PDA

View Full Version : Gathering for Saturday

jenn2080
10-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Anyone have an ideas about gatherings for Saturday? I hope to be at the game on Saturday but if I dont I would like to be watching it with tons of "real" Sox fans. I was thinking PUffers but figured it would be crazy packed because the Sox are at home.

woodenleg
10-17-2005, 12:03 PM
There's this one place at Lake Calumet that's really nice.

:cool:

Sad
10-17-2005, 12:08 PM
was wondering myself...

I'm coming in for the Bears/Ravens game Saturday night & staying at the Essex Inn (overnight package purchased back in July)...

was thinking of my usual stop at South Loop Club, but then I thought I might just hop the El down to 35th and pick up a souvenoir or 2 even if I don't get tickets...

guess I could hoof it to Halsted from there...
is Puffer's south or north of 35th?

house215
10-17-2005, 12:11 PM
PARTY AT MY PLACE! :gulp:

jenn2080
10-17-2005, 12:33 PM
Well here are my options...

1. the game
2. Players Club(Ogden and Racind)
3. Union Park

I went to players club on Friday...tons of tvs with one big HUGE projector screen. good place to watch the game. Actually Union and Players is good. If my cousins go to Players which I think is the plan that is where I will be. I highly recommend it.

Cat Thief
10-17-2005, 12:35 PM
was wondering myself...

I'm coming in for the Bears/Ravens game Saturday night & staying at the Essex Inn (overnight package purchased back in July)...

was thinking of my usual stop at South Loop Club, but then I thought I might just hop the El down to 35th and pick up a souvenoir or 2 even if I don't get tickets...

North

steff
10-17-2005, 12:37 PM
was wondering myself...

There's a Bears game Sunday...????

SOXPHILE
10-17-2005, 01:12 PM
Some of us are thinking about going to 115 Bourbon Street. Looks like there's always a good Sox crowd there. I've been there several times, but never during a Sox game, so I'm thinking for the World Series -(I can't believe I'm typing that !:bandance: ) - it should be out of control.

Stoky44
10-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Some of us are thinking about going to 115 Bourbon Street. Looks like there's always a good Sox crowd there. I've been there several times, but never during a Sox game, so I'm thinking for the World Series -(I can't believe I'm typing that !:bandance: ) - it should be out of control.

I was at Bourbon Street for game 4, and it was freaking great. I wish I was there last night. I HIGHLY recommend going there, but get there early. Even though the place is huge, capacity close to 6,000, it fills up. Its a really fun atmosphere, and there are a TON of Sox fans.

Oh yeah and as a side note, a Cub fan tried getting in with a Cub jersey on and they turned him away. Only bad thing is the upset Cub fan called the police complaining that the TV trucks were blocking fire lanes, they almost shut the place down until the mayor of Merrionette Park stepped in.

Sad
10-17-2005, 01:39 PM
I was at Bourbon Street for game 4, and it was freaking great. I wish I was there last night. I HIGHLY recommend going there, but get there early. Even though the place is huge, capacity close to 6,000, it fills up. Its a really fun atmosphere, and there are a TON of Sox fans.

where's this joint at?

spiffie
10-17-2005, 01:41 PM
Anyone have an ideas about gatherings for Saturday? I hope to be at the game on Saturday but if I dont I would like to be watching it with tons of "real" Sox fans. I was thinking PUffers but figured it would be crazy packed because the Sox are at home.
Puffers was awesome. Totally recommended as a place to watch a game at, and I know I'll be there for all the away games.

chisoxfanatic
10-17-2005, 01:43 PM
where's this joint at?

Merionette Park.

And, if I can't get my hands on a ticket to Saturday's game, we'll be at Puffers once again.

Stoky44
10-17-2005, 01:44 PM
where's this joint at?

115 Bourbon Street

3359 West 115th Street Merrionette Park, Illinois 60803 708.388.8881

Droso5
10-17-2005, 02:08 PM
Soxphile, 115 Bourbon St. is definitely a solid place. Easy to get to and some fairly decent specials, for me it is only about 30 min away from my place of residence in Frankfort. But, that place is usually insanely crowded, although, the ladies dressed in next to nothing is fine by me. I was thinking something possibly on Western Ave, Cork and Kerry or something like that, a little small, but something more fit to watch a game...Of course there is always Hooters......

SOXPHILE
10-17-2005, 02:45 PM
Soxphile, 115 Bourbon St. is definitely a solid place. Easy to get to and some fairly decent specials, for me it is only about 30 min away from my place of residence in Frankfort. But, that place is usually insanely crowded, although, the ladies dressed in next to nothing is fine by me. I was thinking something possibly on Western Ave, Cork and Kerry or something like that, a little small, but something more fit to watch a game...Of course there is always Hooters......

Good. Just as I thought. The times I've been there, it's a haul from where I live in the NW 'burbs, but I've waited my entire life to see the Sox in the Series, so driving for an hour to get to a good place to watch 'em shouldn't be a big deal. The other thing you say about the place is true, and a good thing too.:thumbsup:

sas1974
10-17-2005, 02:51 PM
I was at Players on Friday and Sunday and it was a pretty good time. That 160in projection tv makes all the difference. I hit Union Park on Saturday and that wasn't a bad option either. They have a ton of plasmas and you'd have to look hard to find a bad seat. Both places were packed with Sox fans.