PDA

View Full Version : "Quotes From the Opposition (Angels)" Thread

Unregistered
10-17-2005, 01:10 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2005/10/17/sj9i8cfO.jpg

I always like to see what the other team has to say about the Sox - especially when the Sox win.

"We flat-out got beat by a better team this week," said second baseman Adam Kennedy. "No way around that. I'll definitely have my White Sox hat on during the World Series. They're a great team, and fun to watch."

"They did a good job pitching in this series," hitting coach Mickey Hatcher said. "They were constantly ahead of hitters, they didn't get behind and they made their pitches."

"I've never seen four horses like that that come out of the gate and have pitched so well," manager Mike Scioscia said. "These guys pitched tremendous baseball."

"They did a good job with every one of our hitters," Guerrero said through an interpreter. "I look back and maybe I tried to do too much, so maybe I tried too hard, but they got it done with their pitching."

"Whatever controversies there may have been, they took advantage when they needed to take advantage," Kennedy said. "It was all White Sox in this series. They took it to us pretty good."

"You have to tip your cap to the White Sox," general manager Bill Stoneman said. "They played very well and they deserve to go to the World Series."

"We needed perfection in this series and we just couldn't do it," Paul Byrd said. "The White Sox pitched as well as I've ever seen in a series. Their starters were just phenomenal. But it was a complete win for them. They came through with the big hits, they came through with the timely hits. They won as a team and you have to tip your cap to them."

"It was unbelievable how those guys threw the ball," Angels reliever Scot Shields said.

"They made pitches every time they had to make pitches. They got big hits every time they had to get big hits," said Jarrod Washburn, who said he "probably" was wearing his Angels jersey for the final time. He still had it on, long afterward. We swept them in September when they were going into a little funk and it looked like their pitchers were getting a little tired," Washburn said. "It must have been that 'dead arm' syndrome that you normally get in the spring. They sure got their second wind."

"They won it on the field," Garret Anderson said. "If it's July, you don't see Ozzie letting those pitchers go nine. But I wasn't surprised because they kept making pitches. They beat us."

And finally, from today's Orange County Register:

http://www.ocregister.com/newsimages/sports/2005/10/sportoon%20for%20web.g1016%20copy.jpg

StepsInSC
10-17-2005, 01:40 PM
Good quotes! It's nice to read. I was afraid the umpiring would be the focus of every Angel's quote, but I didn't give the Angel's players and Scioscia enough credit.

itsnotrequired
10-17-2005, 01:43 PM
The Angels message boards are pretty good too. There was a lot of beef over game two but by the end, even they saw that the Angels just didn't have it. Props from most of the posters for the Sox and a lot of anger towards their won team's shoddy performance.

The Cub boards, on the other hand...:rolleyes:

Madvora
10-17-2005, 01:43 PM
This shows you how good the Sox really are because the Angels are a damn good team. For us to just wipe out Boston and Anaheim like we did, it means something special.

voodoochile
10-17-2005, 01:48 PM
Hat's off to the Angels. They are a classy team and clearly the second best team in the AL this season. The loss of Colon at the end of the ALDS may have had a huge impact on this series, but in the end, the Sox pitchers were just better.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-17-2005, 01:48 PM
Tip of the cap to Mike Scioscia and the Angels. When the beating was over, not a single one of them whined about any of the media's story angles that otherwise seemed to preoccupy their thoughts since last Tuesday. Those are some classy quotes from a classy organization.

Did anyone else notice that there wasn't a single member of the Angels declaring the better team doesn't always win? Are you listening Tim Wakefield and "Red Sox Nation"?

:cool:

chitownhawkfan
10-17-2005, 01:49 PM
Thats a lot classier than the response from Tim Wakefield when we beat Boston.

chitownhawkfan
10-17-2005, 01:51 PM
Tip of the cap to Mike Scioscia and the Angels. When the beating was over, not a single one of them whined about any of the media's story angles that otherwise seemed to preoccupy their thoughts since last Tuesday. Those are some classy quotes from a classy organization.

Did anyone else notice that there wasn't a single member of the Angels declaring the better team doesn't always win? Are you listening Tim Wakefield and "Red Sox Nation"?

When I was typing my above response your message wasn't even up yet PHG, that is weird. I was thinking the exact same thing.

Dan Mega
The Angels message boards are pretty good too. There was a lot of beef over game two but by the end, even they saw that the Angels just didn't have it. Props from most of the posters for the Sox and a lot of anger towards their won team's shoddy performance.

The Cub boards, on the other hand...:rolleyes:

Classless Angels Players Give No Credit to Umps for Sox "Win"

itsnotrequired

The Sox are a different team from the one that was in the ALDS. In this case, the better team did win.:rolleyes:

tacosalbarojas
10-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Adam Kennedy, you can wear a White Sox hat all the way through Thanksgiving, buddy.

Hokiesox
10-17-2005, 02:19 PM
Hat's off to the Angels. They are a classy team and clearly the second best team in the AL this season. The loss of Colon at the end of the ALDS may have had a huge impact on this series, but in the end, the Sox pitchers were just better.

If Colon hadn't missed the series, he and Garland would be pitching the 100th inning of game 4 by now.

Chisox003
10-17-2005, 02:22 PM
:gulp: To the Angels ... Now that's a classy organization

spawn
10-17-2005, 02:28 PM
Yankee Fans (http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=90141) are giving the Sox props as well...it only took the Sox getting to the World Series to get the respect they deserved, but that's ok. They have without a doubt earned it.:gulp: