PDA

View Full Version : An added bonus I never thought about...

pudge
10-17-2005, 03:13 AM
I honestly haven't thought a lick about the Cubs pretty much all year, but it was pretty dang awesome hearing "congratulatory" voice mails from Cub-fan friends who sounded as if they were about to jump off bridge.

God this friggin rules!!

:gulp:

PeteWard
10-17-2005, 03:50 AM
Not to mention how they are burning even farther north. The same day the Sox clinch, the Bears crush the Vikings. :D:

Madvora
10-17-2005, 08:40 AM
Another added bonus that you may not have thought of is that we finally get to add another flag in the outfield. Let's hope it goes next to the 1917 one.

elrod
10-17-2005, 08:42 AM
And Ozzie coaches the AL team in the All-Star Game next year. Say, did the Wrigley Field marquee put up another "Congratulations White Sox" sign?

bluestar
10-17-2005, 08:47 AM
And Ozzie coaches the AL team in the All-Star Game next year.

I don't think retired managers get to manage the All-Star Game.

The Critic
10-17-2005, 09:28 AM
And Ozzie coaches the AL team in the All-Star Game next year. Say, did the Wrigley Field marquee put up another "Congratulations White Sox" sign?

I drove past the Deadly Confines last night on my way home from work, and they had the same advertisements they usually have on the board.
That place looks weird with the outfield walls torn apart.

Uncle_Patrick
10-17-2005, 09:32 AM
Who cares about those fans of that other team from Chicago? This is their worst nightmare of a postseason - the White Sox in the World Series vs. one of their division rivals. I do not envy that.