PDA

View Full Version : Man Soo Lee - hilarious scene stealer

Baby Fisk
10-17-2005, 03:06 PM
I love how Man Soo Lee manages to insinuate himself front and centre of every celebratory group photo after the Sox win a series. He was there after the ALDS, and there he is again in Angel Stadium, looking deliriously happy. ECSTATIC NUMBER ONE! You'd think he just threw a simulated no hitter in the bullpen or something. Hilarious. :cool:

DrummerGeorgefan
10-17-2005, 03:12 PM
Man Soo is a great asset for the team. He's a fan favorite out in left field and is just genuinely happy to be out there and doing what he probably loves. I've always said bullpen catcher must be one of the greatest jobs in the world.

Also, one of my favorite things to do in law school is look up the case where Jerry Manuel and Bobby Howry testified that Man Soo has exceptional skills inorder to stave off his deportation

supertwangreverb
10-17-2005, 03:16 PM
Man Soo is a GREAT guy, you may or not believe me when I say this but he actually lives very close to me and he's one of the nicest human beings you'll ever meet.

Harry Chappas
10-17-2005, 03:17 PM
He is my wife's favorite Sox player/coach. You can't help but to smile when you see him. He just seems to be having a blast.

Madvora
10-17-2005, 03:30 PM
Name any other bullpen catcher who has ever had his name chanted by the fans.

BRDSR
10-17-2005, 04:04 PM
Man Soo is a GREAT guy, you may or not believe me when I say this but he actually lives very close to me and he's one of the nicest human beings you'll ever meet.

Liar! When I was in Tokyo last week I noticed Kenny Williams on the phone. I don't know who he was talking to, and I could only hear one side of the conversation, but he said "Bull(poop)! Get me Man Soo Lee! I don't care what time it is on the West Coast!" From that, I've inferred that Lee lives in San Jose, California and that you're full of it!

Ha, just kidding. Thats really cool. When I was like 10 or 11 I got Man Soo's autograph on a Kid's Day. I think at the time I thought he was the backup catcher, but who cares? Definitely a class act.

cbrownson13
10-17-2005, 04:09 PM
How exactly does one become a bullpen catcher and where can I sign up?

Harry Chappas
10-17-2005, 04:42 PM
How exactly does one become a bullpen catcher and where can I sign up?\

A good starting point would be to be one of the greatest sluggers of all time in your respective country as Lee is in Korea.

spongyfungy
10-17-2005, 04:47 PM
I'll never forget him pouring champagne over Buehrle's head while screaming "GOOD JOB! GOOD JOB!"

supertwangreverb
10-17-2005, 04:54 PM
Liar! When I was in Tokyo last week I noticed Kenny Williams on the phone. I don't know who he was talking to, and I could only hear one side of the conversation, but he said "Bull(poop)! Get me Man Soo Lee! I don't care what time it is on the West Coast!" From that, I've inferred that Lee lives in San Jose, California and that you're full of it!

Ha, just kidding. Thats really cool. When I was like 10 or 11 I got Man Soo's autograph on a Kid's Day. I think at the time I thought he was the backup catcher, but who cares? Definitely a class act.

Ha, I almost got really pissed! Man Soo Lee is seriously a class act guy! He gave my dad tickets to a game the year before he died and it's probably one of the BEST memories of my dad I have is being at that game during the summer of 2000. The following summer my dad was stoke in a wheel chair and everytime Man Soo would drive by he'd always have something to say to him.

I've seen Man Soo and his sons out playing catch, and you can tell, just by watching him play catch that the man was a great ball player. I don't want to be nosey... but I'd love to go shake that mans hand today!!!

SweetnesSox
10-17-2005, 05:02 PM
Ha, I almost got really pissed! ahh i loves noobs. teal=sarcasm as in: DONT YOU KNOW HOW TO POST YOU MORON?? and deep pink is a pipe dream as in: man i sure wish morons would stop posting fake Man Soo Lee information.

