at about 3PM. They stated no World Series for you this year, but if you want 2006 season we still have that. They did not charge him for it.

SoxFan78
10-18-2005, 03:49 PM
The Sox could really make this up to us by offering to sell us entrance to the bullpen sports bar.They really dropped the ball on this one I'm really ticked off

When Brooks Boyer was on the Mike North show early last week, Brooks said that MLB takes over the Bullpen Sports Bar and patio area as soon as the playoffs start so regular fans can't even get in there.

I guess MLB throw pre and post game parties for their partners and sponsors.

gr8mexico
10-18-2005, 03:50 PM
What about standing room only. Houston sold standing room only

salty99
10-18-2005, 03:51 PM
and if anyone is interested in splitting a seaon ticket plan with me..let me through thru PM. Several people have already responded to my thread in the Parking Lot.

HITMEN OF 77
10-18-2005, 03:51 PM
I still wonder if consideration for tickets if any are left are given to those who bought a plan this year over those who didn't?

MrRoboto83
10-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Yes, I am serious. He applied on line last night for premium upper box season tickets and got a call at about 3PM. They stated no World Series for you this year, but if you want 2006 season we still have that. They did not charge him for it.

I wonder if Lower deck requests are being given tickets.

salty99
10-18-2005, 03:54 PM
I think it was all based on what time you got your order in. He said he would take lower box to guarantee world series and they said sorry can't do it.

MrRoboto83
10-18-2005, 03:59 PM
I think it was all based on what time you got your order in. He said he would take lower box to guarantee world series and they said sorry can't do it.

You have any idea what time he put is order in??

IspepAloc
10-18-2005, 04:04 PM
That would be bs because it was still on their site until around 10:15 this morning. If they had such a cutoff...they should have removed it.

Cuck the Fubs
10-18-2005, 04:04 PM
Did anyone receive a call or has tried calling any info would be great

Ordered seats before midnight.........16 hours still no call or charge to my Discover card!

A little info would be very helpfull here! :(:

scottjanssens
10-18-2005, 04:07 PM
That would be bs because it was still on their site until around 10:15 this morning. If they had such a cutoff...they should have removed it.

Yeah, they should have. I imagine they were a little busy though.

MrRoboto83
10-18-2005, 04:15 PM
Yeah, they should have. I imagine they were a little busy though.

All I know all of this has kept me from being productive today, I have gotten nothing accomplished, I am a train wreak.

salty99
10-18-2005, 04:29 PM
he just told me he ordered his tickets at 5:30PM yesterday and was shut out

Pulaski
10-18-2005, 04:31 PM
A friend of mine got a call at 1:00 pm. He locked in 2 bleacher seats for 2006 and got 2 Upper Deck Seats for all World Series Games. I guess they have 20+ people working on the applications.

BainesHOF
10-18-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm sure the ticket reps have been absolutely swamped. I do wish I could have at least received an e-mail back from my rep. When I heard this deal was in the works, I e-mailed him at the end of last week and he told me that this deal might indeed happen but to keep it hush-hush. I did my part, but haven't heard anything back from despite four or so e-mails the last couple of days that informed him where I could be reached.

I had been keeping in touch with my rep fairly regularly too as I have the 27-game plan that has been abolished for next season. (I still can't for the life of me understand why.) He's been trying to find me something similar for next year on the other two partial plans or a full season plan. I offered to buy a full plan a month or so ago, and now I haven't even received an e-mail back this week. It's disappointing. I'm holding out hope against the odds that he still might come through for me.

Flight #24
10-18-2005, 04:37 PM
I'm sure the ticket reps have been absolutely swamped. I do wish I could have at least received an e-mail back from my rep. When I heard this deal was in the works, I e-mailed him at the end of last week and he told me that this deal might indeed happen but to keep it hush-hush. I did my part, but haven't heard anything back from despite four or so e-mails the last couple of days that informed him where I could be reached.

I had been keeping in touch with my rep fairly regularly too as I have the 27-game plan that has been abolished for next season. (I still can't for the life of me understand why.) He's been trying to find me something similar for next year on the other two partial plans or a full season plan. I offered to buy a full plan a month or so ago, and now I haven't even received an e-mail back this week. It's disappointing. I'm holding out hope against the odds that he still might come through for me.

