PDA

View Full Version : '59 audio clip shoutout from Ed Sherman in today's Cubune

PaleHoseGeorge
10-17-2005, 03:27 PM
Ed Sherman covers the historical significance of John Rooney's call of the pennant clinching ninth inning in today's Cubune. He also notes that Jack Brickhouse's call lives on in an audio clip at whitesoxinteractive.com.

Extra-special call for Rooney (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-051016sherman,1,2496381.column?coll=cs-columnists-navigation)

Wow, Ed. Thanks. We at WSI hope this doesn't get you in trouble with the powers that be upstairs at Cubune Tower.

:wink:

Medford Bobby
10-17-2005, 04:36 PM
:smile: Thanks for posting this.....thats my Dad's contrabution to White Sox history!

Funny that WGN does not use that audio to what footage they have of that celebration............I guess Jack never broadcasted Sox games on WGN:o:

soxfan26
10-17-2005, 04:50 PM
"The White Sox have won the pennant! They've won the pennant! And they're going to the World Series! They're mobbing Konerko, and they'll start the World Series at home on the South Side next weekend.

"Oh, baby. The White Sox finished off the Angels. Celebrate, White Sox fans, celebrate. The White Sox are going to their first World Series since 1959."

Wow. :bandance:

Lip Man 1
10-17-2005, 09:06 PM
I spoke with Ed today and he said later in the week he'll be doing another feature on the web site. He also said thanks to WSI, his 8 year old son plays the 'Go-Go Sox' Song by Captain Stubby 15 times a day... :smile:

Lip

SweetnesSox
10-17-2005, 09:13 PM
except he DID say "it's a white sox winner". I have it on my iPod. here's the real transcription via sweetness:

"contreras gave up 2 runs in the fifth and fell behind 3-2. He has been tough, tough, tough since then... Here's a swing, and a ground ball to first! Konerko has it! He steps on the bag! The White Sox have won the pennant! They've won the pennant! A white sox winner, and they're going to the world series! They're mobbing Konerko on the first-base side of the infield. The White Sox have won four in a row, and they'll start the World Series at home on the south side next weekend! ohhh baby!"