PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie's good-luck Chicago Fire jersey?

eighteen171
10-17-2005, 05:17 AM
Ozzie has been wearing a Fire jersey under his clothes basically since the end of September, he was wearing it tonight too.

Does anyone know where there is a photo of him in the jersey somewhere? Does anyone know where you can buy a Fire shirt, maybe at the Puma store in Chicago? I think the Fire are in the playoffs the night before the World Series too at Soldier Field (can you believe those words were just typed by these fingers???)

At this rate Ozzie should have the shirt tatooed to his body if this is what we can expect!

Viva Medias B's
10-17-2005, 07:48 AM
At the Fire game on Friday, maybe they should have Ozzie do the "first kick." You know the Fire crowd, most of which are probably Sox fans from outgoing GM Peter Wilt on down, would give him a standing ovation.

jdm2662
10-17-2005, 07:57 AM
At the Fire game on Friday, maybe they should have Ozzie do the "first kick." You know the Fire crowd, most of which are probably Sox fans from outgoing GM Peter Wilt on down, would give him a standing ovation.

Damn right. I'll be there. Peter has been wanting him to do the first kick for a while, but Ozzie hasn't been available.

eighteen171
10-17-2005, 09:21 AM
Damn right. I'll be there. Peter has been wanting him to do the first kick for a while, but Ozzie hasn't been available.That's a good point. If Carlos Zambrano can then certainly Ozzie should, I know Zambrano has been to five or six games this year, but he's been considerably less busy :D

DoubleO
10-17-2005, 10:13 AM
Ozzie has been wearing a Fire jersey under his clothes basically since the end of September, he was wearing it tonight too.

Does anyone know where there is a photo of him in the jersey somewhere? Does anyone know where you can buy a Fire shirt, maybe at the Puma store in Chicago? I think the Fire are in the playoffs the night before the World Series too at Soldier Field (can you believe those words were just typed by these fingers???)

At this rate Ozzie should have the shirt tatooed to his body if this is what we can expect!

You can buy the shirt or Jersey at a store on the Southside that specializes in Soccer apparel. It is on 47th street just west of Pulaski. On the northside of the street. I don't know the name, but I know it is still there.

Hope this helps.

eighteen171
10-17-2005, 11:56 AM
It does, thanks. i live near there so I'll go tommorrow.

So I guess no dice on the photos? :/

SweetnesSox
10-17-2005, 12:02 PM
woah woah woah, hooold on... there's such thing as a "first kick"?:?:

eighteen171
10-17-2005, 02:23 PM
woah woah woah, hooold on... there's such thing as a "first kick"?:?:

Yeah they have some dignitary or high-roller do a kickoff right before the real one. I remember George Ryan did it once and like half an hour later he buzzed Soldier Field in his helicopter, didn't even stay the half. I think Daley, Blago, and Obama have done it too. Zambrano did it once or twice this year.

StrTrkker
10-17-2005, 09:27 PM
I picked up mine at the start of the Soccer season at www.mlsgear.com (http://www.mlsgear.com/) for $29.97. I dont see it at that price anymore :(: but theres still a few different Fire jerseys available.

Good luck.

http://mlsgear.com/imgs/products/369_1001108.jpg

jabrch
10-18-2005, 06:43 AM
Where can I find a Karl Heinz Granitza Chicago Sting jersey?

eighteen171
10-19-2005, 05:29 AM
Doug Padilla writes about it in the suntimes,

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-soxnt19.html

still no picture!

eighteen171
10-20-2005, 08:04 AM
reporters talked about it for a sec on fox this morning.

Mule Haas
10-24-2005, 03:56 PM
There's a picture of him holding it halfway down this page:

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250181&page=3

BTW, it is a great source of pride that i may have had even a little to do with the recent luck that this jersey may be bringing. Speaking of superstitions, my dad, who went to St. Sabinas with Jackie Schaller, taught me the "sound off technique" on telecasts for critical Sox and anti-Cub situations and sound off PLUS eyes closed for extremely critical situations.

it's harder to do in person, but it seemed to work this weekend. Konerko's GS landed a few rows in front of me.....soon after i opened my eyes back up :D:

After the game, i went to Schaller's and toasted to the Sox success with Jackie, too!

What a memorable night (greatest Chicago baseball game in history???)!

Go Fire, Go Go Sox,

Mule "peter wilt" Haas

russ99
10-24-2005, 04:02 PM
I got mine at "Chicago Soccer" - It's on Western just north of Montrose - for all you northside Sox fans. You might get them relatively cheap, since next season the Fire's kit provider switches to Adidas. This year's Puma jerseys are really cool.

You can buy the shirt or Jersey at a store on the Southside that specializes in Soccer apparel. It is on 47th street just west of Pulaski. On the northside of the street. I don't know the name, but I know it is still there. Hope this helps.

Mule Haas 1
11-20-2005, 09:17 AM
a little late, but i finally found one of him actually wearing it:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c278/peterwilt/Ozzie.jpg