They're killing the 27-game plan? It's still on the website....what's the "partial" plans then? Whitesox.com still have 2006 27-game and 13-game plans listed.

Soxfanspcu11
10-18-2005, 04:43 PM
What about standing room only. Houston sold standing room only

No, I emailed this same question before ALDS tickets went on sale and they said that NO standing room would be made available for ANY of the playoff series. Yeah I know, it sucks, just another way to keep true fans out.

Pulaski
10-18-2005, 04:49 PM
They're killing the 27-game plan? It's still on the website....what's the "partial" plans then? Whitesox.com still have 2006 27-game and 13-game plans listed.

I do not believe this is true. I have a lot of friends who have the 27 game plan and already made deposits for next year.

hose
10-18-2005, 04:51 PM

http://scd.mm-b1.yimg.com/image/832448588 (http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062857/K=victor+mclaglen/v=2/SID=w/l=II/R=189/SS=i/OID=d16302b7254486c6/SIG=1hhk4anp6/EXP=1129758516/*-http%3A//images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fs earch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dvictor%2Bmclaglen%26tab%3DIma ges%26btn%3DSearch%26ei%3DUTF-8%26imgsz%3Dall%26fr%3Dsbcfp-imp%26b%3D181&h=183&w=250&imgcurl=www.wga.org%2FWrittenBY%2F0501%2Fnugent6.j pg&imgurl=www.wga.org%2FWrittenBY%2F0501%2Fnugent6.jp g&size=17.8kB&name=nugent6.jpg&rcurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wga.org%2FWrittenBY%2F0501% 2Fnugent.html&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wga.org%2FWrittenBY%2F0501%2 Fnugent.html&p=victor+mclaglen&type=jpeg&no=189&tt=209&ei=UTF-8)

"this is all going down in me book"

rhill72
10-18-2005, 06:39 PM
Can anyone confirm? I just heard on Comcast that they wont have a total for new season tickets until tomorrow at noon. They said that they had a 1000 today. I am assuming that if you get the season tickets and accept that you get the WS tickets. Anyone else hear this?

Jurr
10-18-2005, 06:43 PM
All this stuff is doing is helping the Sox become a perennial power in the AL.

Hopefully a little extra money doesn't deter KW from his formula, which seems to be working nicely.

hose
10-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Can anyone confirm? I just heard on Comcast that they wont have a total for new season tickets until tomorrow at noon. They said that they had a 1000 today. I am assuming that if you get the season tickets and accept that you get the WS tickets. Anyone else hear this?

I received a email at 5:45 from my sales rep telling me all WS are totally sold out.

MrRoboto83
10-18-2005, 06:54 PM
I received a email at 5:45 from my sales rep telling me all WS are totally sold out.

I am offically mad

Dat Funky Motion
10-18-2005, 07:00 PM
I am also waiting for a phone call,as is 9 of my friends. Nothing!!:angry:

jabrch
10-18-2005, 07:03 PM
I am also waiting for a phone call,as is 9 of my friends. Nothing!!:angry:

7 PM - still nothing...

rhill72
10-18-2005, 07:12 PM

If this is true, it would be nice to see the Sox at least put a message on their website explaining this. I hate sitting here waiting in limbo. I would rather know for sure and move on.

itsnotrequired
10-18-2005, 07:26 PM
I do not believe this is true. I have a lot of friends who have the 27 game plan and already made deposits for next year.

I hadn't heard this either. I e-mailed my rep today and he says they are still a go and on sale November 1.

I'm thinking they stopped taking online deposits on the plan because they were swamped with the whole WS ticket for season ticked promotion. Seems like they will bring back online reservations sometime in the next few days.

G-Ville Sox
10-18-2005, 07:58 PM
I called about my tickets about an hour and a half ago.

They said if the sales reps didnt call by 2 PM today, world series tickets were all gone. They will ask if you want to stay on for '06 season tickets, if not nothing goes onto your credit card.

I was pretty pissed off....

Cuck the Fubs
10-18-2005, 08:10 PM
I called about my tickets about an hour and a half ago.

They said if the sales reps didnt call by 2 PM today, world series tickets were all gone. They will ask if you want to stay on for '06 season tickets, if not nothing goes onto your credit card.

I was pretty pissed off....

:angry: :angry: This totally SUCKS!:angry: :angry:

MrRoboto83
10-18-2005, 08:13 PM
This has turned into the worst ran promotion of all time now

itsnotrequired
10-18-2005, 08:19 PM
This has turned into the worst ran promotion of all time now

The site did say that "supplies were limited" but they could have promoted that a little better.

Actually, I don't think they expected the response they got and were WAY understaffed.

MrRoboto83
10-18-2005, 08:33 PM
The site did say that "supplies were limited" but they could have promoted that a little better.

Actually, I don't think they expected the response they got and were WAY understaffed.

I agree, and why leave the promotion up on the web site so long? This promotion was all over the radio as well.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-18-2005, 08:36 PM
I am pretty salty about the whole thing.

After the TicketMaster TM fiasco this morning I went down to the park as I figured that was the only way I would be able to speak to a human being (after being unable to contact the White Sox via MANY attempts via phone, email and online the past two days).

When I arrived there were three people - two girls (teens or early 20s) and an older gentleman working at the front. The man said if you weren't contacted by the White Sox by 11:00 am this morning, you were not going to get World Series tickets. I asked if any would be released as happened at the ALCS (and I assume ALDS) at the box office day of and he said no but they would release something publicly if this changed (I don't believe he knew what he was talking about in this instance as they made no announcement when tickets were released for the ALCS - Club level seats and Upper Deck seats - day of game).

This is the thing that pissed me off - The guy said they advertised on the media to come to the park to get the tickets yesterday or 8:00 am this morning. Now I could have gone off on the guy but I simply explained that I acted based on the "official release" posted on their site (I cut and pasted both links earlier as well as the fine print so everyone would understand - No WS no 2006 obligation) and I filled out the online form per their instructions.

I didn't here about people going to the park until this morning and I didn't have time to go there. I understand the club not wanting 20,000 people at their front doors but they should have either put that option on their website or not offered it as people who did what they were told on the club's website were screwed while people listening to Mike Murphy or some other media j***** had better info.

I know this was all done on short notice and I also know I debated in my head whether to buy tickets in June but unfortunately I passed and take full responsibility.

If Boyer reads this site what I suggest the White Sox do in the future is communicate these things better - Put the correct information on your website / "official releases" and update after you have a good idea that you cannot possibly fulfill all the requests. People using the website as instructed by the White Sox were SOL. Also tickets started at $1,256 as Upper Reserved tickets were not eligible for the offer - at least not online.

I went to Grandstand and there was a line so I couldn't stop in. I suggest people call to make sure the store has what they want before heading down.

My Ticketmaster seats for Game 5 (ALDS) and Game 6 & 7 (ALCS) all went unused. The tickets I bought for the first four games were all via fans.

If people want to blow $1,000 per ticket that is there business but I am heading down there day of game and trying to get in for around double face or less. If I fail that is OK - I have beer money for the rest of the year (I am old now - can't drink 5 - 6 days a week anymore).

Good Luck Sox fans!!!

DrFunk
10-18-2005, 08:51 PM
I just called the White Sox - 312-674-1000, and was actually able to talk to a live person after about a 5 minute wait. I told him that I signed up for the 2006 season ticket plan. He said that I have been assigned to a rep, and the rep would contact me tonight or tomorrow. I then asked if people getting called were still getting WS tickets or not, and he said that some are, and some aren't. It depends on when they put in their order. So, at this point, I would recommend that we take deep breaths until we hear from our reps.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-18-2005, 09:01 PM
I just called the White Sox - 312-674-1000, and was actually able to talk to a live person after about a 5 minute wait. I told him that I signed up for the 2006 season ticket plan. He said that I have been assigned to a rep, and the rep would contact me tonight or tomorrow. I then asked if people getting called were still getting WS tickets or not, and he said that some are, and some aren't. It depends on when they put in their order. So, at this point, I would recommend that we take deep breaths until we hear from our reps.

:tomatoaward :tomatoaward

You've given me a sliver hope. I am on hold now - hope I get through!!!

I'll update this message if I have anything to pass along.

PS - Did you speak to the operator or season tickets (5330). I have gotten the run around for two days now and outside of my trip to the park which turned out to be a waste of time I haven't been able to speak to a human being. Thanks

DrFunk
10-18-2005, 09:11 PM
:tomatoaward :tomatoaward

You've given me a sliver hope. I am on hold now - hope I get through!!!

I'll update this message if I have anything to pass along.

PS - Did you speak to the operator or season tickets (5330). I have gotten the run around for two days now and outside of my trip to the park which turned out to be a waste of time I haven't been able to speak to a human being. Thanks

I hit original option 1, and the message stated that this mailbox was full, to speak with a representative press something. (5330 sounds about right though.) He didn't ask for my name, or details or anything, he was just giving general information. He could just be saying what he told me to avoid backlash, but I hope not. I choose to continue holding out hope! This has been a lucky last month or so for me as it is.

bayzbol44
10-18-2005, 09:12 PM
I feel for you guys! I was going to put a deposit down for season tix last night, but I decided against it. I am so glad now that I didn't do that. I would have been pissed!!!

DrFunk
10-18-2005, 09:15 PM
Even before this promotion I was thinking about getting season tickets for next year, but I saw this last night when I got home, and that made it a no-brainer for me. I didn't get to the deposit page until late in the evening, so I may be out of luck.

kjkobs
10-18-2005, 11:44 PM
I may be beating an old topic to death here, but I am still furious at the fact that they were accepting season-ticket orders at the cell this morning. Maybe its because I wasn't aware of this option because I didn't listen to whatever media outlet advertised it, but I went with what whitesox.com stated that "due to high call volumes, deposits must be submitted online."

I wonder how many people like myself who submitted online and still at this point on Tuesday evening are waiting to hear back some sort of news from a sales representative, lost out to fans who showed up to the park today.

:angry:

SouthSide_HitMen
10-18-2005, 11:53 PM
I may be beating an old topic to death here, but I am still furious at the fact that they were accepting season-ticket orders at the cell this morning. Maybe its because I wasn't aware of this option because I didn't listen to whatever media outlet advertised it, but I went with what whitesox.com stated that "due to high call volumes, deposits must be submitted online."

I wonder how many people like myself who submitted online and still at this point on Tuesday evening are waiting to hear back some sort of news from a sales representative, lost out to fans who showed up to the park today.

:angry:

That is why I was (am) upset - I did what I was told by the Chicago White Sox on their website which was to place the order online. I tried calling them for 8 hours yesterday and 4 today with no luck. When I went to the park this afternoon to talk to a live human being they said they sold them to people at the park this morning at 8 am which was over 12 hours after I placed my order online and this was "advertised" everywhere.

Sorry the only Chicago media I am exposed to is on this site and the only information I thought would be 100% valid would be the club's own site but I guess that was a poor assumption.

This was run and communicated poorly.

clogoodie
10-18-2005, 11:59 PM
Received the following email late this evening...guessing others did too. Basically it leaves a sliver of hope until noon on Friday. You'd think that it wouldn't take that long to contact people ('you don't get world series tix...still want season tix?' - 'no thanks' - 'ok, bye')...but whatever.

" PLEASE READ: IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RECENT ONLINE DEPOSIT

Thank you for your interest in our on-line 2006 season tickets/World
Series offer. As you might imagine we have received an overwhelming
response and the demand for World Series tickets far exceeds what we have
available. We are in the process of calling everyone whose order we can
fill in order to confirm seat location and other details. Based on the
number of orders we have already received, we will not be able to fill
all orders. If you have not spoken with someone in our sales department
by Friday at noon, it is highly unlikely that we will be able to
fulfill your request. Once it is clear that we are not able to fulfill your
request, we will refund the online fee to your credit card.

As a reminder, by submitting your deposit online you acknowledged that
World Series tickets are limited, and your offer to purchase 2006
season tickets and 2005 World Series tickets may not be accepted by the
Chicago White Sox, in its discretion. Your order is not accepted until you
have been contacted by an account executive, selected a seat location,
your credit card has been charged and the charge of your credit card
has been authorized by the applicable network.

We appreciate your patience and your enthusiasm for the White Sox, and
we hope you’ll continue to support us as we work to bring a World
Series Championship to Chicago."

SouthSide_HitMen
10-19-2005, 12:20 AM
Received the following email late this evening...guessing others did too. Basically it leaves a sliver of hope until noon on Friday. You'd think that it wouldn't take that long to contact people ('you don't get world series tix...still want season tix?' - 'no thanks' - 'ok, bye')...but whatever.

I haven't received this email - hope I get one tomorrow.

Die hard White Sox fan who should have pulled the trigger in July.

Edit - My email was marked 3:38 am. I don't know if they timed the responses before going home or if they were burning the midnight oil.

clogoodie
10-19-2005, 09:21 AM
I haven't received this email - hope I get one tomorrow.

Die hard White Sox fan who should have pulled the trigger in July.

Well the e-mail might not be a good thing. I placed my order at 10:29 AM on Tuesday, so this might just be an advance notice that there's no way you're getting WS tickets, but we're still gonna call you sometime to see if you want the 2006 Season tickets. I mean, I might be the last order that got through before they pulled it off the site...have to think my chances of WS tix are about 1%...

zach23
10-19-2005, 09:28 AM
We finally got in touch with our rep yesterday and upgraded to full season. We had to give up our seats in row 1 of section 162 for row 9 of section 160, but we get all the World Series games.
It will suck losing that front row seat, but knowing we have all the Series games far outweighs that. My wife must really understand what all this means to me since she actually encouraged me to put down the money for a full season. She also didn't say a word when I rolled in at 7 am on Monday after going to see them arrive at Midway. :D:

Cuck the Fubs
10-19-2005, 09:31 AM
Still nothing either E mail or Phone contact............

I applied on line @ midnight Monday:whiner:

IspepAloc
10-19-2005, 09:41 AM
I just got that email. I have come to realize that if I get em, great. If not, it sucks but nothing I can do about it. I wish I would have known about this sooner instead of the day it ended, but what can I do.

kevingrt
10-19-2005, 09:45 AM
Man do I wish I wasn't a college student, as bad as that sounds. I pray I had the money to have season tickets. As stupid as it sounds I can't wait to get a job that pays somewhat well. In other words I want money to purchase season tickets, dammit!

God... at least I'll be in Chicago for all the home games, and get to see the palce rocking like nonother.

HITMEN OF 77
10-19-2005, 11:17 AM
I got that email at 12;08 AM this morning.

BainesHOF
10-19-2005, 11:24 AM

They killed one of the three different 27-game plans for reasons still unknown to me. I had the plan they killed. It was the least popular one - the weekday one. It sucks because I had first row in the bleachers. I can't for the life of me figure why they would kill me plan considering they're already splitting seats into two other one-third plans. It's not like they're opening up seats for full-season plans. Plus I was paying regular price, with a small discount that partial plan holders receive, for half-price nights.

daveeym
10-19-2005, 11:30 AM
I agree, and why leave the promotion up on the web site so long? This promotion was all over the radio as well. Why? Because now they got you thinking about it, now they got your name and address, and now they can say, "well, get on board now, don't get left out for next year." I bet they make a few sales of season tickets off this even without being able to get World Series tickets.

itsnotrequired
10-19-2005, 11:33 AM
They killed one of the three different 27-game plans for reasons still unknown to me. I had the plan they killed. It was the least popular one - the weekday one. It sucks because I had first row in the bleachers. I can't for the life of me figure why they would kill me plan considering they're already splitting seats into two other one-third plans. It's not like they're opening up seats for full-season plans. Plus I was paying regular price, with a small discount that partial plan holders receive, for half-price nights.

I was under the impression that there were only two split-season plans last year, the "Hit & Run" (weekdays) and the "Double-Play" (weekend). They are offering the same two plans this year. What "other" 27 game plan are you talking about?

BainesHOF
10-19-2005, 11:40 AM
I was under the impression that there were only two split-season plans last year, the "Hit & Run" (weekdays) and the "Double-Play" (weekend). They are offering the same two plans this year. What "other" 27 game plan are you talking about?

There were always three different partial plans available in the past. This year was the last one my plan was offered. It was grandfathered in for the year.

itsnotrequired
10-19-2005, 11:44 AM
There were always three different partial plans available in the past. This year was the last one my plan was offered. It was grandfathered in for the year.