This will be on the mid-term.

^no teal.

kkappelk
10-17-2005, 05:09 PM
Also, one of my favorite things to do in law school is look up the case where Jerry Manuel and Bobby Howry testified that Man Soo has exceptional skills inorder to stave off his deportation

:D:

I've got to see that. What online app did you use? LexisNexis?

DrummerGeorgefan
10-17-2005, 05:33 PM
:D:

I've got to see that. What online app did you use? LexisNexis?

Its on both westlaw and lexis at this cite: 237 F.Supp.2d 914

For those without westlaw here are some of the highlights:

Lee, a citizen of Korea, currently resides in Illinois. (R. 1-1, Compl. 3.) Lee is arguably one of the most famous baseball players in Korean history. (R. 7-2, Pl.'s Facts 2.) He played for sixteen seasons as a catcher for the Samsung Lions from 1982-1997. (R. 9, Admin. R. at 005, 069.) During that time Lee hit a total of 252 home runs with a career batting average *916 (http://<b><i><font%20color=) of .297. [FN1] (http://web2.westlaw.com/result/documenttext.aspx?cnt=DOC&rs=LAWS2.0&fn=_top&query=%22MAN+SOO+LEE%22&ss=CNT&cfid=1&blinkedcitelist=False&sv=Split&rlt=CLID_QRYRLT20271710&sskey=CLID_SSSA19271710&mt=LawSchoolPractitioner&origin=Search&method=TNC&rp#FN;F0011) (Id.) Until 1999, he held the Korean record for the most career home runs. (Id.)

Footnote 1: Because the Korean baseball season is only 80 games long, Lee's accomplishments are on the same level as that of Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron.

In July 2000, the INS sent Lee a request for additional evidence to establish that Lee is "an alien of extraordinary ability" and "is one of that small percentage who have risen to the very top of the field of endeavor." (Id. at 3.) Lee responded by providing evidence of his great success as a baseball player. (Id. at 4; R. 9, Admin. R. at 018-053.) The INS sent Lee a letter in September 2000 requesting additional evidence that he sustained national or international acclaim as a coach. (R. 7-2, Pl.'s Facts 5.) Lee responded by arguing that under the statute he was not required to submit evidence that he is an acclaimed coach. (Id. at 6.) Lee contended that he need only establish his extraordinary ability as a baseball player and his intention to continue to work in the "area of his extraordinary ability." (Id.) Lee also submitted letters from White Sox Manager Jerry Manuel and White Sox Pitcher Bob Howry to support his argument that his experience as a baseball player is relevant to the experience and skills needed to coach major league baseball. (Id., Ex. A & B.)

slobes
10-17-2005, 06:06 PM
Man Soo Lee is easily my favorite non-player on the White Sox organization. I have had my scorecard signed by him numerous times. He does seem to always be at the front of pictures, doesn't he?

PatK
10-17-2005, 06:41 PM
I got my picture with him when I was in the Mullet March on Mullet Night.

He told me I had the best mullet.

chitownhawkfan
10-17-2005, 08:13 PM
ahh i loves noobs. teal=sarcasm as in: DONT YOU KNOW HOW TO POST YOU MORON?? and deep pink is a pipe dream as in: man i sure wish morons would stop posting fake Man Soo Lee information.

This will be on the mid-term.

^no teal.

Not that I am any sort of grisled veteran, but you only have 125 posts and registered just this month, doesnt that make you a "noob" also?

hose
10-17-2005, 08:20 PM
Man Soo Lee gave a baseball to my friend's daughter yesterday before the clincher at Angel Stadium.

My buddy is a Angel season ticket holder and he said Man Soo made a friend for live with his little girl. :cool:

fquaye149
10-17-2005, 08:34 PM
Not that I am any sort of grisled veteran, but you only have 125 posts and registered just this month, doesnt that make you a "noob" also?

yes:cool:

JohnBasedowYoda
10-17-2005, 08:46 PM
that man was born to spray the bubbly