PDA

View Full Version : Sox Fans in Exile--Where are You??

Sox&Springsteen
10-17-2005, 04:53 AM
Where are you, and how are you celebrating?

I am in Dublin, Ireland, a country awash with Red Sox fans who have never even heard of the White Sox. I am celebrating by waking up my neighbors with screaming and shouting, but boy, is it isolating!!

I have a big sign in my cube at work that I created this morning. It says:

CHICAGO WHITE SOX
AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPS

Let's Go Go White Sox!

Chicago's Proud of You!!

PeteWard
10-17-2005, 05:08 AM
Koh Samui, Thailand a country awash in Manchester United fans.

But all the ALCS games were on here live and I was able to duck out of work for the winner. it's a 12 hour time difference so I was drinking coffee during the game instead of Old Style (Too bad Stroh's is history!)

Tough to be away from Chicago for this one. Though you may want to get back to me in two months when I have 85 degrees and lovely palm-fringed beaches and Chicago has -300 wind chill and Lovie Smith.

fox2
10-17-2005, 06:13 AM
Right now I'm at work in Mainz, but I did open a bottle of Riesling Sekt for breakfast this morning at 6AM (That's 11:00 Chicago time). It might not be Dom Perignon but it beats Korbel's.

oharewx
10-17-2005, 06:14 AM
i'm in twinkie land, but most of the twins fans i know are pulling for the sox

MiamiSpartan
10-17-2005, 06:58 AM
Southwest suburbs of Miami, FL. The local Starbucks has given me free coffee all week, since I'm a Sox fan. They are all Yankee fans. My car is decked out to the nines with Sox stuff!

krohnjw
10-17-2005, 07:45 AM
NC at work :mad: As tired as I am, it was worth getting 4 hours of sleep all this week to watch the games and post game :smile: I can catch up on sleep tomorrow :cool:

boiler up
10-17-2005, 08:18 AM
I'm in detroit. No one cares about baseball around here. it's all college football and hockey. I don't understand how anyone else can think about anything other than baseball

Kittle'sNeighbor
10-17-2005, 08:24 AM
In the Valley of the Sun, Scottsdale, AZ with a few hundred thousand other ex-Chicagoans. Phoenix is besides Wisconsin, the largest suburb of Chicago.

It's odd to be so far from home and have so many fans around.

The South has risen again!

GoGoSox!

<>

akingamongstmen
10-17-2005, 08:29 AM
I'm in Indian country, just south of Cleveland. I'm going to walking around all week, grinning like an idiot at work. Most of my coworkers couldn't care less, but some of them are quietly hoping the White Sox win.

bigdommer
10-17-2005, 08:31 AM
Baltimore, Maryland

With the Orioles a complete disaster and the Ravens a complete disappointment, most here have rallied behind my cause. It also helps that everyone here hates Boston and New York and wants to see fresh blood.

joeywpb
10-17-2005, 09:09 AM
I feel everyones pain, but the bottom line we are all alive to actually see this happen(a HUGE shout out to all the fans that REALLY can't be here)!! I am in Palm Beach, but the crazy thing is I flew in Wed. I was in Waukegan when we swept Boston, but had to go south for the winter. I know the timing is horrible, but you gotta do what you gotta do. To all the fans world wide-thank god for technology and the flying sock.

ElCanuque
10-17-2005, 09:12 AM
Sox fan here in San Diego, where the local minor league affiliate bowed out in three straight to the Cardinals...and where the nearest A.L. team is the Angels. Man, you could hear the silence from Disneyland all 90 miles down the freeway.

GO SOX!

BigKlu59
10-17-2005, 09:31 AM
Here in Philly where I enjoyed it with a another transplanted Sox fan. This is unreal. I've always dreamed of the day when the Sox would have an all around team and line up that strikes true fear in the heart of other teams. Anybody on this team can do it,anyway,anyhow. I love these guys... Damn, What a bevy of arms. I'm diggin having to listen to all of the talking heads shout praises to our SOX!!!!

BigKlu:

WVSoxFan
10-17-2005, 10:29 AM
Parkersburg, West Virginia

Fairly sure I'm the only Sox fan here. I'm forced to celebrate alone. But, it beats not celebrating all together. :D:

GO SOX!!

edit: whoops, not really in exile, raised in WV. Guess I got a little excited this morning (Forgot title of post). :tongue: Been a sox fan as long as i can remember though.

Sox&Springsteen
10-17-2005, 10:32 AM
. To all the fans world wide-thank god for technology and the flying sock.

Hear, hear!! Can you feel the White Sox love today? :smile:

A day of much happiness and deep emotion. It's so great to be able to reach across oceans and share it with you all.

Ladies and Gentlemen: YOUR Chicago White Sox!

asindc
10-17-2005, 10:32 AM
Sox fan in Washington, DC!! I stayed up last night to watch the celebration on WGN and ESPN. Lost sleep last night, but I don't care!!!!

Sox&Springsteen
10-17-2005, 10:33 AM
I don't understand how anyone else can think about anything other than baseball

LOL!!

Some people are just strange, aren't they?:smile:

tdh11
10-17-2005, 10:37 AM
Idaho, I have met one other White Sox fan here, and have converted my nephew

RustyKuntz
10-17-2005, 10:39 AM
I'm stuck on Addison and Damen in the heart of Cub-land. It's LIKE being in another country.

I'm kicking myself for not driving South last night to celebrate. :(:

patnoon
10-17-2005, 10:40 AM
San Antonio, Texas

Hoping the Astros wrap it up, and that I can find (afford) tickets for game 3 or 4.

nebraskasox
10-17-2005, 10:41 AM
Omaha - You can take the kid out of Chicago but you can't take Chicago out of the kid!

OK - I was a kid in 59 but I feel like a kid again.

I celebrated by hugging my wife. She knows how much this means to me.

GO SOX!

EastCoastSoxFan
10-17-2005, 10:42 AM
The day after the All-Star game I had a softball game here in the west/southwest suburbs of Philly, and before the game I proudly announced to my teammates, "You heard it here first -- the White Sox will have home field advantage in the World Series."
We definitely need to have a gathering of Philly-area Sox fans for at least one game of the WS...

24thStFan
10-17-2005, 10:45 AM
Tallahassee, Florida

Last night, I literally jumped for joy and kissed my wife. Then I thought of all the great Sox fans I've known who didn't live to see this and shed a few tears. Stayed up too late drinking beer and watching WGN coverage.

What an incredible team and emotional year. This is definitely THE BEST SOX I EVER HAD!

toledosoxfan
10-17-2005, 11:14 AM
Winston-Salem, NC here.

Stayed up until 1:30 EST listening in at AM1000. Called Dad before Jose Contreras took the mound in the bottom of the ninth and told him 3 more to the World Series! He was still nervous saying that "the fat lady hasn't sang yet" (he was a kid in '59). Well I felt like a kid again and was jumping off my seat when Konerko stomped on first for the final out. Kept muttering to myself just to make sure I wasn't dreaming: SOX WIN THE PENNANT! SOX WIN THE PENNANT! Is it really true?!!

No sleep last night and I couldn't feel better!!!

1951Campbell
10-17-2005, 11:18 AM
Carlisle, PA.

Been on the phone with my dad a lot these last few weeks!

stl_sox_fan
10-17-2005, 11:19 AM
St Louis, MO

Still holding onto a fleeting hope of Guillen-Larussa in the Fall Classic.

I've been waiting for you, Tony-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I met you I was but the learner. Now, *I* am the master.

TDog
10-17-2005, 11:27 AM
I live in the Southeast -- Southeast Alaska. I may be the only White Sox fan in Juneau.

samram
10-17-2005, 11:41 AM
Finally back in Charlotte after two months outside DC. No other Sox fans around, but there are some Cards fans who seem pretty happy for the Sox.

vafan
10-17-2005, 11:50 AM
As the VAfan, I'm partying in northern Virginia. But when I came into work today in DC, I brought my White Sox pennant, the one I bought as a kid going to Sox games in the early 1970s in old Comiskey, and put it up on my office door. It's yellowed and worn and has the hideous red-white-and-blue colors of those early 70's Sox teams, but it's beautiful, because the 2005 White Sox have earned the pennant for only the second time in my life and my first time as a Sox fan.

GO SOX!! WIN IT ALL!!!

livewir
10-17-2005, 12:00 PM
I'm in San Antonio, TX but my flight leaves friday night and I have tickets to game 2. WOOHOO!!!!!

:supernana:

harwar
10-17-2005, 12:03 PM
I'm up here on lake wisconsin and though i am not really near any other houses i feel a bit guilty for blasting espn1000 over the water last night.:redface:

adidas773
10-17-2005, 12:11 PM
Memphis, Tn Native of Chicago grew up in Logan square area. I'm so happy right now and proud to come from "The City of Big Shoulders". Let's Go White Sox!

WSoxFanForever
10-17-2005, 12:39 PM
Mid-Wisconsin here. Grew up in the Chicago burbs, hating hte Cubs, loving the Sox. Have family in Illinois and still go with them to the Cell (sometimes Wrigley to cheer against the Cubs). The people here are obsessed with the Packers. They aren't even big Brewer fans (I love the Brewers too). This is football country. I celebrated with my spouse and kids by letting kids stay up late and drink sparkly apple juice. Had a few beers, settled back in recliner, watched the Sox suddenly getting respect on all the sports channels.

Eric Bartman, today's top dope
10-17-2005, 01:27 PM
Can't say where I am, but I am in exile. Wish I was in Chicago this week.

Wearing my 70's Sox (red and white) cap around town, proudly.

KyWhiSoxFan
10-17-2005, 01:33 PM
Lexington, Kentucky.

Watched the decisive game last night with another former South Sider at a bar in town, along with a die-hard Sox fan who grew up in Detroit.

Tragg
10-17-2005, 01:34 PM
I'm in double exile - in Lafayette La, via New Orleans (from Katrina).
Just have a big smile on my face all day long.

palehozenychicty
10-17-2005, 01:35 PM
New York, New York. I went to the first two games of the Sox-Yankees back in August when Aaron Rowand became the pale Willie Mays. A buddy of mine, who's a die-hard Yanks fan, had tickets for Game 5 at Yankee Stadium if they made it, but they cried themselves out of it:whiner: . Regardless, the White Sox are going to get it done. I can't believe it. Saturday night, game 1. any sox fans in the city? we need to congregate the army for this historic moment.

Baby Fisk
10-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Toronto eh?

FarWestChicago
10-17-2005, 01:47 PM
Silicon Valley.

moochpuppy
10-17-2005, 01:48 PM
Stillwater, MN

PaulDrake
10-17-2005, 01:50 PM
Deep in the heart of the Confederacy. With sincerest apologies to Robert Burns "My heart is in the midwest, my heart is not here."

Sox&Springsteen
10-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Deep in the heart of the Confederacy. With sincerest apologies to Robert Burns "My heart is in the midwest, my heart is not here."

ROTFL!!!

I Love This!!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

MarySwiss
10-17-2005, 02:09 PM
In the Valley of the Sun, Scottsdale, AZ with a few hundred thousand other ex-Chicagoans. Phoenix is besides Wisconsin, the largest suburb of Chicago.

It's odd to be so far from home and have so many fans around.

The South has risen again!

GoGoSox!

<>

:welcome:

I'm also in the Valley, in Chandler. There are several WSI posters in these parts.
Watch for a thread later in the week about meeting up to view some World Series games.

williefan22
10-17-2005, 02:10 PM
Schenectady, New York. Wearing my sox jersey around my college is the greatest feeling ever. Only sox fan here with the rest being all red sox or yankees.

WinOrDyeTrying
10-17-2005, 02:11 PM
Im in Detroit, does that count as exile?

Chisox003
10-17-2005, 02:14 PM
Iowa city

I picked the wrong year to leave for school

MiamiSpartan
10-17-2005, 02:16 PM
Im in Detroit, does that count as exile?

Worse than Siberia...:smile:

Pete Ward
10-17-2005, 03:00 PM
Deep in the Heart of Texas - Dallas

My heart will always be with the WHITE SOX

soxfan26
10-17-2005, 03:06 PM
Northern Virginia

samram said it best, there are just no Sox fans around here.

PushnThaEscalade
10-17-2005, 03:08 PM
I'm celebrating from Knoxville, TN

And believe me, i've waited my whole life for this, but then again so hasn't everyone else? lol Let's party like it's 1959!

asindc
10-17-2005, 03:11 PM
Northern Virginia

soxfan26,

Your post makes 3 of us in this thread from the DC area. I actually work with someone who grew up on the South Side and is also a huge Sox fan! There are a few of us around!

power98
10-17-2005, 03:26 PM
:welcome:

I'm also in the Valley, in Chandler. There are several WSI posters in these parts.
Watch for a thread later in the week about meeting up to view some World Series games.

Count me in! Another Chandler, AZ Sox fan!

Dance, banana...DANCE! :supernana:

SoxNutNYC
10-17-2005, 03:32 PM
Regardless, the White Sox are going to get it done. I can't believe it. Saturday night, game 1. any sox fans in the city? we need to congregate the army for this historic moment.

Agreed, let's get it together and carve out a claim for ourselves :bandance: in Gotham!

Argalarga
10-17-2005, 03:38 PM
I'm in Los Angeles, so I've gotten to hear all the whining about the "blown call" in game 2 and the general kvetching of the fans and media.

That said, there's so many transplants out here that it doesn't feel like I'm that out of it.

vafan
10-17-2005, 04:13 PM
Northern Virginia

Where in N. Va.? I'm a Sox fan here, and cabiness moved out here in the last couple of years. Plus, I noticed asindc is in DC. We may be rare, but we're not nonexistent.

vafan
10-17-2005, 04:18 PM
soxfan26,

Your post makes 3 of us in this thread from the DC area. I actually work with someone who grew up on the South Side and is also a huge Sox fan! There are a few of us around!

I didn't even see your post when I responded the same way. Cabiness and I exchanged e-mails about getting together, but we haven't hooked up yet. I'm sure there is a fair number of Sox fans here.

chidonez
10-17-2005, 04:20 PM
Somerville, MA, where the BoSox fans are pulling for us all the way.

BNLSox
10-17-2005, 04:20 PM
Also in LA. Had Angel talk the whole way home afterwards instead of White Sox interviews and real news coverage. I guess I shouldn't bitch since I was there and all!!!

Still I miss being in Chicago during this run. I'm flying back for the weekend just to be around it (and hopefully get into the games!!).

GO SOX.

soxfan26
10-17-2005, 04:26 PM
Where in N. Va.? I'm a Sox fan here, and cabiness moved out here in the last couple of years. Plus, I noticed asindc is in DC. We may be rare, but we're not nonexistent.

I'm in Herndon. I've lived in Woodbridge, Farfaix County and Vienna for the better part of a decade and have come across only 5-10 Sox fans.

When I catch Sox games at Camden Yards there is always a good showing of Sox fans, who knows maybe I'm hanging out in the wrong places?

NWSox
10-17-2005, 04:29 PM
Portland, Oregon, where all my neighbors have discovered my obsession with the Sox. My wife and kids went to a small party down the street in the middle of Game 4 and had to explain to my neighbors why this game was so important that I couldn't stop by.

I'm in Nashville on business (I celebrated in my hotel room last night) and head to Chicago tomorrow for the rest of the week. I had a ticket for Game 6 but have instead scored a ticket for Game 1 on Sat. :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Fuller_Schettman
10-17-2005, 04:43 PM
Livermore, California, the "other" Wine Country.

Also, where Randy Johnson went to high school.

DSpivack
10-17-2005, 04:53 PM
Livermore, California, the "other" Wine Country.

Also, where Randy Johnson went to high school.

More known for science than wine, no?

I'm in Atlanta for school; we have about a half dozen sox fans here.

If I can score a ticket I'll be in Chicago this weekend. Talk about a BIG IF.

gogochisox1917
10-17-2005, 05:19 PM
Houston, TX. Wishing I could be in Chicago this weekend. My husband is flying up there and I am SO excited for him!!!

Dan1972
10-17-2005, 05:28 PM
Does the Northwest Side of the city count?

Seriously, it really feels good to see all of the people outside the area who are 100 percent behind the Sox !

The Racehorse
10-17-2005, 05:46 PM
I currently live in one of our country's most historic city, Fredericksburg, Virginia.

How historic is this town? Well, just to name a few... George Washington, George Mason, Hugh Mercer, Richard Henry, Lighthorse Harry, Robert E. Lee, James Monroe, James Madison, John Paul Jones, Mathew Fontaine Maury, Brigadier General George Smith Patton [paternal grandfather of you-know-who], all walked the stately tree lined streets of Fredericksburg... and now there's ME :tongue: walking around these parts while wearing my favorite cap;

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-1629945th.gif

I Rule! :bandance:

Southsider101
10-17-2005, 06:06 PM
Living in Minneapolis.
Spent last night listening to the Score 670 and e-mailing all my whining Cub friends.

FredManrique
10-17-2005, 07:39 PM
San Francisco, CA.

I've also been a Sox fan in Osaka, Japan.

antitwins13
10-17-2005, 07:48 PM
i'm in twinkie land, but most of the twins fans i know are pulling for the sox

I'm shocked by that! Down in Royal/Cub land it's I'm cheering for whoever is playing the White Sox.

Jurr
10-17-2005, 08:26 PM
Memphis, TN...surrounded by very bitter Cubs fans (and soon to be bitter Cardinals fans).

However, the next two weekends will be spent in Chicago (if needed). This coming weekend's a lock. Exiled Sox fans better make it back to meccha this weekend and be with your brethren.

FJA
10-17-2005, 09:36 PM
Washington, DC.

CHEESESOXER
10-18-2005, 01:03 PM
Wausau WI, right in the middle of gb pukerville and, I'm having a great year!!!!:smile:

HaroldBaines
10-18-2005, 09:19 PM
Rochester, NY.

Right in the middle of Yankee and Red Sox nation fans. White Sox fan since a wee lad in the early 70's. Giving my pals the business for the White Sox finally getting in the WS. Loving every minute of it.

All the kids on the ball teams I coached over the past 9 years have me to thank for their soon to be WS champion, White Sox hats. Saved them a few bucks from purchasing them afterwards! What foresight.

LOL!

:harold

saltwater farmer
10-18-2005, 10:24 PM
I'm in Portland, Maine.

It was a great year, though: I caught all 3 games of the sweep vs. the Rockies in Denver and got to see a game at the cell in September (the 12 inning loss to the Angels, but a great game). I also started working from home last April so I was able to see probably 150 + regular season games on the Extra Innings cable package.

dolphinron
10-18-2005, 10:54 PM
I live in Vegas and I can't stand not being there for the world series let alone any of the playoff games I have been missing. Our house closes in a week as we are moving back to elmhurst but not soon enough.

jmcts
10-18-2005, 10:58 PM
In Connecticut on what some have called the "Munson-Nixon" line. Mostly Yankees fans and Red Sox devotees. Last year was their turn, this year it's mine.

Go Sox (the good kind)!!!!

DieTrying79
10-19-2005, 01:34 AM
Oakland, California. Sigh.

Do you guys even know how hard it is being back here after being at Game 2 of the ALCS with ChiSoxGirl and Co. last week? :whiner: :whiner:

Kroozah
10-19-2005, 02:21 AM
Silicon Valley, between San Jose and Oakland.... that make 4 in the Bay Area?

IdaSox
10-19-2005, 02:35 AM
Idaho, I have met one other White Sox fan here, and have converted my nephew

Well here's another.

