PDA

View Full Version : Lots of WSIers in today's Sun-Times

cheeses_h_rice
10-17-2005, 10:09 AM
There's a full-color 2-page spread inside today's Sun-Times of fans celebrating at Puffer's, including Iron_Fisk, Chips, Chisoxmike, Pinwheels, me, PutItOnTheBoard, and Hangar18, entitled "Sox-Tasy." Pretty cool. There's also a few smaller b&w photos including others like ChiSoxGirl. Those of you who were at Puffer's might wanna pick one up.

:thumbsup:

ChiSoxGirl
10-17-2005, 10:12 AM
My mom already called my cell this morning & left a message saying the picked up both papers. Little does she know I'm in the Sun-Times; I haven't even had the chance to tell her I was interviewed and they were snapping pictures the entire night!!!! :bandance:

chisoxfanatic
10-17-2005, 10:22 AM
I'm gonna kill the BIGGEST dark cloud in America for being in my way...

cheeses_h_rice
10-17-2005, 10:23 AM
I'm gonna kill the BIGGEST dark cloud in America for being in my way...

I was wondering where you were in those shots. I was in the back and still managed to get in one of them.

Iron_Fisk, meanwhile: that boy a star.

:cool:

spawn
10-17-2005, 11:18 AM
My mom already called my cell this morning & left a message saying the picked up both papers. Little does she know I'm in the Sun-Times; I haven't even had the chance to tell her I was interviewed and they were snapping pictures the entire night!!!! :bandance:

ChiSoxGirl, which one are you in the picture? I recognize of of the ladies as someone who works in my building...

kninchicago
10-17-2005, 11:28 AM
Woohoo I am in the Sun Times too!! How awesome.

areilly
10-17-2005, 11:36 AM
Hey everyone. Just wanted to say that I was at Puffer's last night and it was a great time. The scene on Halsted after the game might just be my new favorite Sox memory: car horns, strangers hugging each other, fire truck and ambulance sirens going off, people in tears of pure and absolute joy. Unreal. I can only imagine what will happen if we win it all...and I can't wait to find out.

(I was the guy towards the front of the bar who got everyone going on "Take Me Out to the Ballgame.")

ChiSoxGirl
10-17-2005, 11:39 AM
ChiSoxGirl, which one are you in the picture? I recognize of of the ladies as someone who works in my building...

I'm a short, redheaded girl in a white Konerko jersey! :smile:

spawn
10-17-2005, 11:49 AM
Ok...you aren't the one from my building. the one in my building is wearing the black Sox shirt holding the Sox towel. My bad! And I can't tell which one you are anyway because the pictures are in black and white. But it looks like everyone had a great time! I was watching at home with the wife and the cat. After the final out, I think I woke the neighborhood with I ran outside and voiced my pleasure of a White Sox World Series!!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

I wish I could've been around a lot of Sox fans at that moment, but thankfully I'll have another chance!!!

chitownhawkfan
10-17-2005, 12:16 PM
My Uncle Sean had said that he talked to IronFisk and SouthSideMike and that Puffers was crazy. He also made the paper. I was supposed to go but I crapped out because I was too tired and stayed in the suburbs.:whiner:

Here is his quote from the Sun Times, right underneath WSI's own "Chips' quote"

We're the bastardized child that's going to own the kingdom,'' said another patron, Sean O'Leary, 35, a Park Ridge tax consultant.

DaleJRFan
10-17-2005, 12:58 PM
Yea Cheeses, I saw that on the train riding into work this morning and yelled out... kind of embarassing when everyone is looking at me like I'm crazy after yelling "Hey, there's Cheeses!" :redneck