PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Rooney and Farmer audio

ChiSoxlukes
10-17-2005, 10:29 AM
Does anybody know where I can get all of the full playoff games called by Rooney and Farmer? Thanks

ChiFabulous1
10-17-2005, 10:41 AM
I got the chills when sc played Rooney's play by play.

credefan24
10-17-2005, 10:44 AM
I turned on Rooney for the last out. Amazing, I wish I recorded it. I hope he stays. I love that guy.

FARMEO
10-17-2005, 10:47 AM
Did anyone tape the radio highlights on the post game show? I have most of the playoff games on DVD to offer in a trade.

Pasqua's Posers
10-17-2005, 11:17 AM
i recorded the bottom of the ninth on audio cassette.

Goose
10-17-2005, 11:23 AM
i recorded the bottom of the ninth on audio cassette.

Is there a way you can post a link to Rooney's bottom of the 9th call on here?

anewman35
10-17-2005, 11:25 AM
Is there a way you can post a link to Rooney's bottom of the 9th call on here?

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/ps/y2005/audio.jsp?view=ana_cws

mjharrison72
10-17-2005, 11:43 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/ps/y2005/audio.jsp?view=ana_cws
I may listen to this for the rest of the morning. And the Trib article that describes the call said he didn't use his trademark "White Sox winner" phrase, when Rooney clearly says "A White Sox winner, and they're going to the World Series." I'm really surprised the Trib would get something like that incorrect.
Linky (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-0510170206oct17,1,178216.story?coll=chi-sportswhitesox-hed)

IronFisk
10-17-2005, 10:11 PM
That was about as excited as I can remember Rooney being. That brought tears to my eyes when I first heard it...

THE WHITE SOX HAVE WON THE PENNANT. THEY WON THE PENNANT!!!

What a great way to go out with the Sox. He will be SOOO missed!

ChiSoxGirl
10-17-2005, 11:58 PM
That was about as excited as I can remember Rooney being. That brought tears to my eyes when I first heard it...

THE WHITE SOX HAVE WON THE PENNANT. THEY WON THE PENNANT!!!

What a great way to go out with the Sox. He will be SOOO missed!

Well said! Rooney made me cry while I was sitting in my classroom this afternoon!

BTW- GREAT signature! :wink:

Meninho
10-18-2005, 02:04 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew if there are any audio clips of Rooney and Farmer calling the ALCS Game Five victory anywhere, or any video clips from the Series as well.

Shakey Bonez
10-18-2005, 03:18 PM
Is there ANY way that someone has his final call on MP3 form?

DonkeyPlop
10-18-2005, 03:28 PM
Hey, did anyone hear bruce levine after the game when all the players were coming back into the locker room. I heard it this morning on Silvy and Carmen and I almost lost control of my car I was laughing so hard. They said they were going to post the audio on their website so if you get a chance you should listen to it.

DaleJRFan
10-18-2005, 04:33 PM
Hey, did anyone hear bruce levine after the game when all the players were coming back into the locker room. I heard it this morning on Silvy and Carmen and I almost lost control of my car I was laughing so hard. They said they were going to post the audio on their website so if you get a chance you should listen to it.

I heard this on the show, but missed the audio. Its not on the site, just checked...

eriqjaffe
10-18-2005, 04:39 PM
I have the entire post-season run as MP3 files - including the pre- and post-game shows (up until the show ends or midnight, whichever came first)...I already have the World Series programmed to record, as well. I don't want to miss a minute of it.

I'm willing to trade - preferably for DVDs of the games.

veeter
10-18-2005, 04:41 PM
Man, I just listened to this and I got chills, then teared up. I think at this very moment, two days later, it just hit me that my team, my dad's team,.. OUR TEAM won the pennant!!!!!!!!! Hearing the audio call cemented it home.

MagicNumber22
10-24-2005, 01:09 AM
Does anyone have links to the memorable Rooney soundclips from the postseason? Like ones we can save on our computer? Tonight's Pods walk-off was great. Thanks.

koch44
10-24-2005, 01:12 AM
HERE YOU GO!

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/ps/y2005/wrap.jsp?ymd=20051023&content_id=1257785&vkey=ps2005wrapup&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

:bandance::bandance::gulp:

MagicNumber22
10-24-2005, 01:14 AM
How do you save them to your computer?

SoxFan76
10-24-2005, 01:16 AM
That's the most pumped I've EVER heard Farmer. GREAT call.

spongyfungy
10-24-2005, 01:11 PM
How do you save them to your computer?

You can use audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows), a free audio recording program.

Then choose stereo mix, press record and play the sound. Crop out to get just the call and save.

I'd wait for MJH show on at 3 PM. They will probably play a montage and various calls because the quality sucks on the mlb site.

Chicago
10-24-2005, 01:15 PM
just use your sound recorder...its already on your comp...

Start
All Programs
Accessories
Entertainment
Sound Recorder

make sure you go to file/properties/convert now/ and where it says attributes:
scroll down and make the quality of the recording better...
I use 44.100khz. 16 bit Stereo 172kb/per sec

then click record on the sound recorder and play on the mlb link.

SouthSide_HitMen
10-24-2005, 03:55 PM
just use your sound recorder...its already on your comp...

Start
All Programs
Accessories
Entertainment
Sound Recorder

make sure you go to file/properties/convert now/ and where it says attributes:
scroll down and make the quality of the recording better...
I use 44.100khz. 16 bit Stereo 172kb/per sec

then click record on the sound recorder and play on the mlb link.

This may be a stupid question but I am not a tech guy nor do I ever do napster / music stuff on the PC so here it goes:

I did as you recommended and this was the preset format: PCM 22.050 kHz, 16 Bit, Stereo. Is that good enough?

and more importantly

1. When I press the record button after the MLB.com feed starts does the sound go straight from the PC to the recording device or does background noise get mixed in?

2. Will this device record up to 4 - 5 hours a clip to get the whole game in?

3. What is the best way to move the files to a burnable CD. I have a CD burner and these two programs

Sonic DigitalMedia LE v7
& Dell Jukebox.

Thanks in advance. Any detail you may omit because you think it is to basic please include for newbies like myself. I've had a computer for 10 years and I still only do four things on it - Word Processor (Word), Spreadsheet (Excel), Internet access and email.

I would really love to save all the playoff games and the White Sox clincher in Detroit (and possibly a few other games as well) and I appreciate greatly any replies (and I am sure there are a couple others out there who can use the help).

Thanks!!!

Theanticub
10-24-2005, 04:11 PM
Looking for the audio from Rooney and Farmer for game two. The big plays (pods, konerko etc.) I just am curious to see how nuts they went in the bottom of the ninth.

Thanks in advance.

4th Gen. Sox Fan
10-24-2005, 04:22 PM
Here you go:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/ps/y2005/audio.jsp?view=ws