Boise, Idaho. Thanks to WGN showing a lot of Sox games in the early 90's here, there's actually quite a few sox fans in the area.

Showtime
10-19-2005, 03:41 AM
Another Sox fan stuck out in the corn. Iowa City here for school. I'm thinking about making the ride back into the city for the weekend though.

Early Win!
10-19-2005, 01:05 PM
I am in Houston. It is hard to be a Chisox fan down here with the Astros hysteria. I want the Sox to win it all. It has been my dream since I was a kid.http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/icons/icon1.gif

gogochisox1917
10-19-2005, 07:11 PM
I am in Houston. It is hard to be a Chisox fan down here with the Astros hysteria. I want the Sox to win it all. It has been my dream since I was a kid.http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/icons/icon1.gif

Oh, so true! I'm feeling very lonely living Houston right now!!!

jhill36
10-19-2005, 08:32 PM
I feel everyones pain, but the bottom line we are all alive to actually see this happen(a HUGE shout out to all the fans that REALLY can't be here)!! I am in Palm Beach, but the crazy thing is I flew in Wed. I was in Waukegan when we swept Boston, but had to go south for the winter. I know the timing is horrible, but you gotta do what you gotta do. To all the fans world wide-thank god for technology and the flying sock.

I liked your post! I'm also in pain, as I spent everyday of the season down here in San Antonio, TX. But I'm full of joy because I followed this season soooo closely--every game was an event for me--and to see this happen is just wonderful. And yeah, thank God for technology!

jhill36
10-19-2005, 08:54 PM
I'm in San Antonio, TX but my flight leaves friday night and I have tickets to game 2. WOOHOO!!!!!

You are so lucky.

Early Win!
10-20-2005, 01:17 AM
I'm in Houston. It's the worst place to be if you are a Sox fan right now. Already I am tired of all these fools who say they are going to do it to the Chisox machine.

silhouette
10-20-2005, 01:20 AM
Washington D.C.

Home of the questionable Redskins and even more questionable Nationals.

SoxFan64
10-20-2005, 01:31 AM
I live just outside of DC and a thread was started here to let others know that we have a group of WSIers meeting in downtown DC for the Game 1 of the World Series with our favorite team. So far we have 17 WSIers gathering, we will take more. :D:

Here is the thread let us know if you want to join us.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60307

:andy Let's Goooo Youuuuu White Sox!

shaunburnette
10-20-2005, 01:45 AM
San Francisco

gashegone72
10-20-2005, 01:50 AM
Silicon Valley, between San Jose and Oakland.... that make 4 in the Bay Area?

Living in San Francisco. There are lots of threads with folks from different cities getting together for the Series, but there doesn't seem to be as many Bay Area WSIers, and those that have posted in this thread are quite spread about. Silicon Valley to SF to Oakland - tough to chose a convenient place. I'll probably be too nervous to watch it in a bar anyway. Also, at least in SF, there aren't very many good sports bars that I've found.

InContention
10-20-2005, 02:45 AM
Born and raised on the South Side, but finishing my degree in Tide country. I disturbed my neighbors screaming so loud after the Sox won the Pennant :redface:

ferdinandshen
10-20-2005, 03:00 AM
Palo Alto and San Francisco, CA. The baseball atmosphere in the bay area died out when Giants and A's both fail to make the play off. I am the only one wearing full baseball outfits after October. Many of my friends from the University of Chicago root for Cubs. Only God knows why.

billyo
10-20-2005, 08:46 AM
Sitting at my desk in Australia with a permanent smile etched on my face, A 42-year Sox fan who's pretty much on his own out here in Aus, I'm nevertheless one of the most content Aussies on the planet,

My football team lost in the playoffs, the Poms beat us at cricket for the first time in decades, but nothing could wipe the grin off my face at the moment! Now to top it off with the big prize! The pennant was huge, but the Series I've been waiting for over most of my life. Sox in 6.

