PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a VHS tape or DVD of Game 4

Baines
10-17-2005, 09:09 AM
I need a tape/DVD of Game 4 (Saturday night's Garcia game). If anyone in the Western suburbs (preferably) has one, could I borrow it for a day so I can make a copy.

E-mail me at MHube@flash.net.

Thanks in advance.

lizard6king6
10-17-2005, 10:35 AM
I need a tape/DVD of Game 4 (Saturday night's Garcia game). If anyone in the Western suburbs (preferably) has one, could I borrow it for a day so I can make a copy.

E-mail me at MHube@flash.net.

Thanks in advance.

I was also hoping someone may have this, preferabbly a dvr that they can transfer to a dvd. I heard the ones on MLB.com suck.

Fuller_Schettman
10-17-2005, 11:44 AM
I will happily trade a Game 4 DVD for a DVD from the ALDS Game 1...

Ol' No. 2
10-17-2005, 01:44 PM
Has anyone ever tried the MLB digital downloads of games? Are these the whole game? What's the quality like? For $3.95 it's not a bad deal.

Fuller_Schettman
10-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Awful quality. I bought ALDS Game 1 and regret the $3.95 I spent.

HAR-OLD
10-17-2005, 02:17 PM
i dont know if anyone around here has ever suggested this, but illini fansite i go to has a seperate thing called illini torrent,

it uses some kind of peer to peer network (i think its called bit torrent client or something) so that illinois fans can share audio and video files, they have like every game, tv specials, you name it, you can download it

i have no idea how this kind of stuff works but if anyone does, it is a really really nice service to have and obviously im sure it would be incredibly popular

krohnjw
10-17-2005, 03:02 PM
I belive the issue with that *not* working here is MLB and copyright issues.

SOX ADDICT '73
10-17-2005, 03:59 PM
Has anyone ever tried the MLB digital downloads of games? Are these the whole game? What's the quality like? For $3.95 it's not a bad deal.
I downloaded the last home game I attended (9/24 against Minny) and the Detroit clincher, but only because I'd forgotten to tape both. You get the whole game, plus some pre- and post- stuff, including clubhouse celebrations :smile:.

Despite previous posts to the contrary, I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the images. It's also nice to be able to drag the cursor/progress indicator-thingy to different points of the game without having to FF or RW as with videotape.

I've been taping every postseason game, and will probably continue taping important games (as long as I can remember to!), but only because I'm too cheap to cough up the four bucks every time. It's nice to know I have the download option as a backup.

krohnjw
10-17-2005, 04:27 PM
1 thing to keep in mind is resolution difference. When full screened on a TV via video out it doesn't look too bad. When full screened at 1280x1024 you have another story :o:

Now, even on a TV it isn't the *greatest* picture, but it is certainly watchable even on larger TVs.