I'm looking at the 2005 season ticket brocure right now and it only lists the two. For my education, what did this other 27 plan game consist of? Was it simply another weekday plan with different dates than the Hit & Run? Or was it some combo of weekday and weekends?

BainesHOF
10-19-2005, 11:47 AM
I'm looking at the 2005 season ticket brocure right now and it only lists the two. For my education, what did this other 27 plan game consist of? Was it simply another weekday plan with different dates than the Hit & Run? Or was it some combo of weekday and weekends?

My plan was a weekday plan that was grandfathered in for this year only to the people who had the plan in previous years. There were no overlapping games in any of the 27-game plans. The 81-game home season was split into thirds.

itsnotrequired
10-19-2005, 11:52 AM
My plan was a weekday plan that was grandfathered in for this year only to the people who had the plan in previous years. There were no overlapping games in any of the 27-game plans. The 81-game home season was split into thirds.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info. I always wondered why the "split-season" plans were 27 games rather than 40 or 41.:smile:

BainesHOF
10-19-2005, 01:45 PM
Ah, I see. Thanks for the info. I always wondered why the "split-season" plans were 27 games rather than 40 or 41.:smile:

After reading your post, I think I know what the Sox may be up to: Doing away with the least popular partial plan to eventually pave the way to make two partial plans of 40/41 tickets. That way they'd probably sell more tickets overall for the weekday games.

nevr say dye sox
10-19-2005, 02:41 PM
I just got off the phone with a lady at the Cell and for people who put in for 06' season tickets for guaranteed 05' WS, they have extended the time to be contacted by a sales rep is now 12:00 Friday. It was suppose to be 12:00 Today!

So maybe their is still hope! :?:

HITMEN OF 77
10-19-2005, 03:09 PM
This is crazy. Enough of this waiting. People who did the online app either got WS tickets or they didn't. This shouldn't take 3 days. Yes I knwo they got a ton of apps but, the Sox should call and say hey you got WS tix or hey you didn't. They know if people didn't get WS tix then they most likley wont want season tickets next year. The oders for WS tickets should be full and no more should be left. I'm so tired of waiting....:angry:

illini23
10-19-2005, 03:12 PM
I received an email at 10am stating the deadline for a call back was 2pm on Friday. Otherwise the deposit would be put back on my card.

The way the email read gave me hope there is still a chance for the WS Tickets. But Im mad at myself for not taking the plunge earlier and avoiding this mess. :angry:

ShoelessJoe
10-19-2005, 03:18 PM
Perhaps this delay is a deterrent to prevent brokers/scalpers to selling the tix. Or at least making it hard to sell. I would think they could care less about brokers and scalpers.

itsnotrequired
10-19-2005, 03:23 PM
After reading your post, I think I know what the Sox may be up to: Doing away with the least popular partial plan to eventually pave the way to make two partial plans of 40/41 tickets. That way they'd probably sell more tickets overall for the weekday games.

I hope they at least keep the weekend only package (27 games). That has to be a pretty popular one.

Cuck the Fubs
10-19-2005, 03:38 PM
The better question is....

How have any of you been able to get through to a live human?!?!?!?

I have been greeted with busy signals and network failures for 3 days now!

And like was mentioned.........either we have them or we don't....3 days of waiting in insane!:angry:

Scotty347
10-19-2005, 03:53 PM
FYI - there were over 3000 people who applied for this offer. That is a lot of people to call back and will take some time.

ShoelessJoe
10-19-2005, 04:00 PM
FYI - there were over 3000 people who applied for this offer. That is a lot of people to call back and will take some time.

anyone know if it is first come first served?

I did mine Monday night. I wonder how many people did theirs in the morning.

hose
10-19-2005, 04:19 PM
This is just me thinking out loud, but if I were the Sox I would give preference to people upgrading to a full season plan and new sign ups over present full season ticket holders trying to take advantage of the promotion.

The Sox already have the full season ticket owner on board and keeping them will be pretty easy after the year the club has had.

Cuck the Fubs
10-19-2005, 04:22 PM

I totally agree with you that it is a HUGE undertaking......but there are so many reports leaking out about cut off points that you would think they already know who is in or out.