Bill

power98
10-20-2005, 09:07 AM
I'm shocked by that! Down in Royal/Cub land it's I'm cheering for whoever is playing the White Sox.
Yeah, I hear you about the CUBLAND...I live in the midst of a bunch of displaced midwesterners. When I say I used to live in Chicago, the first question is almost always "oh, you must be a Cub fan!" :angry::angry::angry:

Fortunately, I have an answer... "no, I am NOT a Cub fan. My brain WORKS."

soxfanatlanta
10-20-2005, 09:12 AM
Stuck in Atlanta. And I mean stuck! The tragic part is that there are more Stros fans down here, and most people assume you are a Cub fan when you tell them you are from Chicago.

Thank God I got a projector TV at home.

Sox&Springsteen
10-20-2005, 11:51 AM
Yeah, I hear you about the CUBLAND...I live in the midst of a bunch of displaced midwesterners. When I say I used to live in Chicago, the first question is almost always "oh, you must be a Cub fan!" :angry::angry::angry:

I still get that, even from across the ocean. My answer going forward will, I hope, be: "No, I'm a fan of the 2005 World Champions."

MarySwiss
10-20-2005, 12:52 PM

As a Chandler neighbor and fellow sufferer, I sympathize! My standard answer is "No, I root for Chicago's MAJOR LEAGUE TEAM--the White Sox." :cool:

Looking forward to meeting you and some others Saturday at Skip and Jan's, power. I'm a redhead, 5'4", probably will be wearing either my Konerko tee or my Totally Biased Sox Fan shirt. :gulp:

PaulDrake
10-20-2005, 01:06 PM
Sitting at my desk in Australia with a permanent smile etched on my face, A 42-year Sox fan who's pretty much on his own out here in Aus, I'm nevertheless one of the most content Aussies on the planet,

My football team lost in the playoffs, the Poms beat us at cricket for the first time in decades, but nothing could wipe the grin off my face at the moment! Now to top it off with the big prize! The pennant was huge, but the Series I've been waiting for over most of my life. Sox in 6.

Bill I never met an Aussie I didn't like. Maybe some day I'll get a chance to visit your country. Glad to know we have you on our side.

Danieljack80
10-20-2005, 01:29 PM
I'm in Houston. It's the worst place to be if you are a Sox fan right now. Already I am tired of all these fools who say they are going to do it to the Chisox machine.

I'm also in Houston. Last night I walked around Main Street proudly wearing my '83 Sox hat and not a single Astro "fan" noticed. I'll be in Chi-town for game 1 (thank heavens for frequent flier miles). I work in a school, and the Assistant Principal got on the PA during lunch today and asked, "Are the Astro's going to win the WS?" 1000 brats started screaming. I just shook my head...

BayAreaSoxFan
10-20-2005, 02:03 PM
Sox fan here in the bay area. I'am a four year old sox fan so i'am not fair weathered b/c they are winning. The reason why I became a sox fan was funny actually, this stupid cubs fan kept on ripping on my city. I kept telling him that we (A's at the time) never play each other and if we did we'd smir them. After getting annoyed with him long enough I said "You guys think you're the master of baseball yet you're not even the master in your own town." That shut him up. After that for some reason I liked the White Sox for some reason. I slowly couldn't stand the A's b/c we all know they're the farm team for everyone else. Oh one more thing, I was at the A's-Sox game and there seemed to be a lot of sox fans in my area so let me speak for them saying we support you 100%

If any one from the bay area is around lets meet up and cheer the sox on.

White_Sock
10-20-2005, 04:13 PM
Tryed to get series tickects to no avail out here in CA to no avail. My school has a ticketmaster office in its basketball arena so i went there to buy tickets, but they told me to call Chicago.:(: I used to go to a bunch of games per year before I moved out here. Now I try every year to catch the Sox at the Colluseum when they play the A's. I went to four Sox games this year
:bandance::bandance: :bandance: :bandance:
and saw Jon Garland decimate the A's in Oakland twice.
:supernana: :supernana: .
Unbelievable season!:gulp:
can't wait for the World Series to start!:redneck

GO GO WHITE SOX
LONG LIVE THE GUILLEN!