PDA

View Full Version : The News from Home??

Sox&Springsteen
10-17-2005, 02:58 AM
Does anyone know if there is any website that shows good news coverage of fans celebrating from Chicago? I expected to see such links at the Cubune but couldn't find any.

It would have been great to be able to see news clips of the fans celebrating last night. Photographs just can't capture what people are feeling and what those of us away from home wish to share.

PeteWard
10-17-2005, 03:22 AM
I second that request from Thailand. Please help out here.

Sox&Springsteen
10-17-2005, 03:32 AM
Greetings from Ireland.

This is driving me nuts!! I've never been so homesick in my entire life!!!

Did the air-raid sirens go off last night or not?

Sox&Springsteen
10-17-2005, 03:37 AM
I second that request from Thailand. Please help out here.

By the way, Pete, are there any other White Sox fans in Thailand?

There are, in a country swimming with Boston Red Sox fans, a grand total of two White Sox fans in the Republic of Ireland that I know of--myself, and Irishsoxfan!

PeteWard
10-17-2005, 03:39 AM
I feel fortunate just to find another BASEBALL fan here, though I work on the small tourist island of Koh Samui. Maybe there are some in Bangkok.

Sox&Springsteen
10-17-2005, 03:50 AM
I feel fortunate just to find another BASEBALL fan here, though I work on the small tourist island of Koh Samui. Maybe there are some in Bangkok.

We need a thread on this--I'm starting another one!!

PeteWard
10-17-2005, 04:00 AM
Ah the life of the expat Sox fan. It can be tough.

When I wear my Sox hat here, people think it says "Sex" because of the way the tail of the capital "S" intersects with the "O". It's particulary galling, in a country where there are a lot of slimey sex tourists,when out at a bar and some obese European white guy with a lovely Thai demimondaine on his lap, gives me the thumbs up. Ugh.

But will that keep me from wearing it? Not a chance.

Worse is when i wear my grey road jersey and some clueless chump says "Alright, go Cubs." I just smirk and show the sleeve patch.

Sox&Springsteen
10-17-2005, 04:07 AM
Ah the life of the expat Sox fan. It can be tough.

When I wear my Sox hat here, people think it says "Sex" because of the way the tail of the capital "S" intersects with the "O". It's particulary galling, in a country where there are a lot of slimey sex tourists,when out at a bar and some obese European white guy with a lovely Thai demimondaine on his lap, gives me the thumbs up. Ugh.

Ha Ha Ha! Boy, can I relate to that! :tongue:

I bought a beautiful wool jacket off E-Bay with leather sleeves and a large Sox patch on the back. I was delighted with it, Very soon thereafter, however, my friends starting slagging me about the "Sex" jacket. (I'm not even going to repeat some of the comments I got from strangers!!) I gave it away to my friend's husband--it's just not a female-friendly jacket when worn in a clueless country!!

Ladies and Gentlemen:
YOUR Chicago White Sox!!!