PDA

View Full Version : Rumor central

Critque
12-12-2001, 04:08 PM
Just reported the Sox have made a deal with the angel for Erstad. It is said that in return Anaheim will receive Singleton, Garland, and two minor leaguers (not sure which ones). Not finalized yet though, but it is said that both teams save agreed. Also close on a deal to get Todd Richie from Pirates. No report on who they will receive in return. Me, I hope that Giles is included too.

Bmr31
12-12-2001, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Critque
Just reported the Sox have made a deal with the angel for Erstad. It is said that in return Anaheim will receive Singleton, Garland, and two minor leaguers (not sure which ones). Not finalized yet though, but it is said that both teams save agreed. Also close on a deal to get Todd Richie from Pirates. No report on who they will receive in return. Me, I hope that Giles is included too.

omg i will be PISSED if theyve traded Garland.......

Jerry_Manuel
12-12-2001, 04:18 PM
You mean this ESPN Rumor Central?
Rumor Central (http://espn.go.com/mlb/mlbrumorcentral2001.html)

All it says is:
Dec. 12: Oakland had been showing the most interest in Giles before the White Sox stepped to the forefront Tuesday, Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune reported. The Pirates had been talking about Jermaine Dye and left-handed prospect Mario Ramos from Oakland and were believed to be seeking Carlos Lee and Mark Buehrle, among others from the Sox. While the Sox are unlikely to deal Buehrle, who won 16 games in his first full season, they would consider dealing for Giles multiple arms from a group including Jon Garland or Kip Wells, Gary Glover and top prospects Jon Rauch, Corwin Malone and Matt Guerrier. The Mariners have also expressed interest, according to ESPN's Peter Gammons.

Critque
12-12-2001, 04:21 PM
No, I just heard it on the radio from espn 1000 chicago sports report, and that Jerks show on am 670. I heard on both stations. It seems done fellas. I don't even pay attention to espn's report. It is a piece of crap

Bmr31
12-12-2001, 04:23 PM
No, I just heard it on the radio from espn 1000 chicago sports report, and that Jerks show on am 670. I heard on both stations. It seems done fellas. I don't even pay attention to espn's report. It is a piece of crap

lol you have a point there........

Jerry_Manuel
12-12-2001, 04:24 PM

Oh man if that is true I'm going to explode. :angry:

Critque
12-12-2001, 04:25 PM
I don't like this trade too much, becaues Erstad is in his last year of his contract and will be very hard to resign. Unless the sox have already had talks with his agent. I don't understand. If they wanted another bat I think they should have went for Giles. One...he is signes through 2005 and two...Erstad is just coming off the worst year of his career. Batting almost a 100 points lower then the year before. Kenny better know what he is doing

Jerry_Manuel
12-12-2001, 04:30 PM
I don't like this trade too much, becaues Erstad is in his last year of his contract and will be very hard to resign. Unless the sox have already had talks with his agent. I don't understand. If they wanted another bat I think they should have went for Giles. One...he is signes through 2005 and two...Erstad is just coming off the worst year of his career. Batting almost a 100 points lower then the year before. Kenny better know what he is doing

I'll wait for an official announcement before I go off on Williams. But if they make this deal without having him signed or an agreement then he should be fired.

Critque
12-12-2001, 04:31 PM
There is also a rumor that Durham is on the block. I don't know who you can get for him, but if they can get someone...a real lead off man. I say go for it. What does anyone think of the 2 nd basemen from florida. Can't remember hs 1st name but his last is Castillo.

Chisox_cali
12-12-2001, 04:31 PM
I personally will be F'N PISSED if Garland is involved in a trade!!!! I have a feeling he is or was going to have a breakout season this year :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Bmr31
12-12-2001, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
I personally will be F'N PISSED if Garland is involved in a trade!!!! I have a feeling he is or was going to have a breakout season this year :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

me too brotha......

Bmr31
12-12-2001, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Oh man if that is true I'm going to explode. :angry:

This crap cant be true. Noone is that stupid......

Bmr31
12-12-2001, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I'll wait for an official announcement before I go off on Williams. But if they make this deal without having him signed or an agreement then he should be fired.

i agree....

Bmr31
12-12-2001, 04:38 PM
There is also a rumor that Durham is on the block. I don't know who you can get for him, but if they can get someone...a real lead off man. I say go for it. What does anyone think of the 2 nd basemen from florida. Can't remember hs 1st name but his last is Castillo.

no power, lots of speed. Id take him over ray.

danman31
12-12-2001, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
omg i will be PISSED if theyve traded Garland.......
Damn straight! He is my favorite player and he is a future star. All this for Darin Erstad?? Please no.

bringbackrobin
12-12-2001, 05:48 PM
Man, he had better not get rid of Garland for Erstad. Garland is a young cheap pitcher about to bust out all over the league, while Erstad is, well Erstad. And I thought KW might have learned from his mistakes. Silly me.