PDA

View Full Version : Moments of Unintentional Humor

DrummerGeorgefan
10-17-2005, 11:47 AM
Anyone else have any moments from last nights celebration that were unintentional humor: I can think of three

1. Carl looking for his wife, to calls of 'Where you at baby girl?"
2. Ozzie's kids pounding miller lites
3. Coop chomping on that cigar

lumpyspun
10-17-2005, 12:13 PM
The picture of Carl (on the right side of the team photo) on the cover of the Cubune is absolutley hillarious. He is blowing a big puff of smoke and the look on his face is priceless....

Madvora
10-17-2005, 12:21 PM
How about Willie Harris walking around with a blue towel around his neck, so he could share in the champagne spaying experience?

dzipio
10-17-2005, 12:23 PM
So why is Carl Everett looking for his wife funny? 'Cause he calls his wife "baby girl?" Yeah thats a real hoot. What are you a cub fan?:angry:

donkeylips
10-17-2005, 12:23 PM
Jackie Bange asking who the WGN correspondant was interviewing

Rich King - "Ken Williams"

Jackie Bange "...."

Rich King - "White Sox GM"

Unregistered
10-17-2005, 12:24 PM
So why is Carl Everett looking for his wife funny? 'Cause he calls his wife "baby girl?" Yeah thats a real hoot. What are you a cub fan?:angry:Lighten up, Frances.

jenn2080
10-17-2005, 12:28 PM
how about AJ being part of another crazy call at first? i love aj.

Madvora
10-17-2005, 12:28 PM
Lighten up, Frances.Nice!

I think another funny thing was watching all the Chicago reporters trying to get a hold of players to interview. They were stealing guys from each other and running around frantically. It was total chaos. You could tell they were getting a little pissed out there.

steff
10-17-2005, 12:30 PM
Nice!

I think another funny thing was watching all the Chicago reporters trying to get a hold of players to interview. They were stealing guys from each other and running around frantically. It was total chaos. You could tell they were getting a little pissed out there.

I was LMAO at that also. They were just talking over each other. Near the end of the night it was obvious that Oz was getting irritated.

dzipio
10-17-2005, 12:33 PM
Lighten up, Frances.

OK Unregistered, you tell me why that's funny. I'm guessing the same reason Lumpyspun's picture is "funny."

Madvora
10-17-2005, 12:35 PM
OK Unregistered, you tell me why that's funny. I'm guessing the same reason Lumpyspun's picture is "funny."

"Anybody touches me... I'll kill ya"

!http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/5305/str8ud.png

steff
10-17-2005, 12:35 PM
OK Unregistered, you tell me why that's funny. I'm guessing the same reason Lumpysum's picture is "funny."

It's funny because in all that was going on.. the beer shower, the reporters calling for him, the cigar smoke cloud over him, and the hysterical pictures.. he stopped and called for his wife.. It was cute, it was humerous.

Is there a reason you are being so ignorant in this thread..?

voodoochile
10-17-2005, 12:38 PM
It's funny because in all that was going on.. the beer shower, the reporters calling for him, the cigar smoke cloud over him, and the hysterical pictures.. he stopped and called for his wife.. It was cute, it was humerous.

Is there a reason you are being so ignorant in this thread..?

Excellent question...

DrummerGeorgefan
10-17-2005, 12:42 PM
So why is Carl Everett looking for his wife funny? 'Cause he calls his wife "baby girl?" Yeah thats a real hoot. What are you a cub fan?:angry:

The whole situation was funny, considering that the reporters wouldnt let him do it and kept pestering him. The way he said it was pretty funny too. It was almost like a Rocky I moment and I think he knew it, so was acting it up.

itsnotrequired
10-17-2005, 12:45 PM
The whole situation was funny, considering that the reporters wouldnt let him do it and kept pestering him. The way he said it was pretty funny too. It was almost like a Rocky I moment and I think he knew it, so was acting it up.

Got to give him props for looking. There were what, two or three thousand people down there? They were all going mad. I'd have trouble looking for someone as well!

Madvora
10-17-2005, 12:49 PM
I was LMAO at that also. They were just talking over each other. Near the end of the night it was obvious that Oz was getting irritated.
A couple other great ones were Mark Giangreco (I think) standing next to Joe Crede and waiting for him to get off his cell phone so he could interview him. Mark was staring at him forever and got pissed that he was blown off.

Another was Pierzynski saying that he had to go because he wanted to spend some time with his teammates. Gail Fisher tried to yell out another question and was blown off. I think she was pissed too.

I hate the intrusive media.

voodoochile
10-17-2005, 12:51 PM
I hate the intrusive media.

See that's the point. Now they want a piece of the action. Now they want to talk about the team. Now they want to write something cool.

The Sox kept it real like they have all year, did the media thing but made it about what it has been about all year - the team.

Brian26
10-17-2005, 12:53 PM
The best interview of the night was when KW yelled at Pat Boyle on Comcast for asking about resigning PK. Great stuff.

steff
10-17-2005, 12:54 PM
The best interview of the night was when KW yelled at Pat Boyle on Comcast for asking about resigning PK. Great stuff.

These are some good ones from Oz in print..

On the street value of a World Series ring: "You cannot buy a World Series ring on the streets. Ask Alex Rodriguez, he's got millions of dollars and no rings. That's why I say, 'God bless Derek Jeter. He's got a lot of money and a lot of rings.' "

On his next career: "Oh, I got a lot of jobs. Maybe not analyst on ESPN, because my English is not that good. I would sit next to Jerry [Reinsdorf] and criticize the players. That's an easy job."

On why he would write only a few reports when scouting the minor leagues: "In the minor leagues, you got three good players. Why do I have to send a report on the other 22?"

chitownhawkfan
10-17-2005, 01:04 PM

Hey chief, take it easy, we just won the pennant, its alright to be happy!

I was at the bar last night and this real drunk dumbass started going crazy when they flashed back to Joe Crede's previous homerun, the whole bar looked at him like he was some kind of dumbass. They were especially on edge because at this point we were losing. Sure enough next pitch Crede killed that hanging curve. Not so much funny, but it made me chuckle at the bar.

VenturaSoxFan23
10-17-2005, 01:05 PM
I think Carl on Channel 9 was funny, cause he was already blasted not 30 minutes after the game. You could tell in his eyes and the way he was talking.

Some intentional humor:
I liked when someone came over to tell Ozzie his wife was on the phone and he brought it over. After saying hi he looked at the media and said "Thank you, Mr. Bush."

PatK
10-17-2005, 01:05 PM
A couple other great ones were Mark Giangreco (I think) standing next to Joe Crede and waiting for him to get off his cell phone so he could interview him. Mark was staring at him forever and got pissed that he was blown off.

Seeing how smug Mark was during the "collapse" in September, and his attitude towards the Sox in general, I don't know why anyone would even bother to talk to him.

spongyfungy
10-17-2005, 01:07 PM

"come on now, I'm not going to get into that, it's time to celebrate"

Let me tell you, Howard Sudberry was the king of talking over everyone. He got all the interviews (he had a runner or producer or some intern snatching people up, getting interviews). He kept talking over Corey Mcpherrin, Ryan Baker, Giangreco, Fisher, Boyle. He still got the best looking interviews though. but Levine got the best interviews. Something about following the team gives the interviews some teeth.

Dan Roan was such a wuss. He let everyone walk all over him sticking a mike in other people's interview. Non-intrusive but in a way, I like that. Rich King correcting Jackie Bange was funny too.

At the desk, Mark Schanowski was the best. Mark Malone and Blanzy can't relate. Rob Johnson was the best non sports desk person. He's always correcting his co-anchors (ie. White Sox are the "division champs", then Rob says AL champs.) He's the consumate pro.

I had 3 dvr's going and was flipping through all of them. re-living the moment over and over.

dzipio
10-17-2005, 01:11 PM
Hey chief, take it easy, we just won the pennant, its alright to be happy!

OK, sorry. I'm at work and seriously sleep deprived. I saw it as a slap at Carl and didn't want anybody dissing any of the guys.:redface:

VenturaSoxFan23
10-17-2005, 01:13 PM
Don't feel sorry for Dan Roan, he made sure he had that WGN9 flag flying high on the Comcast feed, sticking it right in everybody's face and the cameras.

Iwritecode
10-17-2005, 01:17 PM
During the team pictue on the field Crede didn't have a cigar so he snatched one out of the mouth of the person next to him and started puffing away. :D:

pdimas
10-17-2005, 01:18 PM
I kept cracking up everytime they showed Ozzie's (underaged) kids downing cans of Miller Lite :D: Yeehaa!:gulp:

JohnBasedowYoda
10-17-2005, 01:19 PM
i think it's kind of funny watching podsednik do an interview. invariably he says the same things over and over. "i can't say enough about our pitching staff.." and the "i don't have the words to describe it"

Masterwill
10-17-2005, 01:30 PM
Came from my 86 yr old mother when she called me after the game. "Why do they have that Everet in there, he just flies out and strikes out. He must be a good fielder, then."

I cracked up. She never really accepted the DH rule.

DrummerGeorgefan
10-17-2005, 01:44 PM
OK, sorry. I'm at work and seriously sleep deprived. I saw it as a slap at Carl and didn't want anybody dissing any of the guys.:redface:

No problem man...we're cool

kitekrazy
10-17-2005, 01:48 PM
See that's the point. Now they want a piece of the action. Now they want to talk about the team. Now they want to write something cool.

We could start a thread on stupid questions the reporters were asking like, "How does it feel?"

At let me guess...lousy, sad for the Angels, doesn't feel as good as the last time we won the pennant. Really dumb duh questions.

TheDarkGundam
10-17-2005, 02:42 PM
Right after the trophy presentation:

Ozzie: "I wanna say hi to...uh...
Fox guy: "Venezuela?"
Ozzie: "Yeah! Venezuela!!"

That and Ozzie pretending to talk to Bush on the phone, that was awesome.:D:

Etownsox13
10-17-2005, 03:15 PM
Anyone else have any moments from last nights celebration that were unintentional humor: I can think of three

1. Carl looking for his wife, to calls of 'Where you at baby girl?"
2. Ozzie's kids pounding miller lites
3. Coop chomping on that cigar

No what was funny is I go to school and play ball with Ozzie's two oldest kids (Ozzie and Oni) and our School (one North Park University) sent Ozzie a letter telling him that he was being reprimanded by the school because he was drinking on national tv, and that behavior wasn't befitting of a "Urban Christian University". When he told me this I thought it was the most most ridiculous thing I had ever heard. :rolling:

Baby Fisk
10-17-2005, 03:22 PM
Reinsdorf and Mrs. Autry chatting at each other like they were at a tea party while champagne flew at them from off camera. Then Ozzie barges into the middle of the scene.

eriqjaffe
10-17-2005, 03:40 PM

Easily my favorite of the night.

SweetnesSox
10-17-2005, 04:56 PM

easily funniest thing i saw. corey mcpherrin trying to cut in on somebody's telecast. he kept trying to get a question in but the other guy would just scream his question louder. it was HILARIOUS. corey's a good sox fan though :wink:

ChiWavDave
10-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Best of the night.... Corey McPherin and Black Jack talking to Tim Raines in the dugout. Corey sees Paulie come out of the tunnel, there like 1 question into talking with Rock. Corey takes off running with the Camera man and Black Jack and Rock have this "what the ****" look on their faces. And all you can hear as the cameraman is running is " Paulie, Paulie" Were live in Chicago, Paulie... Priceless!

The Racehorse
10-17-2005, 05:57 PM
During the team pictue on the field Crede didn't have a cigar so he snatched one out of the mouth of the person next to him and started puffing away. :D:

I kept cracking up everytime they showed Ozzie's (underaged) kids downing cans of Miller Lite :D: Yeehaa!:gulp:

That and Ozzie pretending to talk to Bush on the phone, that was awesome.:D:

Reinsdorf and Mrs. Autry chatting at each other like they were at a tea party while champagne flew at them from off camera. Then Ozzie barges into the middle of the scene.

LOL... reading this thread was awesome!

I'm still amped from last night... GO SOX!!! :cool:

:supernana:

robertks61
10-17-2005, 06:51 PM
The funniest part was some of the dufus reporters trying to get interviews. They had all season to interview the best team in baseball but ignored them. Now comes band wagon time and there here!

GO WHITE SOX!! GREAT JOB!

zach074
10-17-2005, 07:02 PM
If anyone has seen the show "Cheaters" that is exactly what Corey McPherin was like last night, running around telling the camera man to follow him.

antitwins13
10-17-2005, 07:34 PM
Ozzie's kids drinking on national TV was priceless.

JayMoroniotti
10-17-2005, 08:05 PM
Corey McPherrin looked like such an idiot cutting in on the channel 2 guy's interview with Carl Everett. The funny part was Carl got ticked by Corey and just ignored every question he tried to ask.

Also hilarious was when A.J. blew off Pat Boyle trying to get an interview like he wasn't even there. Boyle's face was priceless as he turned back to the camera :o: <--Pat Boyle

4th Gen. Sox Fan
10-17-2005, 08:59 PM
I think Carl on Channel 9 was funny, cause he was already blasted not 30 minutes after the game. You could tell in his eyes and the way he was talking.

Some intentional humor:
I liked when someone came over to tell Ozzie his wife was on the phone and he brought it over. After saying hi he looked at the media and said "Thank you, Mr. Bush."

I think it was Black Jack that gave him the cellphone

Vernam
10-17-2005, 09:47 PM
My fave was when Buehrle came dashing out of the clubhouse into the dugout and the reporter rushed over to interview him. He gave them the "wait a minute" sign, like he had something more important to do. Which was to spray all the Sox fans behind the dugout with Champagne. With that done, he did his interviews.

Not a funny moment, but I loved when AJ cut short a clubhouse interview, saying he wanted to go be with his teammates. :gulp:

Vernam

SOXintheBURGH
10-17-2005, 09:49 PM
My fave was when Buehrle came dashing out of the clubhouse into the dugout and the reporter rushed over to interview him. He gave them the "wait a minute" sign, like he had something more important to do. Which was to spray all the Sox fans behind the dugout with Champagne. With that done, he did his interviews.

Not a funny moment, but I loved when AJ cut short a clubhouse interview, saying he wanted to go be with his teammates. :gulp:

Vernam

Yeah, thats our AJ. :gulp:

StrTrkker
10-17-2005, 10:11 PM
Ozzie's kids drinking on national TV was priceless.

I saw that too but I thought it was cans of Pepsi they were drinking. :D:

Hey...if it was beer/champagne then they could be a new version of The Bad News Sox.

Viva Medias B's
10-17-2005, 10:28 PM
No what was funny is I go to school and play ball with Ozzie's two oldest kids (Ozzie and Oni) and our School (one North Park University) sent Ozzie a letter telling him that he was being reprimanded by the school because he was drinking on national tv, and that behavior wasn't befitting of a "Urban Christian University". When he told me this I thought it was the most most ridiculous thing I had ever heard. :rolling:

Ozzie Jr. and Oney should transfer to Loyola. Trust me, the Jesuits won't reprimand either one of them even if they get hammered on national television.

mterraza
10-18-2005, 12:21 PM

That was my reaction to it as well. Considering we were underdogs all year-round and finally took our best shot and won. It was straight out of Rocky "ADRIANN!!!"

funny and very cool.

wdelaney72
10-18-2005, 12:55 PM
I saw that too but I thought it was cans of Pepsi they were drinking. :D:

Hey...if it was beer/champagne then they could be a new version of The Bad News Sox.

Ozzie Jr. = Tanner
Oney = Kelly

skottyj242
10-18-2005, 01:59 PM
That was my reaction to it as well. Considering we were underdogs all year-round and finally took our best shot and won. It was straight out of Rocky "ADRIANN!!!"

funny and very cool.

Or "Jerry Maguire" when Rod Tidwell is looking for Jerry after the big game.

Etownsox13
10-19-2005, 06:13 PM
Ozzie Jr. = Tanner
Oney = Kelly

:rolling: I'll tell them you said that

SOXintheBURGH
10-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Ozzie Jr. = Tanner
Oney = Kelly

Does that mean
Bafia = Timmy Lupis?

Lorenzo Barcelo
10-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Ozzie Jr. and Oney should transfer to Loyola. Trust me, the Jesuits won't reprimand either one of them even if they get hammered on national television.
I thought Oney went to UIC last year and was on the baseball team here?

Etownsox13
10-22-2005, 10:49 AM
I thought Oney went to UIC last year and was on the baseball team here?

Yeah, Ozzie Jr. played with us last year at North Park, and Oney was at UIC but he tranfered to play with his brother, and to get some playing time cuz he redshirted last year.

NardiIsHere
10-22-2005, 02:38 PM
Ozzie's kids pounding Miller Lite...HILARIOUS. Also, did anyone else spot Black Jack in the dugout during the celebration?

TheDarkGundam
10-24-2005, 02:28 PM
After Pods' homer in Game 2 of the WS, everyone's reaction was priceless. I epecially loved when Carl tried jumping over the dugout fence, and fell on his back. He just got back up and jumped in with everyone else. Awesome.

Ron Karkovice
10-25-2005, 12:26 AM
I thought it was pretty funny when marrioti slapped the back of Mrs. Biggios head because he thought it was Konerko's post pregnant wife.

DrummerGeorgefan
10-25-2005, 09:07 AM
I have to add Marte's reaction to the PK grand slam when he was warming up...in the corner of the screen you see him jumping up and down in the bullpen like a little leaguer who just found out that pizza was free after the game

akingamongstmen
10-25-2005, 10:49 AM
I thought it was pretty funny when marrioti slapped the back of Mrs. Biggios head because he thought it was Konerko's post pregnant wife.

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Madvora
10-26-2005, 12:15 PM
Last night's moment would be Geoff Blum's hair.

Iguana775
10-26-2005, 04:02 PM

That's lame! I hope Ozzie chugs a whole bottle of bubbly on TV when they win.

Iwritecode
10-26-2005, 04:22 PM
(question after Blum hit the homerun in game 3)

reporter: what was going through your mind as you rounded the bases?

Blum: Make sure and step on all the bases.

He also mentioned having to really concentrate to give Raines a high-five and step on first all at the same time.

:D:

Iguana775
10-26-2005, 04:42 PM
(question after Blum hit the homerun in game 3)

reporter: what was going through your mind as you rounded the bases?

Blum: Make sure and step on all the bases.

He also mentioned having to really concentrate to give Raines a high-five and step on first all at the same time.

:D:

I heard that too. Funny stuff.

bringfrankback
10-27-2005, 01:04 AM
Big Frank nearly being blinded by the champagne sprayed out of El Duques bottle!:D:

spongyfungy
10-27-2005, 01:08 AM
Crazy Carl being the only one on the field while the rest of the team celebrates inside the clubhous. Ozzie is giving his postgame interview in the media room. He's holding the championship trophy while chomping on a cigar with Man Soo tagging behind him. The reporters mob him for an interview, desperate for player reaction. Someone asks him who is he looking for. He answers.

"I'm looking for Ozzie. It's a team thing. Where my team at? Where my team at!?"

http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/55915867BL079_World_Series_102702_lower.jpg (http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/55915867BL079_World_Series_102702_1024x768.jpg)

spongyfungy
10-27-2005, 02:12 AM
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20051027/capt.hta19210270536.world_series_hta192.jpg?x=242&y=345&sig=8tbxTHrYiO9hMxTim7G09g-- (http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/8373/65e79c14d2974fa89962862d5ca3c0.jpg)

Caption : Chicago White Sox second baseman Tadahito Iguchi holds up the World Series trophy after the White Sox beat the Houston Astros 1-0 Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2005, in Houston.The White Sox won their first World Series since 1917 by sweeping the Astros 4-0 in the best-of-seven games series. (AP Photo/David J. Phillip)

:mg: :tsk: (http://misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=5#)

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/events/sp/102605mlbworldseries/im:/051027/483/hta19210270536;_ylt=As7mYbqpizm3gqCMotiatTHNaMYA;_ ylu=X3oDMTA5bGcyMWMzBHNlYwNzc25hdg--

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2005-10/20174859.jpg < Last (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-051026soxastrosgame4-fan-photogallery,1,1753436.photogallery?coll=cs-ctsports&index=17) 18 of 27 Next > (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-051026soxastrosgame4-fan-photogallery,1,1753436.photogallery?coll=cs-ctsports&index=19) Orlando Hernandez greets Latino Legends team member Pablo Martinez during a pre-game ceremony to acknowledge Latino's contribution to baseball before Game 4.

Jerko
10-27-2005, 02:17 AM
That's a riot. Man Soo Lee mistaken for Tadahootie.

Madvora
10-27-2005, 08:52 AM
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20051027/capt.hta19210270536.world_series_hta192.jpg?x=242&y=345&sig=8tbxTHrYiO9hMxTim7G09g-- (http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/8373/65e79c14d2974fa89962862d5ca3c0.jpg)

Caption : Chicago White Sox second baseman Tadahito Iguchi holds up the World Series trophy after the White Sox beat the Houston Astros 1-0 Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2005, in Houston.The White Sox won their first World Series since 1917 by sweeping the Astros 4-0 in the best-of-seven games series. (AP Photo/David J. Phillip)

:mg: :tsk: (http://misc.php/?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=5#)

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/events/sp/102605mlbworldseries/im:/051027/483/hta19210270536;_ylt=As7mYbqpizm3gqCMotiatTHNaMYA;_ ylu=X3oDMTA5bGcyMWMzBHNlYwNzc25hdg--

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2005-10/20174859.jpg < Last (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-051026soxastrosgame4-fan-photogallery,1,1753436.photogallery?coll=cs-ctsports&index=17)18 of 27 Next > (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-051026soxastrosgame4-fan-photogallery,1,1753436.photogallery?coll=cs-ctsports&index=19)Orlando Hernandez greets Latino Legends team member Pablo Martinez during a pre-game ceremony to acknowledge Latino's contribution to baseball before Game 4.
Unbelievable. I guess they left the people who know nothing about baseball to work on the World Series night. I'm really surprised about Pedro though because he's played in Boston AND NY.

Iwritecode
10-27-2005, 09:49 AM
Mrs. IWC (watching Uribe strike out): Why'd they get this Uribe guy? He sucks.

IWC: They have him for his defense. He's a #9 hitter.

(after the amazing 9th inning) IWC: Now do you see why we have him? :D:

Knucksie
10-27-2005, 12:16 PM
My top 5 favorite funny moments

5) Listening to BGO explain that the Astros only lost because the Sox had a bigger destiny.

4) Watching Brantley choke his words out in praising the SOX after the game on ESPN was priceless comedy... Idiot.

3) Watching Garner in his post game press conference backtrack on what he said in his post game the night before about being ticked off. I loved seeing that worm try to explain that they were a team and that they lost as a team and he was soooo proud of what they accomplished. I'd pay to see some of his players call him out, take him behind the shed and whip his ass for abandoning them in a crisis and then trying to smooth it over after all was done. What a lousy motivational tactic that backfired.

2) WGN had some tool in a bar, walking on top of the bar interviewing people and he made the mistake of giving up the mic to a bozed up kid that dropped the F BOMB. After resecuring his mic, the reporter then proceed down the bar for a couple more incoherant drunken interviews before giving up. When they cut back to the studio, it was mentioned on air that he just learned not to give up control of the mic amid giggles from the anchors.

1) I don't remember which reporter on the field it was, but one of them was trying to get a player to interview. Aj was in the area and so was Crede. The reporter approached AJ and said "AJ, a couple questions" to which AJ grabbed Crede, shoved him in front of the reporter and then BOUNCED off, out of camera.

TomBradley72
10-27-2005, 12:41 PM
Cliff Politte declaring his love for Journey as "Open Arms" played in the background....

thechico
10-27-2005, 02:15 PM
"Anybody touches me... I'll kill ya"

!http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/5305/str8ud.png

Lighten up Francis. :D: :bandance:

Iwritecode
10-27-2005, 02:47 PM
As they were interviewing many of the players I kept noticing a sticker on the bottom of the bills of the hats they were wearing. At first it looked like a tower or a screw. I finally realized that it was a sticker of the WS trophy. The way the flags on the trophy taper up was throwing me off.

On the post-game show on Comcast Josh Mora mentioned the stickers and thought it was a screw as well. He also thought he saw a sticker of a ball and that it was supposed to mean "screwball".

:rolleyes:

southsider13
10-27-2005, 03:18 PM
Game 4

1. Freddy's tag sticking out in the 6th...
2. The 7th inning singers the past 2 days...
3. Burhele spitting on himself in the 8th...
4. Taveras dancing/rocking in the 9th.
5. The expressions of Astros/Fans after the Uribe grab in the stands.
6. Bush. (Anyone have a picture of his expression as the final out was given?)
7. Corey naming Crede as MVP on accedient and Konerko going with it.
8. Black Jack's Shirt.
9. Crazy Carl with Trophy and Cigar.
10. The fan putting the Sox hat on Placo's head.

As you can see I notice very stupid things that make me laugh.

the gooch
10-27-2005, 04:44 PM
willie must have gotten some champaigne on him because his bottom lip was pretty swolen during the interview. hope the swelling goes down, or else next year the call for the pinch runner might be the same as for the closer.

pczarapa
10-27-2005, 08:37 PM
Seeing how smug Mark was during the "collapse" in September, and his attitude towards the Sox in general, I don't know why anyone would even bother to talk to him.

Amen, he's a clown

Unregistered
10-27-2005, 09:23 PM
The hits keep on coming:

http://165.1.59.193/Previews/Mini/{5A14D99E-321E-49D5-8E7B-6775D856F7CD}.pobj.MINI.jpg

What the hell is a SOXS? :redneck

Madvora
10-28-2005, 08:26 AM
Take a look at the front page of yesterday's Tribune. Look at Pierzynski's face. He looks like he's getting knocked around pretty bad.