A simply press release could take care of that, then they could follow up with phone contact as they get around to you!

maurice
10-19-2005, 05:42 PM
Perhaps this delay is a deterrent to prevent brokers/scalpers to selling the tix.

Nah. Most of the the ticket reps are just incompetent or lazy. It's been this way as long as I can remember.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-19-2005, 06:05 PM
anyone know if it is first come first served?

I did mine Monday night. I wonder how many people did theirs in the morning.

No - people who did what the White Sox told them to do on their own website (First to call and then to submit your order online) were SOL.

People who watched or listened to Boyer tell people to come to the park (not mentioned as an option in either "Official Press Release") were served right away. They filled orders on Tuesday morning for people in person.

So in summary it was last come first served. People in person on Tuesday were served and people who submitted their order a day earlier were not served.

This is what has caused the animosity on my end. The club did a poor job communicating to fans. In the future, they should post information accurately and initially on their website. This is what I foolishly went by when I submitted my order mid day Monday online only to learn that people a day later had their orders processed and my order is still in some in box somewhere.

ewokpelts
10-19-2005, 06:35 PM
No - people who did what the White Sox told them to do on their own website (First to call and then to submit your order online) were SOL.

People who watched or listened to Boyer tell people to come to the park (not mentioned as an option in either "Official Press Release") were served right away. They filled orders on Tuesday morning for people in person.

So in summary it was last come first served. People in person on Tuesday were served and people who submitted their order a day earlier were not served.

This is what has caused the animosity on my end. The club did a poor job communicating to fans. In the future, they should post information accurately and initially on their website. This is what I foolishly went by when I submitted my order mid day Monday online only to learn that people a day later had their orders processed and my order is still in some in box somewhere.i PAID on thurday...got club level(in the corners) on tuesday, despite going to teh park on friday.monday....and i'm already a st holder!
Gene

Vernam
10-19-2005, 07:16 PM
This is just me thinking out loud, but if I were the Sox I would give preference to people upgrading to a full season plan and new sign ups over present full season ticket holders trying to take advantage of the promotion.That's what I was hoping, too. My wife and I tried to do just that and ordered the full 2006 season on-line Monday after having been partial-season ticket holders the past two years. It's a stretch, but we really like our seats and took the plunge. One rationalization was that we probably would have bought the full-season anyway, so why not do it now and get the World Series seats?

But that's exactly the issue, I bet, so far as the Sox are concerned: In their minds, we're already counted as season ticket holders, and the Series promotion was geared to getting new butts in the seats. Fair enough, I say. Our ticket rep has always been great, and I'm sure they've worked their tails off this week. When we did get a call back about our order, it was from a marketing person who said she doesn't usually handle sales. Boy, did it show. She applied the hard-sell pressure, saying we'd need to buy two more full-season tickets, for a total of four. Uh, I don't think so, I said. Her priority seemed to be to check us off her call list. Really terrible etiquette.

I'm not pissed at the team, though, honestly. The Series ticket promotion was a cool idea, and they clearly got more than they bargained for. If my real ticket rep calls before the Series -- and I'll be surprised if he doesn't -- I'm sure he'll treat me professionally, as opposed to what the marketing person did. It's too bad the demand outstripped their ability to handle requests, because other people who are new to buying even partial-season plans obviously came away with a bad taste in their mouths. I've dealt with their actual sales staff enough to have a lot of faith in them. I hope people who felt let down will give them another chance. The team needs our support, and it galls me to see what scalpers are getting for Series tickets.

Vernam

Cuck the Fubs
10-19-2005, 07:19 PM
Ewok Pelts........love the name:D:
I do most of the Darth Vader apperances in the Chicago area, and got to do the sports on WGN as Vader. They even let me slam the Flubbies!:D:

Anyhow, I just got off the phone with a rep. This info is redundant I am sure, but I wanted to share it with you guys anyhow.

1st as I am sure you all know it must be an 81 game plan to qualify for 2005 WS Tix.
2nd, don't fret if you have not been contacted yet. The rep told me to hold out hope until noon Friday. If you do not get contacted by noon Friday, then it's time to :whiner: :whiner:

Hope this helps!

