PDA

View Full Version : A New Era In Chicago Baseball

Madvora
10-17-2005, 12:20 PM
I was just thinking about the big picture.
Perhaps the Sox are on the verge of becoming what we've been waiting for for years. The Sox haven't even made the playoffs two years in a row, but you can't help but think that we could finally become a team that is competing in the post season every year or at least without these huge gaps in time.
The Yankees and Red Sox are in it every year. The Cardinals were in the World Series last year and are trying to get back this year. The Marlins even won the World Series twice in 10 years.

This is what I want the White Sox to become. Already the central division looks like it's on it's way to taking over the power of the AL from the East. Also, maybe a World Series winner will finally shift the respectability within our own city back to the White Sox, where it belongs.

We're not done yet.

Mickster
10-17-2005, 12:23 PM
Let's worry about Game 1 first. Games 2-4 later.

Next year.......... :wink:

Chicken Dinner
10-17-2005, 12:43 PM
Let's worry about Game 1 first. Games 2-4 later.

Next year.......... :wink:

Agreed!

Flight #24
10-17-2005, 12:46 PM
I was just thinking about the big picture.
Perhaps the Sox are on the verge of becoming what we've been waiting for for years. The Sox haven't even made the playoffs two years in a row, but you can't help but think that we could finally become a team that is competing in the post season every year or at least without these huge gaps in time.
The Yankees and Red Sox are in it every year. The Cardinals were in the World Series last year and are trying to get back this year. The Marlins even won the World Series twice in 10 years.

This is what I want the White Sox to become. Already the central division looks like it's on it's way to taking over the power of the AL from the East. Also, maybe a World Series winner will finally shift the respectability within our own city back to the White Sox, where it belongs.

We're not done yet.

With 5 days to wait, it's hard not to think ahead. The pitching staff is going to be around for 2006. The only guy who the Sox don't have control over is Konerko (unless part of the AJ deal was that he wouldn't be arb'ed). You have to believe that they'll do whatever it takes to keep this team together with the possible exceptions being Carl & Timo if they need extra $$$ for Paulie and/or to give big Jon and AJ nice long-term deals.

Add McCarthy, start bringin in Anderson and/or Young off the bench......this could be an extended run. But first things first - let's get that first one!