VenturaSoxFan23
10-28-2005, 10:45 AM
Jermaine Dye at the podium being interviewed. Might just be me, but when they put that Wheaties box of Buehrle next to him, he had a slight look of concern, like "Can't you put a brother on the box? They eat Wheaties too."

(Sorry, channelling Steve Dahl for a moment there.)

voodoochile
10-28-2005, 04:17 PM
A couple from the rally and parade today.

- guy hold up is very young baby way high in the air in a blue outfit as the camera is filming a sign in front of him. He realizes the baby has no Sox stuff on, so he takes the baby down, puts his own hat on the baby and holds the baby back up. Now you cannot see the baby's face at all as the hat is completely covering it. The baby was basically a hat stand in a blue outfit.

- countelss young "hip dudes" quickly turning their hats around the minute the camera was on them so show off the logo. Hey dumbasses, that's why they put the logo on the front complete with visor to block the sun from your eyes, so you will know which way to put it on...:rolleyes:

- Dan Roan and his cohost (I could only get the WGN broadcast on cable) briefly talking about the flubs/Sox rivalry and actually going out of their way to mention that WGN is owned by Cubune Corp which also owns the flubbies. About damned time they finally came out of the closet and owned up to it. Of course then they got ALL the usual sterotypes wrong (flubs fans don't care about the Sox, but Sox fans hate the flubs. Flubs fans have been going to party with the Sox fans, but if the shoe was on the other foot it would never happen (well that will never happen anyway, so not like we would get the chance), Sox fans root for flubbie failure while flubs fans are here to celebrate too (woohoo?)). It was more aggrevating than truly humorous, but it was unintentionally funny because they were trying to be funny while simply looking like dumbasses.

TheDarkGundam
10-28-2005, 05:04 PM
I thought it was kinda funny when (i think) Jermain Dye tried starting a Let's Go White Sox chant, but no one would join in. Now I know it was probably because most people couldn't hear him.

Plus, Hawk introducing Joe Crede was awesome.

"Joe....CREDE!!!"

Rikirk
10-28-2005, 10:28 PM
Stop me if you heard this already...

At the Rally, the sound system was on the blink...so the crowd begins a chant:

"WE CAN'T HEAR or TURN IT UP"

Now..when Steve Perry was trying to get the crowd to join him to sing "Don't Stop Believin'", was it just because the crowd doesn't like the song, or doesn't know the words, or was it because of the faulty sound system?

eh...sue me...since im an old codger, I like Journey and that song, i give the song a 7 cuz you can dance to it. :rolleyes:

krtvmnd
10-30-2005, 07:52 PM
I think the only words people know are the end of the song... the beginning of it doesn't really have anything to do with baseball... but doesn't stop me from listening to it nonstop... I am not sick of it.... YET!!! LOL:tongue:

buehrle4cy05
10-30-2005, 08:49 PM
When Rowand/AJ said that he was going to get Crede up there to sing Don't Stop Believin', somebody said, "I've had that damn song stuck in my head all week!"

BarbG
10-31-2005, 02:21 AM
Who was it that yelled, "and by the way, I was safe?!" at the very end?

SoxFan76
10-31-2005, 07:56 AM
"Soxs", it seems like all my girlfriends say that. Who the hell are the Soxs? This teams been around for over 100 years and they don't know how to spell "Sox"?

Dickie Kerr
10-31-2005, 10:09 PM
willie must have gotten some champaigne on him because his bottom lip was pretty swolen during the interview. hope the swelling goes down, or else next year the call for the pinch runner might be the same as for the closer.

http://web.mit.edu/21W765j/Spring98/eliza/gump/bubba.jpgI hope his lip doesn't end up like this

JohnBasedowYoda
11-01-2005, 01:13 PM
what did harris yell out at the victory parade when he stepped up to the mic?

BarbG
11-01-2005, 01:39 PM
"GROUP FOUR!"

Still wish I knew who said, "By the way, I was safe." That was classic.

Iwritecode
11-01-2005, 01:48 PM
"GROUP FOUR!"

Still wish I knew who said, "By the way, I was safe." That was classic.

I've heard it was AJ. Probably referring to "the play" in game 2 of the ALCS...

Unregistered
11-01-2005, 01:48 PM
"GROUP FOUR!"

Still wish I knew who said, "By the way, I was safe." That was classic.Pretty sure that was AJ.

