PDA

View Full Version : A Day of Thanks

SouthSide_HitMen
10-17-2005, 12:46 PM
WE ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES!!!!

What a game, what a series!!!

We endured the trolls and all the doubters and haters all season. It was well worth it!!!

Joe Crede - the man a few haters wanted out of Chicago, came up big as he has during all the big games including the second Cleveland game when he hit two Home Runs including the game winner in the 10th to regain the 2 1/2 game lead for the White Sox - a lead they never relinguished the entire season (and in the playoffs until losing Game 1 which we promptly corrected during the next four games).

Crede's big home run in the 7th tied the game up against the Angels excellent relief staff which was followed by the game winning RBI in the 8th after Rowand's walk and AJ's "error" (how was that ruled an error?). Paully and Rowand added insurance in the 9th but Contreras and Crede were the story tonight.

And how bout that Contreras. He was getting better as the game went on retiring the last 15 batters!!!

I wish I was in Anaheim cheering them on but I was at the next best place - Chicago celebrating with the greatest fans on Earth - Chicago White Sox fans.

No air raid sirens tonight but we didn't need them. Ozzie was correct as usual when he said "The beer tastes better after you win." The beer was flowing in Chicago last night and all season!!!

Congratulations White Sox and thank you so much for giving us this great season. Thank you Kenny Williams for building this team - your sage wisdom is responsible for assembling Chicago's best team since 1959. AJ Pierzynski, Jermaine Dye, Juan Uribe, Scott "The Mighty Flea!!!" Podsednik, Tadahito Iguchi, Dustin Hermanson, Luis Vizcaino. The Garcia trade (which I foolishly bashed at the time). Buehrle's deal. Crazy Carl (twice). Contreras deal (a second I foolishly didn't like). El Duque. Bobby Jenk's waiver claim (off the Angels). Cliff Politte. Neal Cotts who came over in the Foulke / Koch deal. This team is your team Kenny Williams. You did a masterful job. You may not have a book written about you (I am sure that will change shortly) but you are in the World Series and are one of the best in the business!!!

Thank you Ozzie Guillen for your vision of pitching and defense which is the reason for our success. Your handling of the pitching staff all season made this possibly the best managed season in Chicago baseball history. Swapping Takatsu out for Hermanson and then when his back was sore selecting Jenks to close out some key games down the stretch. Adding El Duque to the playoff roster and being rewarded with one of the best relief performances ever in the 6th inning in Boston.

Ozzie was a key motavating factor for several players. He stuck with the best fielding left side of the infield since the Orioles of the late 1960s even when they were slumping. Many people called for Uribe and Crede to be traded / replaced but Ozzie stuck with them and they paid dividends especially in the second half and playoffs. Uribe is the best fielding shortstop in baseball period. He is 26 and will continue to improve at the plate.

What a great season. What a great team. All the people behind the scenes deserve credit as well. Coop the best pitching coach. Bossard and the trainers. JR who hired the right people and bumped up payroll the past few years. Everybody associated with the White Sox should be as proud as we are of you - you truly earned it!!!

Go White Sox!!!

VenturaSoxFan23
10-17-2005, 01:17 PM
Thank you Jerry for opening up the wallet.

Here's my scenario: For Game 1, I want Reinsdorf to gather up all 6 of his Bulls trophies and drop them off at home plate...to let us know he's serious about trading up. :D:

jerry myers
10-17-2005, 03:37 PM
thank you jerry kenny ozzie and all the players for giving you all! you know our hearts. keep fighting... next year two. lets have champion baseball on the southside.

JorgeFabregas
10-17-2005, 03:40 PM
Boy, does the proposed Florida trade for Burnett and Lowell look bad now.

SweetnesSox
10-17-2005, 08:03 PM
I just added that to my iPod. beautiful.

salty99
10-17-2005, 08:04 PM
how about the trade for Griffey? :dtroll:

zach074
10-17-2005, 08:13 PM
Well Said. Thank You White Sox! There is still more to do but thank you for all you have done so far this season.:gulp: