PDA

View Full Version : Any ticket strategies for Tuesday?

Harry Chappas
10-17-2005, 11:04 AM
I got shut-out on tickets to the ALCS, so I'm wondering what is the best method between online and phone? Any tips would be greatly appreciated, although I realize posting them here might be a little self-defeating.

cleanwsox
10-17-2005, 11:06 AM
I got shut-out on tickets to the ALCS, so I'm wondering what is the best method between online and phone? Any tips would be greatly appreciated, although I realize posting them here might be a little self-defeating.

Say a prayer and hope you get through. I'd say the odds of getting your hands on some tickets are pretty low. Although, good luck. I know I'll be trying.

Madvora
10-17-2005, 11:07 AM
We're all Sox fans, but you're competing against everyone of us for these tickets. I wouldn't expect you're going to get much help.

bayzbol44
10-17-2005, 11:10 AM
I have lots of hints/secrets, but I am not giving them up. :smile:

downstairs
10-17-2005, 11:11 AM
Any ticket strategies are as useful as strategies for winning the lottery.

You have X tickets and (X*1000) people who want them.

Flight #24
10-17-2005, 11:12 AM
My recommendation is that you and all your friends should take advantage of a little-known loophole. If you actually log on at 12:15, you should have a far far better chance of getting tickets.:cool:

(well, one of us will have a better chance if you do that!)

Harry Chappas
10-17-2005, 11:12 AM
We're all Sox fans, but you're competing against everyone of us for these tickets. I wouldn't expect you're going to get much help.

I figured as much, but I thought I'd try anyway. One way or the other, whether I have to take out a second mortgage, I'm going to at least one game.

BTW - Here's a story that might cause a grown Sox fan to cry: My wife is 7-months pregnant. She booked a weekend trip for us to Arizona for a little R&R before our life is turned upside-down. When she was making the plans, I was in the "Sure. Sounds great." mode and wasn't paying attention to the dates. Well, as it turns out, I will be gone for games 5 and 6! I tried to change the reservations, with her approval, but had no luck. I'll be praying for a 4 game sweep!

podsednikchick
10-17-2005, 11:15 AM
My only words of advice are do not, do not, do not open more than one window for the tickets..otherwise once you finally get through, you'll get kicked back into the waiting area. I know that from experience. :cool:

I got through for ALCS tickets, but not ALDS. I'm hoping I have some luck again tomorrow-- but don't we all!

shoota II
10-17-2005, 11:47 AM

I have friends who camped out at the box office the night before tickets went on sale. They said there wasn't much of a line to compete with.

Chicago
10-17-2005, 11:59 AM
I have friends who camped out at the box office the night before tickets went on sale. They said there wasn't much of a line to compete with.

That prolly becaue the tickets weren't available at the box office.

kevingrt
10-17-2005, 12:05 PM
That prolly becaue the tickets weren't available at the box office.

Holy crap your kidding me!!!

Well it's either going to be I'm spending $200 for tickets or $500. Regardless I'm spending money on tickets.

Ol' No. 2
10-17-2005, 12:07 PM
My only words of advice are do not, do not, do not open more than one window for the tickets..otherwise once you finally get through, you'll get kicked back into the waiting area. I know that from experience. :cool:

I got through for ALCS tickets, but not ALDS. I'm hoping I have some luck again tomorrow-- but don't we all!I've heard that if you use two different browsers (i.e. IE and Firefox) you won't get kicked out. Anyone have any first-hand experience with this?