RichFitztightly
11-01-2005, 02:49 PM
The most unintentionally funny thing I heard was when Hawk was speaking during the rally a lady, with her sister, brother, husband, and mother, and her face painted with the Sox logo and they were sitting out by corner of LaSalle and Wacker since 7am... This lady who was a "Big-time Sox Fan" turned to me and asked who was talking. I replied, "Oh that's Hawk Harrelson." Her followup question was, "Who's that?"

My facial expression must have looked like I was going to hit her or something because she took a step back when I looked at her. I did however calmly respond that Hawk was the television broadcaster the whole season... and the previous 12 or so years.

JohnBasedowYoda
11-01-2005, 02:53 PM
"Still wish I knew who said, "By the way, I was safe." That was classic.

was that muttered during someones speech?

TomBradley72
11-03-2005, 12:14 PM
If you watch the highlight packages of the post season....it's pretty funny watching Ozzie trying to control himself (ie. be "managerial") after some of the big homers (Iguchi's in Game 2 of the ALDS, Konerko's in Boston, Konerko's slam, Dye's HR off Clemens, Blum's in the 14th, etc.)...you watch his body language...he wants to go absolutely nuts...but he stuffs his hands in his pockets to control himself.

SOXintheBURGH
11-03-2005, 12:40 PM
was that muttered during someones speech?

At the very end, I'm sure it was AJ.

Dolly
11-03-2005, 02:42 PM
The most unintentionally funny thing I heard was when Hawk was speaking during the rally a lady, with her sister, brother, husband, and mother, and her face painted with the Sox logo and they were sitting out by corner of LaSalle and Wacker since 7am... This lady who was a "Big-time Sox Fan" turned to me and asked who was talking. I replied, "Oh that's Hawk Harrelson." Her followup question was, "Who's that?"

My facial expression must have looked like I was going to hit her or something because she took a step back when I looked at her. I did however calmly respond that Hawk was the television broadcaster the whole season... and the previous 12 or so years.

I had a similar experience at the airport after they won the pennant. This really annoying, 50-ish year old woman was standing next to me, making really stupid comments the entire time and cheering her head off for every car that exited. Then after the car was gone she'd turn to me and ask, "Who was that?" :rolleyes:

TomBradley72
11-03-2005, 11:15 PM
Noticed this sign while watching a replay of the rally: "I Want to Go to 3rd Base w/Crede!"...

IlliniSox4Life
11-04-2005, 12:57 AM
I found this humorous:
At U of I this Halloween, I went dressed up as a "white sox player". Had my cap with the world series logo on the side, and my generic jersey with no name on the back. Anyway, I'm kind of a heavier guy, and about 90% of the people I saw on the street or in parties though I was going as Bobby Jenks. The rest thought Buehrle cause I hadn't shaved in a while. The fact that everyone automatically assumed I was Bobby Jenks was funny to me, but then one guy asked who I was, and I replied either Jenks or Buehlre. He said "be Buehrle because I think Jenks is gay". I told this to some other guys at the party and they wanted me to point him out so they could kick his butt.Very entertaining evening.

lunchbox
11-04-2005, 12:20 PM
One of the funnier things I saw the night the Sox won...

I'm at Idols on Dundee in Palatine waiting for a drink at the bar when an older guy at the bar in front of me hears his phone ring, checks the caller ID and sees "kids" pop up on the screen, and promptly puts the phone back in his pocket, takes a swig from his beer, and returns to watching the game. Talk about dedication.

Dolly
11-07-2005, 03:00 PM
I was at The Sports Authority this weekend trying to buy a birthday present for my friend's one-year-old. Of course, I wanted to get him some kind of World Championship gear, but couldn't find any baby stuff. So I went up to the counter and asked the girl if they had any.

"Um, no, I don't think we got any in...." and then she adds, very enthusiastically, "but we do have Cubs baby stuff!"
D'oh! :thud:

OK, rivalry aside, how do you work at The Sports Authority and not know that 4th place team gear is NOT an acceptable alternative to World Champion team gear????

downstairs
11-07-2005, 03:12 PM
:tomatoaward

WSDaytonOH
11-09-2005, 09:43 AM
At the very end, I'm sure it was AJ.

Having driven all the way from Dayton, Ohio to see the parade and not getting a good spot, if you watch the replay, which I have Ch. 2, 5, and Fox, you see AJ grab the mics and say it. CLASSIC.

I was at the corner of Waker and Clark where there were about 20 people that climbed a billboard to get a better seat. There weren't any speakers at that end of the street, so we left early.

I'll get a better spot NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!