PDA

View Full Version : For those who like this trade

KempersRS
12-12-2001, 03:56 PM
For you guys out there that feel you don't mind giving up a pitching prospect like Garland...please explain to me your 2002 pitching staff that will keep us as contenders. If you expect these guys to lead us to a division title, you are out of your mind.
:rocked :butter :ginter :wright

Bmr31
12-12-2001, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
For you guys out there that feel you don't mind giving up a pitching prospect like Garland...please explain to me your 2002 pitching staff that will keep us as contenders. If you expect these guys to lead us to a division title, you are out of your mind.

ladies and gentlemen let me introduce the new Texas Rangers!

Viva Magglio
12-12-2001, 03:58 PM
That is why :caballo must be traded if we get Erstad.

Tragg
12-12-2001, 04:05 PM
I do know one thing - we are really deep in young pitching.

i know, it takes the sox about 5 years to get a guy from high minors into the majors. Maybe garland isn't the player to trade.

BUT, pitching is what we should trade - maybe the minor league arms - because that's where we have our depth.

moochpuppy
12-12-2001, 04:05 PM
I would have to believe that there would be a pitcher coming with Erstad from the Angels.

Also the Sox could still get Ritche from Pittsburgh and Estes from San Fran.

Spiff
12-12-2001, 04:09 PM

2000 Chicago White Sox Division Champion Pitching Staff

Jim Parque
Mike Sirotka
James Baldwin
Cal Eldred
Kip Wells

Before that season, did anyone expect those five would help win the division?

KempersRS
12-12-2001, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00

2000 Chicago White Sox Division Champion Pitching Staff

Jim Parque
Mike Sirotka
James Baldwin
Cal Eldred
Kip Wells

Before that season, did anyone expect those five would help win the division?

At least we had a more stable staff and pen. Half of the pitchers who make up this team are coming off injuries this time around.

cheeses_h_rice
12-12-2001, 04:15 PM

MAYBE 2 of those 4 would be in the rotation. Ginter is not a starter on this team, and neither is Biddle.

Have you forgotten about Kip Wells? Gary Glover? Sean Lowe? The pitcher they're trying to get for El Caballo?

Yes, there is a huge upside to Garland, but hasn't that been the case for the last 2 years?

KempersRS
12-12-2001, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

MAYBE 2 of those 4 would be in the rotation. Ginter is not a starter on this team, and neither is Biddle.

Have you forgotten about Kip Wells? Gary Glover? Sean Lowe? The pitcher they're trying to get for El Caballo?

Yes, there is a huge upside to Garland, but hasn't that been the case for the last 2 years?

Kip Wells hasn't proved a single thing to anyone. He is not a starter. Glover and Lowe have 5-6 innings in them per game. Add Parque to that rotation and you have 3 pitchers who have no ability to go deep into games. The pen is coming off surgery, they will be burnt by July.

cheeses_h_rice
12-12-2001, 04:25 PM

Kip Wells hasn't proved a single thing to anyone. He is not a starter. Glover and Lowe have 5-6 innings in them per game. Add Parque to that rotation and you have 3 pitchers who have no ability to go deep into games. The pen is coming off surgery, they will be burnt by July.

And how many complete games does Garland have under his belt? None. He is still unproven. Yeah, I know that he was a reliever for part of last year, but Garland is a 6-7 inning pitcher as well.

So many of you are acting like we gave up A Sure Thing. No one is going to give the Sox a career .990+ fielder and .293 hitter for nothing. You have to take a gamble every once in a while. I for one feel mildly optimistic about this one...