Mike

MrRoboto83
10-19-2005, 07:23 PM
I got through to a rep a few mins ago, he says they have at least another day of calling to do, and when you receive the call you will know if you got WS tickets or not. I have my fingers crossed. there is still hope. Although I have my mind set on winning the Power Ball tonight, so I will have no problem getting tickets to Scout seats to the WS.

chimpy2121
10-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Well thanks for giving me a little bit more hope before I am completely crushed by realizing I wont be going to the WS.

MrRoboto83
10-19-2005, 11:45 PM
If anyone still gets called over the next day please post what was said and if you get tickets or not.

jabrch
10-19-2005, 11:53 PM
Nah. Most of the the ticket reps are just incompetent or lazy. It's been this way as long as I can remember.

Come on...

That's harsh.

These folks are swamped right now. Imagine the sudden increase in workload...

I wouldn't go so far as to call them incompetent and lazy.

SouthSoxFan
10-20-2005, 12:19 AM
I heard the orders for season tickets outnumbered the WS tickets for this promotion by 2-1. Some folks ain't gonna be happy...

SouthSide_HitMen
10-20-2005, 12:41 AM
I heard the orders for season tickets outnumbered the WS tickets for this promotion by 2-1. Some folks ain't gonna be happy...

This should have been like no limit hold'em. I would have raised to two seasons if given the chance. I signed up for upperdeck seats but sent an email saying I would buy lower deck box seats if I knew the location first - didn't want to be in the corners with those prices.

Well it is either a phone call or I'm at Comiskey for 15 hours on Saturday scrounging for tickets (hopefully at the box office).

BainesHOF
10-20-2005, 02:06 AM
After playing an excruciating, for me, game of phone tag all day Wednesday, my rep got a hold of me at work at 8 p.m. For what it's worth, I never put a deposit down but made it clear in a number of e-mails since I heard this might happen last week that I was interested in taking advantage of this offer should it happen. I've been a 27-game plan holder for the last couple of years, though my plan is being done away with next season. I had first row in the bleachers.

I bought two full season tickets for next year in the bleachers - section 161, row 13 on the aisle. I checked on the availability of outfield lower reserved tickets and the only section that was open in left field was 156, and in right field in 107 row 2 was available, but that's row 2 behind the Bullpen Bar deck, in my opinion not a great spot for season tickets. The only lower box seats available were located way in the corners. It looks as if attendance is going to increase dramatically next year on new season tickets alone.

I got my World Series tickets but don't know exact location. All that was known is they'd be somewhere in upper deck box, meaning they can be anywhere in rows 1-12.

By rep was great as usual. He said the last two nights he's worked til 3 and 4 a.m., with another long night ahead of him. And this from a guy who first called me at 10 a.m. today. Folks, I think the reps are doing the best they can. I suspect a main reason for the delays is people in general take a long time deciding where to buy tickets. Imagine how slow a line can move at the box office. My rep was grateful I quickly asked him what was available in a handful of sections before making a fast decision.

Good luck to all of you who are still in limbo.

F1RaceFan
10-20-2005, 07:19 AM
Hey BainesHOF-

What day did you submit an application?

The Wimperoo
10-20-2005, 08:30 AM
My girlfriend said that Brooks was on Eric and Kathy this morning. He said that over 100,000 people sent in requests for season tickets this week. That's insane.

itsnotrequired
10-20-2005, 08:45 AM
My girlfriend said that Brooks was on Eric and Kathy this morning. He said that over 100,000 people sent in requests for season tickets this week. That's insane.

100,000!:o:

ShoelessJoe
10-20-2005, 09:04 AM
I doubt thats accurate.

Dadawg_77
10-20-2005, 11:33 AM
If anyone still gets called over the next day please post what was said and if you get tickets or not.

Long time no see, but thought I share. I just got a call from Sox. They told me, they might have tickets. They sent contract letter for me to sing and send back. I haven't heard if everything is finalize and they said they couldn't guarantee anything. It sounded like they were still working through the orders. I put down my first deposit on-line an hour after the Sox won on Sunday; this was a regular deposit ($200 per ticket) on-line. Later that night, after watching the Bulls game (vs. Minn.), I filled out the on-line deposit for the deal, not sure, which one placed me in line, but I think it was the former.